Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Dota 2] - Crystal Maiden - Aghanim's Scepter

Hey guys! I started 3D modelling a good 6 years ago when I was just 11. That time I was using the nifty Google Sketchup, then I stopped for sometime until I stumbled upon blender not long ago, well that took my 3D modelling up a noch as Blender was much more advanced. Then, came dota 2, played it everyday and I just love seeing people post their stuff up in the workshop. So now, I wanna make something for the workshop and paricipate in this contest.

As the title suggested, I want to make an Aghanim's Scepter for CM. However, I don't know what is mask 1 or mask 2 so i just left them to be black. I already done the model and texture and it looks good in the preview. I just need you guys to give some suggestions because my model is not very optimized.

I am not aware that to participate I need to have a WIP thread, so I didn't open one until now. It's not finalised yet anyways..

Here's a render of CM and my model..
29302362053-orig.png

Here's my texture file, as you can see it isn't optimized I just dumped everything in randomly..
29302371938-orig.png

And this is how it looks in the test
29302394719.png

So what do you guys think? It looks pretty bland to me. I really have no idea about the mask textures, I dont understand the guide :/ Any suggestions would be great

Thanks!

Replies

• Mavell Duceau
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    One thing, the competition if for full item sets only. No individual items. You could make a set entirely of in-game items I suppose.
  • bensow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    One thing, the competition if for full item sets only. No individual items. You could make a set entirely of in-game items I suppose.

Whut? Oh damn that's not good. I have a major exam soon so I don't think I would do a whole set. Is there a workshop forum for dota 2 where I can put this?
  • Molai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bensow wrote: »
    Whut? Oh damn that's not good. I have a major exam soon so I don't think I would do a whole set. Is there a workshop forum for dota 2 where I can put this?
    You could just submit it to the workshop for approval the normal way I guess. You would not be in the competition that way but since you cant finish a set it doesnt matter anyway. I dont know if it is possible to submit in the steam client itself or if you have to go in-game to do so.