Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Female Figther Character WIP

Strikerr
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Strikerr polycounter lvl 5
Hello everyone! im totaly new to this forum hoping to stay here for a long time, seems like an awesome forum!
I would like to post this WIP and perhaps get som feedback from you guys. i really appreciate new ideas and will surely take the in count for this project. This is my SECOND Zbrush project ever so hope you could give som constructive feedback to help me improve my work. Note its not even close to be done, so here it is:

femalefighter01.png
femalefighter03.png
femalefighter04.png

Replies

• tristanCarter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tristanCarter polycounter lvl 5
    You've got some good stuff going on, but there are some key components to this that are damaging the sculpt. We'll start with the face. You are creating some very angular forms as well as leaving the face somewhat blobby. My question to you is what are you trying to represent with this character? Is she more along the lines of an amazonian type muscle woman warrior, or is she more of the typical kickass female fighter you see in the movies yet is still beautiful? There are of course more options than just that. I'd recommend checking out Jon Nickels article in Vertex found here:

http://www.artbypapercut.com/

The next part I'd take a look at are the hands, because the fingers and forms are extremely skinny and feel very broken. There are plenty of references out there for female hands, so I'll leave that to you. However, to start I'd definitely thicken up many of those forms and nail down your proportions.

Overall I think you're starting to go in the right direction, but I'd go out and get some nice references for female anatomy and body types you are attempting to mimic. Make sure you have really good shots of the neck, torso, legs, and arms. I'd definitely start refining your sculpt by dropping down a few subdiv levels and fixing many of your major forms before you start tackling the clothes.
  • Strikerr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Strikerr polycounter lvl 5
    Wow thanks for the fast answer! :)
    Hum i see well its more supposed to be the female fighters you see in the movies like you said. il do as you say and i will go over the female anatomy again hope it will improve the proportions actually fully agree with you just hard to face it sometimes will update this post as soon as i can have a tight schedule though :(
  • Tobbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tobbo polycounter lvl 11
    You are sculpting in the details way too early. That's why she looks really lobby and unnatural. Don't work just on the highest subdivision level. You need to build up her form gradually through the different subdivision levels. Start with the basic large forms and gradually work your way to the smaller ones, and eventually you will get to the details.

If you do it this way, her form will look much better and more natural.
  • Chronoxios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Agreeing with the other guys. Sculpting females is a bitch since you can't really hide bad anatomy behind wrinkles and details and stuff (unless you're going for a really old lady I guess =P). The face looks a bit flat and I recommend sculpting her in a more relaxed pose with arms and legs not so stiff. Helps finding form and definitely helps with rigging later on. I second studying Jon Troy Nickels females as he is truly a master of finding great female subtle forms. Keep it up!