Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Mountain Township

null
Art Dump. Feedback. Critique. Love/hate mail. Drop a line. Thanks!402685_1346894434_large.jpg402685_1346894304_large.jpg402685_1346894248_large.jpg402685_1346894181_large.jpg402685_1346893852_large.jpg

Replies

• VelvetElvis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VelvetElvis polycounter lvl 12
    Looks good but looks very similar to a drawing by Pene Menn. In one of your shots, your roof tiles are stretching a bit though.

83149_1219075695_large.jpg
  • Dcomella88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dcomella88 null
    Oh Wow! I honestly have never seen this. Credit goes out to Pene Menn and you for showing me this. Thanks!
  • leleuxart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leleuxart polycounter lvl 10
    Very nice! Good use of textures. The only thing that really stands out for me is how empty the town looks. Try adding in some more props along the sidewalks, like some of those small shops for produce with the awnings. It'd be a good opportunity to throw in a little bit more color too. Aside from the first shot, the scene is very monochromatic to me.
  • brandoom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    brandoom polycounter lvl 13
    Might not hurt to have some buildings at different heights - top portion of your images feel pretty flat.

Nice work though :)
  • spahr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spahr polycounter lvl 8
    Great models and textures. Solid lighting.

Only major thing that doesn't sit right with me is the layout. Would be nice to see no straight lines, 90 degree angles, even leveled houses, just more sporadic environment. You gotta think they would build it to the land, rather than now which we flatten areas out(and not even this much).

And it also looks like its one big development project, having variety in building height, placement, shape, weathering etc. To make it look like it was build with different design by different people with different times.

prop creation is top notch, prop placement needs more love :). And thats the fun part, getting to place your awesome art aroung a world, and its the aspect that pulls the scene together.

I think this is great, and has room to be better :)
  • Alismuffin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alismuffin polycounter lvl 7
    Wow! Looks amazing man :)
    Inspirational
  • TehSplatt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TehSplatt polycounter lvl 11
  • Dcomella88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dcomella88 null
    Im going to be focusing on fixing the ugly tiling roof and roads, composition, improve lighting by using more bounce light and possibly utilizing the street lights and windows, creating more props/deleting some props, re-set dressing some areas, and tweaking tree lines/alpha cards/and building heights.

Thanks everyone for the feedback, I really appreciate it. I completely agree with what everyone is saying. Ill be putting a bit more love into this indefinitely. I had it in my mind to do this in just a week, but I really want to give this and a few of my other pieces some more time.After all quality over quantity.

Ill be posting again within a couple of days.
  • JoshWilkinson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JoshWilkinson polycounter lvl 9
    awesome. looking forward to more
  • lamar McHaney
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lamar McHaney polycounter lvl 9
    I like this a lot. It looks really close to Penn Menn's concept, if that was your reference then good job. The roof is the only thing killing the piece but as you can already read, that statement was made already. However, this is still a great piece.