Home General Discussion

Planetside 2

Replies

• Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    frell wrote: »
    In the long run I think id enjoy planetside 2 more if it was $10 a month or a $30-$60 initial pay

Buying a game and knowing you have access to everything in it feels really good, I don't like breaking out the wallet for just a new gun. Id rather feel like my money went to a whole new game in my library and I always have access to it, not some free to play game I got into and bought a few items and have nothing to show for it.

why not do that then? pay 10 bucks a month, buy a gun and don't buy another until you max it out. I've been using the same gun on my medic for a while now, I still need to spend certs on upgraded ammo and a flash suppressor.
  • aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
    I enjoyed the game a lot while I played it... didn't know what I was doing exactly but it was fun! will be playing again soon.
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MainManiac polycounter lvl 11
    why not do that then? pay 10 bucks a month, buy a gun and don't buy another until you max it out. I've been using the same gun on my medic for a while now, I still need to spend certs on upgraded ammo and a flash suppressor.

Its just the immersion and feeling when you know everyone you're playing with is on the same page, its a really nice feeling.

Im surprised they didnt do a subscription or initial payment model, planetside is definitely unique and it isn't another combat arms or anything.
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    frell wrote: »
    Its just the immersion and feeling when you know everyone you're playing with is on the same page, its a really nice feeling.

Im surprised they didnt do a subscription or initial payment model, planetside is definitely unique and it isn't another combat arms or anything.

they did do a founders pack awhile back you payed a certain amount and you got a bunch of stuff, also there is a monthly subscription for the game if you want to go that way im not sure what that gets you though.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Also steam is awesome in that f2p dlcs also hit the sales. So it's not too bad.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Started playing it, it's very involved and confusing initially...

Anyone know how to get some Anti-Aliasing going? And GPU Physics? I have a 660ti but can't seem to turn that on.
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    whats the game like now has it been patched up for better performance and less crashing etc? I wanted to try it but Im waiting for the all clear haha
  • HardBaller
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HardBaller polycounter lvl 7
    Don't have any crashes at all. At least not during play. I do get a crash report after i exit the game though it doesn't do anything in the game itself. So no crashes. Classes feel leveled out and i really enjoy my time in the game. Only downside is that of course everybody can play every where so sometimes you see a bit of rubber banding but really that's like once a week or something. Really almost never. I'd say give it a try if you like the concept i'm almost sure you'll like the game.
  • Lucas Annunziata
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lucas Annunziata polycounter lvl 13
    I've really been enjoying this game a lot. Add me on steam/skype (darbeenbo) if ya feel like playing getting in on a group of artists.