Home Technical Talk

Why alpha gets cropped in zbrush?

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
Hi I am having a new problem that I didn't befoure ... I am using a long alpha texture I did , something like 512 x 64 to apply as a trim on a wall , but altough I could use it fine with drag drop mouse in other projects , this time in a completely new one , a simple subdivided box I get the alpha cropped like if was inside a circle shape ... I have put the focal shift to 0 and it shoul't crop anything .. why this happens? 45737444.jpg

Replies

• Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    Hm, open alpha palette and check settings there? Alpha fade isn't on? Maybe change brush just incase it's some brush setting mucking it up. If you want to upload your alpha I could give it a go. Should be a simple fix though. Try using Projection Master or Zapplink perhaps?
  • Valandar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Valandar polycounter lvl 18
    Also consider that most alphas appear to be square - thus the effect you're getting there, I do believe. Widen the trim's canvas so that it's square, and you might get better results.
  • NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    Can you post a image of what settings you are referring to I can't find anything related :( ...
  • MisterSande
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MisterSande polycounter lvl 8
    in the top left corner there should be a "Alpha" menu -> "Modify". Could you make a screenshot of those settings ?

Also, what is your sub-d level/polygon count on your projected mesh ?
    + how do you apply the alpha ? it looks like you are clipping it, where you working with symmetry on ? if yes, try disabling it first.
  • boumay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    boumay polycounter lvl 6

I repost in this old thread because I had suddenly the same problem occurring without reason.

It was working fine yesterday.

Any solutions?