Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Dota2] - Pudge - Pudge Jr

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
OtrickP polycounter lvl 9
Pudge's legacy, Pudge Jr...more to come!

Replies

• OtrickP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vb2xR.jpg

shBm4.jpg

Pudge jr, Offspring and Legacy of Pudge.
    Oh god no! he's learned how to walk!
    Born and raised on flesh and blood...

Pudge jr Is just under 2, He's just learned how to walk. He follows his Dad around and learns the trick of the trade - Dismemberment - He uses his toys as tools, however Jr know's no limits, to him everything is bash/slice/edible. It's almost impossible for Pudge to control Jr, his thirst for blood and chaos is overwhelming for his age.

Just some rough ideas: Pinwheel grappling blade, rattle mace, iron bonnet, diaper with meathook pins (loincloth/old fabric diaper) Bottles of blood, Children's leash/harness.

The second is blue, Some babies are born blue(ish) I thought it might work with the whole scheme. (I know this is a case for newborns but I thought it might be cool if Pudge was an exception since...he's all un-decompising and stuff..Science people.)

Anyways, Im still playing with concepts and started to model the things I know im keeping (Wepons, Bonnet)

Good luck all!
  • Qwiggalo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Qwiggalo polycounter lvl 8
    This is not going to work, baby pudge is too ridiculous. I would think of a completely different idea if I were you.

If cowboy ursa gets pulled from the store, baby pudge won't even make it there.
  • Erafic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Erafic polycounter lvl 10
    Qwiggalo wrote: »
    This is not going to work, baby pudge is too ridiculous. I would think of a completely different idea if I were you.

If cowboy ursa gets pulled from the store, baby pudge won't even make it there.

Could depend a bit on how well it still fits with Pudge art style. If he ends up cute, then it wouldn't fit. Creepy cute, then maybe. I know that tidehunter have a seamine he drags along as a purchasable item, could arguably also be too silly.

Try to still have it be pudge, maybe his "father" intended him to be a big child? Again, just keep to the artstyle if you go ahead with it. And you're not allowed to change his color scheme so the blue skinned version wont be possible. Item's are the only bits allowed to be made, not changing the base.
  • Spudnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    You cannot change the texture of the base model so blue Pudge is out.

I think this is a tad too silly for Dota's artstyle, I would love to see you take it maybe in the direction of pudge the baby-killer? (as bad as that sounds ...)
  • Qwiggalo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Qwiggalo polycounter lvl 8
    Erafic wrote: »
    Could depend a bit on how well it still fits with Pudge art style. If he ends up cute, then it wouldn't fit. Creepy cute, then maybe. I know that tidehunter have a seamine he drags along as a purchasable item, could arguably also be too silly.

Try to still have it be pudge, maybe his "father" intended him to be a big child? Again, just keep to the artstyle if you go ahead with it. And you're not allowed to change his color scheme so the blue skinned version wont be possible. Item's are the only bits allowed to be made, not changing the base.

No, there's no way this will work. The seamine isn't silly at all, it's a dead seamine and tidehunter is a scavenger that lives in the sea.
  • Erafic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Erafic polycounter lvl 10
    Qwiggalo wrote: »
    No, there's no way this will work. The seamine isn't silly at all, it's a dead seamine and tidehunter is a scavenger that lives in the sea.

Okies.
  • OtrickP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Too silly you say?! Never!

Perhaps it is...
  • dproeder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dproeder polycounter lvl 5
    I don't know why silly isn't an option. If its what you want to do, then do it. Personally I don't understand the goofy censorship on an open community mod workshop. That being said, I am a proponent of the theme relating to the character's mood and backstory. Make this baby creepy as dayum.
  • OtrickP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks dproeder,

I haven't had much time to create another concept...so I may be out of the competition. I was pretty set with this one. I may just have to finish it for fun, with a level of quality that it might make it past steam "stringency".
  • Baj Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baj Singh polycounter lvl 9
    I haven't had much time to create another concept...so I may be out of the competition. I was pretty set with this one. I may just have to finish it for fun, with a level of quality that it might make it past steam "stringency".

^^ Do This. Have fun with it!

Good luck :)
  • OtrickP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baj the legend! Thanks man.

Thanks for the support guys, getting down to it this weekend ;)