Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Streaming 3D modelling work

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
ParoXum polycounter lvl 9
Hi, I'll open this thread to state when I stream some 3D work.

At the moment I'm doing whiteboxing in max, prototyping from 2d sketches I made previously.

Here's the channel link: http://www.livestream.com/paroxum?t=883632

Probably streaming for 2 hours, every day if I can.

Replies

• |MM|
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Are you not using shortcuts on a daily basis or is it just for the purpose of the stream?
    I mean this looks painfully slow.
  • ParoXum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Streaming ended :)

I'm using some shortcuts, I don't use that much tbh, but because it is prototyping, I have to think a minimum about the shapes of things when going from 2D to 3D, etc. And I'm not at work, so it's more laid back.

If you have advices on how to speed up, I'm all ears open :)
  • reverendK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    reverendK polycounter lvl 7
    hotkey hotkey hotkey. I map as many things as possible to the left hand side of the keyboard. as a rule: anything that i do more than twice in a row on any given model gets a hotkey added that minute.
  • |MM|
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ParoXum

I've watched it only a minute or so, I remember 2 things that seemed odd,

1.clicking instead of pressing 1,2,3,4 to switch sub-objects mode
    2.using constraints to move a loop (you might want to check out 'Swift Loop' with modifier keys)

I mean shortcuts in Max is about the worst thing in it to me,
    the default customisation and the way the tools are scattered isn't much of a helper.

You might want to read this thread if you haven't already
    http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82907
  • ParoXum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cheers MM, yeah call that lazyness to move my fingers for the sub obj modes :P

I usually never use polyboost stuff, same reason, never really took the time, I guess the swiftloop is there by default.

I'll have a read of that topic, thanks, my speed increase once I setup something complete like that should be quite impressive, I just need to take the time to map shortcuts for most stuff :P

It's some guys I stream for that are gonna complain I go too fast then :)
  • scotthomer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Not sure if its just me but I watch streams to learn more about people's workflow, not the way they operate max. Looking at all the work Vince has done in the past, sorta seems like its works for him..

Its definitely a great opportunity to get an insight into the way that other artists work.

Looking forward to watching your stream tomorrow dude!
  • Billabong
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Billabong polycounter lvl 15
    reverendK wrote: »
    hotkey hotkey hotkey. I map as many things as possible to the left hand side of the keyboard. as a rule: anything that i do more than twice in a row on any given model gets a hotkey added that minute.

quoted for agreement
  • ParoXum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Right until Black Mesa get's downloaded on my PC, I''m streaming a bit more.

Laid back because it's friday :)

http://www.livestream.com/paroxum?t=883632

Streaming ended ;)
  • Lephenix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lephenix polycounter lvl 6
    I love streams, and when i saw that you were the autor, i was really excited, thanks for doing that.