Home General Discussion

World War Z trailer

Replies

• Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    eld wrote: »
    I'm not talking about the eventual realism of zombies, I'm talking about going above and beyond the human body (which is eventually resident-evil material).

Shutting down pain reception and pushing the body to its limit is realistic, totally breaking it and going beyond is physically impossible.

We have plenty of real-life crowd scenarios where people are full of adrenaline and being crowdy, they tend to have a hard time doing anything vertical, this is why even though the movie is about zombies, it just drops deep into uncanny valley when we see human bodies avalanche like ants.
    Oh, I was...agreeing with you?

On a related note.

GUYS! GUYS LISTEN!
    What if...!
    Guys, listen!
    What if, the movie is called Zemmings!
    ZEMMINGS GUYS!
    Guys, listen here!
    World War ZEMMINGS!

Man, I tell you, with this joke, I'm gonna get so much sex toooniiiiiight!
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    I was so typically enraged that I missed the last part you wrote! ;)

Maybe they'll explain it by the disease having originated in squids thus giving the zombies these properties.
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    eld wrote: »
    I was so typically enraged that I missed the last part you wrote! ;)

Maybe they'll explain it by the disease having originated in squids thus giving the zombies these properties.
    Don't give Hollywood too much credit yet, I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow decided to blame the Middle East for it as a whole, with a nice side cup of "White man and greed" end-game story, and somehow found a way to blame sex while at it.

I mean it's not like anyone would want to watch saaaaay, soldier from certain parts of the ME, with other soldiers from other parts of the ME, who believe the other one is lying when they say "the undead are walking", and instead play it off an propaganda gist, then this is reflected in cities and homes, before shit hits the fan, I mean it's not like it would be interesting, political and full of human sociology-chronic structuring and other neat stuff one could watch, while still having guns and explosions it...
    (Yeah, I'm kinda vexed about this movie too).
  • cptSwing
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing polycounter lvl 11
    Trailer looks all kinds of boring.