Home General Discussion

Pacific Rim

Replies

• Snacuum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snacuum polycounter lvl 9
    hahaha. by anime nerd shit I mean all the batshit insane characters, overacting and cheesey dialogue, moments of striking a pose to look "cool" after doing something, and pretty much every scene with the Japanese chick in it I was half expecting to hear those horrible "ahhhhh" "uuuuuwaaaaaaa" "keh!" kinda noises that are sprinkled throughout anime at about every 2 seconds someone is reacting.

The robots were cool though.

*ace: yea those clich
  • Brygelsmack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brygelsmack polycounter lvl 11
    Just home from seeing this. I pretty much predicted the story, but I'm not seeing these kind of movies for stories, good acting or some kind of character development. I'm just seeing them for some awesome action, and that's exactly what I got. Just slightly disappointed we never really got to see the kaiju's in daylight, it was always raining and nighttime.

But yeah, cool stuff!
  • Skamberin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin polycounter lvl 13
    Just saw it, absolutely amazing visuals, predictable story but the movie seemed fully aware of it and used it's tropes to set the stage for some amazing fights and eyecandy, which I'm perfectly okay with. I really hope games catch up with the fidelity of destruction present in something like this soon :P
  • xalener
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xalener polycounter lvl 5
    hahaha. by anime nerd shit I mean all the batshit insane characters, overacting and cheesey dialogue, moments of striking a pose to look "cool" after doing something, and pretty much every scene with the Japanese chick in it I was half expecting to hear those horrible "ahhhhh" "uuuuuwaaaaaaa" "keh!" kinda noises that are sprinkled throughout anime at about every 2 seconds someone is reacting.

The robots were cool though.

*ace: yea those clich
  • Brygelsmack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brygelsmack polycounter lvl 11
    Btw, how many of you saw the post-credits scene? Or I guess it was mid-credit. Like 90 % of the people watching it in my theater walked out and missed it.
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Btw, how many of you saw the post-credits scene? Or I guess it was mid-credit. Like 90 % of the people watching it in my theater walked out and missed it.
    I did, and honestly, that guys always look like a bad ass, even when covered in slime.