Home Technical Talk

Nightshade UV Editor (Maya)

Replies

• CreativeSheep
    Offline / Send Message
    CreativeSheep polycounter lvl 8
    I just installed this script and as a former Max user, I LOVE this script.

@CREATIVESHEEP, have you created a custom shelf button that triggers the python command "import NSUV"? That works for me.
    Yes, already did that; there is supposedly a bug in some cases with Maya 2015 as verified by others.
  • malcolm
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm polycount sponsor
    Hey Martin, a couple feature requests:
    1. Could you take the bottom most icons and move those back to the top.
    2. Could you have the option to move all the tools from the left panel to the right side of the window, I put NS on my left monitor so mousing all the way over there to click a button takes awhile.
  • CreativeSheep
    Offline / Send Message
    Has anyone been able to run the script, close the window, then run the script again ?
  • malcolm
    Offline / Send Message
    I think you might have to get an older version, see above, the script didn't work for me when I downloaded it from creative crash.
  • Mawcos
    Offline / Send Message
    Mawcos polycounter lvl 7
    Will there be any support for Maya Extension 2 in the near future? Everything seems to work exept Unfold3D
  • throttlekitty
    How would I go about making a saved Layout to use NSUV in a panel? (side by side, persp/nsuv)
  • janoshx
    Offline / Send Message
    janoshx polycounter lvl 6
    Cani dock the NSUV somehow? It would be super to have this UV-editor next to perspective view instead of having it floating all around. I have two monitors and i usually keep the NSUV on second screen but it kind of kills my neck after a while....
  • OBlastradiusO
    Offline / Send Message
    OBlastradiusO polycounter lvl 11
    Does this plugin work even for 2016? Having trouble getting it stable. I can turn it on but after I close it never comes back on.
  • CreativeSheep
    Offline / Send Message
    Does this plugin work even for 2016? Having trouble getting it stable. I can turn it on but after I close it never comes back on.
    You have to use the python command reload; let me know if you need further details.  I had months of pain with this plugin until I was shown what was going wrong, now it works flawlessly. 
  • Moosebish
    Offline / Send Message
    Moosebish polycounter lvl 12
    I just wanted to drop a comment in here saying how much I love UV Nightshade Editor. I've been using it since 2012 and couldn't live without it. I've also shown many co-workers the light. Thanks for making such a great plug-in! 
  • OBlastradiusO
    Offline / Send Message
    OBlastradiusO polycounter lvl 11
    You have to use the python command reload; let me know if you need further details.  I had months of pain with this plugin until I was shown what was going wrong, now it works flawlessly. 
    Thanks for responding. I'll let you know how it goes.
  • Norron
    Offline / Send Message
    Norron polycounter lvl 13
    Nightshade suddenly stopped working for me at all about a week or so ago. Running the script or trying to reimport it for a fresh install of the script immediately fatal errors Maya. I'm running 2015 but it was working mostly fine for a long time until suddenly it wasn't anymore.

Anyone have any ideas? Not sure if there's an older version of Nightshade I should be using or something.
  • Treidge
    Offline / Send Message
    Treidge polycounter lvl 11
    Have you tried to force the script to recompile its libraries? Look in the install directory of NSUV for three files that have .pyc extension, and delete them. Try to run the script after that.
  • Norron
    Offline / Send Message
    I've wiped the entire NSUV folder and dropped fresh copies in there, still crashes immediately. It's like a switch got flipped one day or something and it's 100% broken now. If I wasn't running 2015 I'd think a maya update broke it or something.
  • throttlekitty
    In that case I'd try renaming the 2015 folder and let maya create default prefs and everything, then try with just NSUV in there and see where that goes.
  • Norron
    Offline / Send Message
    Worth a shot, I may have tried that already but no reason not to do it again.

