Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Dota 2] - Pudge - Battle scavenged

Good day to everyone!
This is going to be my work thread for the Dota 2 competition. Currently I am in the concept stage, having just decided on items for Pudge.

1. Concept:
The lore states that Pudge is always cleaning the Fields of Endless Carnage, however it does not state what he does with any of the non-living things. As such, I have thought that Pudge could put some of this to use. Maybe in his patchwork style, but that is severely limited to my ability to sketch and model.

Currently I am going to do three parts of Pudge:
  1. Head
  2. Weapon
  3. Off-hand

2. Planning:

Head: Helmet

Pudge doesn't want to ruin his hair, so he picked up this helmet to keep it safe.

- Helmet scavenged from a body (possible blood stain)
- Ill-fitting or comically sitting on his head
- Resembling a coif or bucket-like helmet
- Side flaps, if included, will jut out from his head

- Colour scheme: Silver/Red/Brown(/Gold) (I am thinking dirty, bloody steel with the possibility of some gold edges)

Weapon: Sword hook

Sometimes you need a sharp wit to get to the point, other times you need a sharp hook.

- Sword, double edged, bent into a hook shape (Think longsword)
- Flat edge would be the inside of the curve (ie bladed edges face left/right on main body)

- Colour scheme: Silver/Red/Brown(/Gold) (I am thinking dirty, bloody steel with the possibility of some gold edges)

Off-hand: Broken axe

Fresh meat by the axe load.

- Broken off axe head
- Large flat blade that extends beyond the grip
- Possibly chipped

So far as drawing goes, I am going to have a crack at it sometime soon, so stay posted
Any feedback would be appreciated!

Cheers :)

Whoo, timelog:
First post: Friday, 12th, 2012

Replies