Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

VickGaza - Next-gen Student MA Final Project

Replies

• Giles_P
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks fantastic Vick, but 110k tris! Glad I didn't have to UV that!
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    yeah 110k is ridiculous man. that's 30-40k tops even as a hero asset.
  • vickgaza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vickgaza polycounter lvl 6
    Yea I know I went overboard with the counts but to my defence it`s somewhat justified.

One of the reasons are the legs which are duped 8 times and secondly the assets, all clothing, belts, armours, are individually sculpted/baked and are independent of the character. I wanted to do various tests on baking her and her hard surface assets etc, so I kept everything separate. That raised the poly-count considerably.

Finally I was sceptic regarding tesselation, so as a backup plan I pushed the silhouette with geometry as well, in the case that tesselation would be less efficient.

Rest assured I've learned my lesson, and from now on I will focus more on frame-rate friendly work :) But thank you so so much for all the feedback and crits you guys gave me, positive or negative, as it all goes into making me a better artist at the end, so thank you lots !

Some more general renders.
    CLNRjln.jpg
    gQ5y4Pz.jpg

And the maps here, first three are 2k the the last 2 (weapon and metal bits) just 1k when applied to model, in the map previews underneath all maps are 2k for showcase purposes :)

2k maps
    eluwMs5.jpg
    wVo22Hz.jpg
    uEJwnFg.jpg

1k maps

fzCRZOC.jpg
    KfA6SAl.jpg