Hoping I won't have to just do a maya reinstall in the end.
  • Deadly Nightshade
    Offline / Send Message
    Deadly Nightshade polycounter lvl 10
    Version 2.1 is out!
  • throttlekitty
  • Norron
    Offline / Send Message
    Solved my crash issue! Turns out PolyTools.mll of the bonus tools was causing a memory fault and interfering with NSUV. Thanks for the new release!
  • cid_carlos
    Offline / Send Message
    cid_carlos polycounter lvl 2
    Hi Martin, a small request (or maybe a bug?) it would be great if you have multiple objects selected you could unfold them, set the texel density or layout them as a group. At the moment in maya 2016.5 on win 10 you can only do it to multiple shells on the same object but nothing happens if you have multiple objects selected  even when with the default editor you can do it :(
    Anyway, this is really a great tool, thanks for all the work!
  • Deadly Nightshade
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Martin, a small request (or maybe a bug?) it would be great if you have multiple objects selected you could unfold them, set the texel density or layout them as a group. At the moment in maya 2016.5 on win 10 you can only do it to multiple shells on the same object but nothing happens if you have multiple objects selected  even when with the default editor you can do it :(
    Anyway, this is really a great tool, thanks for all the work!
    You can layout them as a group. Go to the Layout options > Layout objects, and make sure it's on "Together".
    As for the Texel Density control - I will look into it. If it's something minor I'll add it with a hotfix.
  • Enfy
    Offline / Send Message
    Enfy null
    Hi Martin, really awesome tool you made I'm using it all the time now! However I have some performance problems with version 2.1. When working with complex meshes selecting shells causes maya to freeze for 5-10 seconds, when switching to default UV editor this lag disappears, version 2.0.10 works fine as well. I'm not sure what causes this lag, other than that tool works like a charm. But because of this freezing its becomes very annoying to work. I've tested 2.1 on two different PCs and the results are the same :( Does anyone else have this problem? Any ideas what could cause this? I'm using maya 2016 ext2 SP1.

I rolled back to 2.0.10 for now. Thanks again for the tool its way more useful than the default editor  ;)
  • malcolm
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Martin, I really great addition would be to unfold 3d on multiple objects without repacking, you can't do this in Maya by default so I have to select each shell by hand, then unfold 3d, then repeat. Would be great if you had a button in nightshade which could do this I find I'm doing that a lot lately for lightmap uv's.
  • Deadly Nightshade
    Offline / Send Message
    Enfy said:
    Hi Martin, really awesome tool you made I'm using it all the time now! However I have some performance problems with version 2.1. When working with complex meshes selecting shells causes maya to freeze for 5-10 seconds, when switching to default UV editor this lag disappears, version 2.0.10 works fine as well. I'm not sure what causes this lag, other than that tool works like a charm. But because of this freezing its becomes very annoying to work. I've tested 2.1 on two different PCs and the results are the same :( Does anyone else have this problem? Any ideas what could cause this? I'm using maya 2016 ext2 SP1.

I rolled back to 2.0.10 for now. Thanks again for the tool its way more useful than the default editor  ;)
    Hello.
    Is it possible for you to PM me one of those meshes that causes these problems?

malcolm said:
    Hey Martin, I really great addition would be to unfold 3d on multiple objects without repacking, you can't do this in Maya by default so I have to select each shell by hand, then unfold 3d, then repeat. Would be great if you had a button in nightshade which could do this I find I'm doing that a lot lately for lightmap uv's.

Relative Unfolding - that's interesting. Should be rather easy to fix as well. Thanks for the feedback.
  • malcolm
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry I misspoke, I didn't mean multiple objects I meant multiple selected shells on the same object if that wasn't clear. Yeah that would be great Unfold 3D is nice, but one at a time is painful.
  • CreativeSheep
    Offline / Send Message
    I was thinking tri-planar to UV ?
  • Deadly Nightshade
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm said:
    Sorry I misspoke, I didn't mean multiple objects I meant multiple selected shells on the same object if that wasn't clear. Yeah that would be great Unfold 3D is nice, but one at a time is painful.
    I'm not sure what you mean Malcolm. Unfold3D works just fine on multiple shells.
    Just to check if this was a bug with NSUV, I created a sphere, split it into 3 shells, distorted the shells, selected all UV's and ran Unfold3D. The results are as expected. Could you elaborate on the problems you are having?
  • malcolm
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah shit you're right, sorry I don't know what I was thinking, it totally works fine. I'm not sure why I thought that didn't work.
  • Deadly Nightshade
    Offline / Send Message
    No problem. Maybe you had a multi selection active or something that could've possibly halted the execution of Unfold3d - mistakes happen :)
  • Deadly Nightshade
    Offline / Send Message
    Minor hotfix applied.
    I fixed two minor but quite annoying bugs, and corrected the installation instructions (install path) for OSX.
  • Edvard
    Offline / Send Message
    Edvard polycounter lvl 5
    Hey Nightshade loving the UVEditor, I'd just like to know if I'm missing something.
    I'd love the ability to set up hotkeys on things I seem to be using the most. Is there currently a way to map hotkeys on everything?
    I tried looking in the script editor but couldn't find any run command lines to make custom binds.
  • malcolm
    Offline / Send Message
    Deadly Nightshade, hey Martin, I was wondering, is it possible to launch NS from within another folder, for example you distribute it in a folder called NSUV which needs to be placed in  2017\prefs\scripts, but I was hoping to actually launch it from 2017\prefs\scripts\my_folder\NSUV, is that possible?
    The command I'm using to launch it in Maya via hotkey is
    import NSUV

