Home Technical Talk

Nightshade UV Editor version 1.2 now available (Maya)

Replies

• acreativebox
    Offline / Send Message
    acreativebox polycounter lvl 7
    Well my UV Editor resides in the default window so if it's gone after minimizing then the most probable cause is that it's off-screen (common problem when you for example copy your preferences to a computer that has only one display.)

You can try deleting the UV Editor window with the following line of MEL-code:
    deleteUI uvTextureEditor;

If that doesn't work then you need to delete the userPrefs.mel in the prefs folder in your maya user directory

Yes it's true that when the problem occured I wasn't connected to my second monitor.

However I'm using two displays now, tried both your fixes and still nothing :/ No dice! :(
  • Deadly Nightshade
    Offline / Send Message
    Deadly Nightshade polycounter lvl 10
    Try executing this line of MEL code:
    windowPref -topLeftCorner 0 0 -widthHeight 1214 759 -parentMain true uvTextureEditor; NightshadeUVEditor;

If that doesn't work: Open up the script editor, go to history and check all the 4 top checkboxes. Then go to edit > clear all and then type in NightshadeUVEditor in the bottom field. Press Ctrl+Enter to execute.

If the script editor doesn't report any errors then I dunno what is causing this.
  • acreativebox
    Offline / Send Message
    acreativebox polycounter lvl 7
    Was just gonna post that it didn't give me any errors and walk away crying.

But then! At the last try! Success! I deleted "pluginPrefs.mel", "userPrefs.mel" and "windowPrefs.mel" and executed your code above :D And it worked! Please see attached .gif below.

uIeGCm.gif
  • Keytay
    Oh man I need this so bad but can't get it to work in 2009. (I'm too cheap to upgrade)
    When I try to run the script I get:

// Error: Invalid flag: -staticWidthPane

I'm guessing this is a new UI thing in later versions of maya?

do you perhaps have an older version laying around? :)

"A: As of now, v1.1.6 works for all versions from 2009 to 2013 (tested and verified) - for both 32 and 64 bit versions.
    v1.2 only works for Maya 2011+ but will probably be fixed for Maya 2009-2010 as well."