Offline / Send Message
Arthur Ramazanov polycounter lvl 12
WIPS

Jackalope+Form.jpg

WIP.jpg

WIP.jpg

WIP2.jpg

Character1.jpg

I am still sort of a noob at hand painted texturing - I need to really get better at value studies.

Replies

• BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    looks really cool, although I think how you handled the fur hurts this the most. It reads more as feathers to me, and is a bit too noisy imo. I think it would work better if you painted some larger shapes/clumps of hair and left some areas without much detail to allow the eye to rest in places. Also the arms look a little too defined in your texture as well as the hair would make hide most of the definition in the muscles (like you have in your concept there).
    Nice job though overall... what's with the carrot? lol
  • Arthur Ramazanov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haha tx, this was the 1st time I made a character that I concepted myself, but yeah I agree with you 100 percent about the fur, I really struggled with it, bigger clumps is what I want to do...but it ends up looking like that...I think I might need to see a breakdown of how people paint fur on their characters...

Like this - from the past recap

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1716528&postcount=13337

Is what I want...but somehow I just don't understand how to do it...How to have the bigger clumps but also have the little details in it

I need to do some more studies of fur...but yeah i agree about everything you said...

About the carrot...what you never put a floating carrot in your scene for no reason ;)??? lol It was going to be his weapon lol - I'm gonna rig him up tomorrow so he's holding it
  • Arthur Ramazanov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The original Idea was to sort of do a Jackalope on steroids - so that's why the carrot is there :)
  • Arthur Ramazanov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message