reload(NSUV)

Is there a way to make that command relative?

• Deadly Nightshade
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm said:
    Deadly Nightshade, hey Martin, I was wondering, is it possible to launch NS from within another folder, for example you distribute it in a folder called NSUV which needs to be placed in  2017\prefs\scripts, but I was hoping to actually launch it from 2017\prefs\scripts\my_folder\NSUV, is that possible?
    The command I'm using to launch it in Maya via hotkey is
    import NSUV

reload(NSUV)

Is there a way to make that command relative?

Hey Malcolm.
    Yes you can do this with environment variables!

Go to C:/Users/ YOUR USER /Documents/maya/ VERSION /
    Edit the Maya.env file there. If there is none, create a new text file that you name Maya.env

Inside this file we will setup paths like this:
    MAYA_SCRIPT_PATH = %MAYA_APP_DIR%\2017\prefs\
    MAYA_MODULE_PATH = d:\stuff\
    PYTHONPATH = d:\stuff\
    XBMLANGPATH = d:\stuff\myModule\icons\

The first one has the variable %MAYA_APP_DIR% which will always point to your Maya user directory - on Windows this is usually C:/Users/ YOUR USER /Documents/maya/ so in our example up here, we go there and then into the 2017\prefs\ folder

The second one I included because it's easy to mistake it's use. It does not relate to Python modules actually, but to Maya modules. I haven't really looked into what that is but for now just remember that MAYA_MODULE_PATH does not refer to Python modules!

Instead, the third example here is the one we are interested in when we want to add extra paths to our Python modules. Here I've told Maya to look in another folder (stuff) on another drive.

The fourth example is for paths regarding icons.

Now using environment paths I was able to setup NSUV on another drive (d:) including with working icons. :) 

More information on this topic can be found here:
    https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/Maya/files/GUID-8EFB1AC1-ED7D-4099-9EEE-624097872C04-htm.html

And just to be clear: When we specify things in Maya.env we are NOT overwriting other paths - we are simply appending new ones to an internal list that Maya has. She will look through ALL these paths in said list when trying to find scripts, plugins, python modules, icons and so on... So you really can't have too many of them!
  • Treidge
    Offline / Send Message
    Enfy said:

I second this, have the same problem. No specific mesh is needed to reproduce this — a sphere with 50 subdivisions (4900 triangles) is enough for it to start lagging. The more complex geometry will cause greater freeze time. Will create a ticket about it at CreativeCrash.
  • janoshx
    Offline / Send Message
    I am not sure if this is a bug but i can reproduce this...

I have two (or more) separate meshes and they are unwrapped with nightshade. The objects are very different size. After unwrapping i want to combine the UVs so i can use one texture map for more than one object. When i select all UVs of objects and select LAYOUT UVs in nightshade the shells are collected nicely in one uv square as expected, but they are not in same scale eg. not having same texture density. I have tried several settings combinations in nightshade and they wont be scaled together so they share same texel density.

If i do the same from maya default UV editor they are aligned in similar fashion but now they are scaled so they are using same texture density.

I realised that if you right-click the Layout UVs button in nightshade i get slightly different dialog than i get in maya default uv editor.
    Also i am pretty sure that this worked perfectly in nightshade in some recent version. Now i am not sure was it in 2.1 or previous when the layout UVs dialog changed radically. It used to be more like maya default one or did nightshade open the maya default Layout UVs dialog?

So in case that i want to share one texture map with more than one object, my workflow is following:
    Unwrap and tweak UVs in nightshade(because it is better for that) and then layout them in default uv editor(because layout UVs works better in default UV editor.) Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? It is not much but a it annoying that i have to open the default maya uv editor to create good layout.

