Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

3D Character - Lordpig

Replies

• hamzaaa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hamzaaa polycounter lvl 11
    Hey,

welcome to the forum. To get feedback, tips and tricks you are definitely right here. Everyone is really kind and the knowledge base is huuuge! :)
    Regarding your model I am talking from learner to learner here, I am kind of new as well, but I think this model is weird. Not in a bad way, it is interestingly weird. I personally would make this creature more piggy. For example give it a pig nose or something because now besides the ears it doesn't look much like a pig. Hope this helps a little :)
  • Rmunday
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rmunday polycounter lvl 9
    Like Hamazaa, welcome and I have to agree, although it matches your Silhouette, you have got to think could this character function in reality? Its legs are just too thin to hold the immense top heavy nature of the character, other than that maybe try define some more fat creases, get lots of reference :). It looks like a very interesting character so will be watching this =D.
  • nixia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi, thanks for your feedbacks.
    I really agree with the fact that he has too skiny leg to maintain his body stand.
    But in a lot of references, you can have your character like this, if you look at some character like in "pirate's familly" or in "les zinzins de l'espace", some characters have very skinny leg and physically, they can't stand up.

lavis-heros-victor-macbernik-famille-pirate-L-1.jpeg

Of course if i would like to use it for videogames i think it could be a Cartoon character where it could be possible.

The exercice we had, was to create a character wich follow this silouhette, and on the silouhette we can see very skinny leg and a big body. I thought if i grow legs i'll be out of the base subject...

But very interessant, i think i will work on this for a more personnal update of this character.

Thanks again and i will start to work about this.

Havee a good evening ;)