I am using Maya 2016 SP6 + nightshade 2.1
    I am on Mac OSX 10.11.6
  • Deadly Nightshade
    Offline / Send Message
    Treidge said:
    Enfy said:

I second this, have the same problem. No specific mesh is needed to reproduce this — a sphere with 50 subdivisions (4900 triangles) is enough for it to start lagging. The more complex geometry will cause greater freeze time. Will create a ticket about it at CreativeCrash.
    Thank you for reporting this.
    I've reproduced the problem, pinpointed it and started testing what is going wrong. Unfortunately it's in an update-function that runs when the user selects, deselects or performs an undo/redo - which completely ruins the user-experience. I apologize - I should've done more testing!

On the good side though it appears to be something easy to fix. I'll post an update in this thread once I've applied a hotfix (today or tomorrow (thursday)). Stay tuned!
  • Deadly Nightshade
    Offline / Send Message
    janoshx said:
    I am not sure if this is a bug but i can reproduce this...

I have two (or more) separate meshes and they are unwrapped with nightshade. The objects are very different size. After unwrapping i want to combine the UVs so i can use one texture map for more than one object. When i select all UVs of objects and select LAYOUT UVs in nightshade the shells are collected nicely in one uv square as expected, but they are not in same scale eg. not having same texture density. I have tried several settings combinations in nightshade and they wont be scaled together so they share same texel density.

If i do the same from maya default UV editor they are aligned in similar fashion but now they are scaled so they are using same texture density.

I realised that if you right-click the Layout UVs button in nightshade i get slightly different dialog than i get in maya default uv editor.
    Also i am pretty sure that this worked perfectly in nightshade in some recent version. Now i am not sure was it in 2.1 or previous when the layout UVs dialog changed radically. It used to be more like maya default one or did nightshade open the maya default Layout UVs dialog?

So in case that i want to share one texture map with more than one object, my workflow is following:
    Unwrap and tweak UVs in nightshade(because it is better for that) and then layout them in default uv editor(because layout UVs works better in default UV editor.) Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? It is not much but a it annoying that i have to open the default maya uv editor to create good layout.

I am using Maya 2016 SP6 + nightshade 2.1
    I am on Mac OSX 10.11.6
    It's not a bug but you are also not doing anything wrong :) It's a UI/UX -issue. The setting you are looking for is called "pre-scale" - you can find it under the options of Layout UVs (right click the icon).

Yes I've created new options UI's from scratch for Unfold, Optimize, Layout, etc - primarily to heighten the UI/UX experience. The default settings in NSUV (for in this case: layout UVs) are exactly the same as in the native UV editor - pre-scale is turned off by default.
    If you open up the native UV editor > options for Layout UV's > Edit > Reset Settings, then you will notice that pre-scaling is turned off by default. So performing Layout UV's now will give the same results as what you are experiencing with NSUV.

That aside though, having pre-scaling off by default doesn't make much sense from a UI/UX -perspective. I will make sure it's turned on by default when I apply the next hotfix!
  • Deadly Nightshade
    Offline / Send Message
    NSUV 2.1.2 has been uploaded.
    This update fixes the slowness problem when doing very large component selections!!! :)

Free (non-commercial): https://www.creativecrash.com/maya/script/nightshade-uv-editor
    Pro (commercial): https://www.creativecrash.com/maya/script/nightshade-uv-editor-pro
  • Treidge
    Offline / Send Message
    Cool! Thank you. Unfortunately, Unfold operations executed via NSUV interface still take much more time than expected. I've reported this in a ticket on CreativeCrash along with selection issue. Any luck on this one?  :)
  • janoshx
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi

I tested the new version and it is a bug... the feature we are talking about doesn't work in NSUV + maya 2016 SP6 but works in maya 2017...
    In maya 2016 i cannot make the prescale feature working in NSUV at all in situation I explained. I tried this by making two different size cubes and tried to layout their UV's together to same UV space... they remain to be same size regardless what settings i use in NSUV.

I would be super happy if you could fix the issue. NSUV is by far the best UV editor for maya already.

I am currently still stuck in maya 2016 SP6 because I use 3dconnexion spacemouse and their driver doesn't work properly in maya maya 2016.5 or in 2017... also the UI in maya 2017 in OSX is so badly screwed up that i really don't want to use it until they fix a lot of stuff...

P.S. You don't happen to had been working in Nokia with Meego project? Your way of thinking and vocabulary sounds so familiar about the importance of  UI/UX. One should never underestimate the importance of the user experience even if the graphics are not eyecandy.
    When i first time installed the NSUV and found out that there is over thousand icons in icon folder i was already thinking that "man, this guy is doing something veery familiar...."
    I was in "meego" team from its birth until the brutal execution just after the Nokia N9 was ready and shipping...
  • Deadly Nightshade
    Offline / Send Message
    janoshx said:
    Hi

I tested the new version and it is a bug... the feature we are talking about doesn't work in NSUV + maya 2016 SP6 but works in maya 2017...
    In maya 2016 i cannot make the prescale feature working in NSUV at all in situation I explained. I tried this by making two different size cubes and tried to layout their UV's together to same UV space... they remain to be same size regardless what settings i use in NSUV.

---PIC---

I would be super happy if you could fix the issue. NSUV is by far the best UV editor for maya already.

I am currently still stuck in maya 2016 SP6 because I use 3dconnexion spacemouse and their driver doesn't work properly in maya maya 2016.5 or in 2017... also the UI in maya 2017 in OSX is so badly screwed up that i really don't want to use it until they fix a lot of stuff...

P.S. You don't happen to had been working in Nokia with Meego project? Your way of thinking and vocabulary sounds so familiar about the importance of  UI/UX. One should never underestimate the importance of the user experience even if the graphics are not eyecandy.
    When i first time installed the NSUV and found out that there is over thousand icons in icon folder i was already thinking that "man, this guy is doing something veery familiar...."
    I was in "meego" team from its birth until the brutal execution just after the Nokia N9 was ready and shipping...
    Hello
    I understand your confusion now that I've taken a look at this issue you are having.
    There is a bug indeed! I am not going too verbose here but I can summarize it like this:
    -NSUV does not automagically load required plugins during startup (so NSUV "fails nicely" when the Unfold3D -plugin isn't loaded)
    -Maya 2016.5 and 2017 uses the new layout UV's that requires the Unfold3D plugin
    -The UI for the "new" Layout UV's is loaded in NSUV even though the required plugin isn't loaded (it should not - this is where the bug is!)
    -Pre-scaling has been hardcoded to 0 (off) for the legacy Layout UV's (uhm, past me: what were you thinking?)
    -Pre-scaling works differently with the new Layout UV's. Now transforms are respected** before pre-scale is applied - previously it wasn'¨t

** - If you create two cubes and scale one to 0.5, 0.5, 0.5 then select both and try to apply pre-scaling - nothing will happen. Neither the "preserve 3d" or "preserve UV" -option works. This is the correct, technical way to do things, as the user first need to freeze objects before their world transforms are resetted. Previously this was not the case as the legacy Layout UV's would not respect the world transforms (scale) of an object before doing pre-scaling.

Long story short:
    The bug is causing the UI for the new Unfold3d -Layout to appear, even though the command for the legacy Layout UV's runs under the hood. This in combination with how pre-scale works in the various Maya, definitely causes confusion!

As this is a bug, it will be hotfixed (v2.1.3)

• Deadly Nightshade
    Offline / Send Message
    Treidge said:
    Cool! Thank you. Unfortunately, Unfold operations executed via NSUV interface still take much more time than expected. I've reported this in a ticket on CreativeCrash along with selection issue. Any luck on this one?  :)
    Have you tried Unfolding in v2.1.2?
    The selection bug that was hotfixed in v2.1.2 also affected other features in NSUV - including Unfold. If you are still experiencing slowness it might be due to a new bug.
  • Treidge
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes, checked this in 2.1.2 and issue persists. You can reproduce this with the same 50 subdivisions sphere primitive. I have one more observation that may be related to this bug: if I'm opening the Unfold menu through the NSUV interface, when I switch into Legacy mode and try to set Unfold constraint to Horizontal or Vertical, following error is shown:

# Error: NameError: file C:/Users/Treidge/Documents/maya/2017/scripts\NSUV\UI.py line 13676: global name 'menuConstUnfold' is not defined # 
  • jRocket
    Offline / Send Message
    jRocket polycounter lvl 18
    I'm trying to install this and am getting an error-

import NSUV
    # Error: line 1: IOError: file C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2017\bin\python27.zip\logging\__init__.py line 935: 13 # 
  • Deadly Nightshade
    Offline / Send Message
    Treidge said:
    Yes, checked this in 2.1.2 and issue persists. You can reproduce this with the same 50 subdivisions sphere primitive. I have one more observation that may be related to this bug: if I'm opening the Unfold menu through the NSUV interface, when I switch into Legacy mode and try to set Unfold constraint to Horizontal or Vertical, following error is shown:

# Error: NameError: file C:/Users/Treidge/Documents/maya/2017/scripts\NSUV\UI.py line 13676: global name 'menuConstUnfold' is not defined # 
    Thanks for your feedback.
    Yeah it turns out to be several errors actually! Below is my test case and an explaination to the problems.

Test case:
    One subdivided (64x64 divisions) sphere which I deformed a little and cut up into 28x UV shells - Geo is 8k tris and 4.8k UV's

Problems/Errors:
    -The first one was related to the updating of the UV editor (thus: it affected all component selections). This one was hotfixed in 2.1.2 as it was quite severe.
    -The second one is just poor programming of another function that deals with the retrieval of UV shells* 
    -The third cause, which only affects Legacy Unfold - is a bug with the actual polyOptUvs() -command. In other words: It's on Autodesk's table. I found out that when using the areaWeight -flag, the command suddenly got much, much slower (speed went from 0.67s to 3.10s) - even if this setting is set to 0. For this reason, I will remove the "Surface Area Weight" option from the Unfold UVs UI and also remove the flag from the command. Autodesk is not going to fix bugs related to legacy functionality unfortunately.

There will be hotfix to correct this soon, however as I'm fixing other bugs I cannot promise a release this weekend.

---

* - I've reworked that troubling function now - and also extended it to work with multi-selections (that is, UV selections spanning over multiple different meshes). I know for a fact that some features just fails whenever the user selects say, two copied meshes, then some UV's of said meshes. That is ofc unacceptable: anything you can do on one mesh should work on multi-selections - that is my goal at least.

• Deadly Nightshade
    Offline / Send Message
    jRocket said:
    I'm trying to install this and am getting an error-

import NSUV
    # Error: line 1: IOError: file C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2017\bin\python27.zip\logging\__init__.py line 935: 13 # 
    That's a Python error unrelated to NSUV.
    Can you run the rows below and see what happens?

import pymel.core as pm
    import time

If these does not work then you have an error with your installation of Maya!
  • Treidge
    Offline / Send Message
    Good to hear that you sorted it out, Martin - thanks! Will patiently wait for a fixed version  =) 

I may be imagining things, but I think that I saw something similar awhile ago and it was related to the script being unable to write it's files into the directory, thus IO error (Input\Output). Had something to do with permissions, if I recall correctly.

• throttlekitty
    Yep, that's a little deeper than Windows UAC, the OS works overtime to make sure that nothing "bad" happens in the Program Files folder. I'm not sure there ever was a good solution to it other than to just not install most "utility" type programs there.
  • Deadly Nightshade
    Offline / Send Message
    NSUV v2.1.3 has been released.

Changelist:
    -Bug: Delete UVs, Cut UVs, Split UVs, Sew UVs and Move and Sew UVs no longer fail on multi-mesh selections.
    -Bug: Legacy Unfold no longer fails on multi-mesh selections.
    -Bug: The unfolding speed of Unfold U/V -only has been fixed.
    -Bug: Pre-scaling UV's (Unfold UV's) has been fixed.
    -Bug: Legacy unfold settings now reset properly when hitting the reset button
    -Bug: Fixed a bug with the legacy Unfold UI which caused the Unfold U/V only -setting to fail.

-Bug: UV pinning (selected/unselected) has been fixed for the legacy Optimize UV's (Relax)
    -Bug: Fixed a bug which caused the the legacy Optimize UV's (Relax) to behave in a weird way.
    -Legacy: The areaWeight -flag of the legacy Unfold UV's has been removed from NSUV as it was causing performance problems that can only be fixed by Autodesk.
    -Improvement: NSUV will now autoload the Unfold3D -plugin if it's not activated
    -Improvement: NSUV will now autoload the modeling toolkit -plugin if it's not activated (2016 ext2 and 2017)
    -UI: Pin UV shell border is now turned off by default for the legacy Optimize UV's (relax) as it caused confusion among users.
  • janoshx
    Offline / Send Message
    GOOD STUFF°°!!°°