Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

[Just for Fun/Unpaid] Looking for concept artists and 3D modelers for a RTS/FPS game

Hello! :)

Awkward-Games, a company three of my friends and I created, is looking for concept artists and 3D modelers to join a project named Worlds at War (WaW).

What is Worlds at War?
WaW is a game that blends classic RTS strategy with FPS action in an intense multiplayer environment. If you'd like to read more about how WaW works, you can do so here :)

What would I be doing?
Concept artists would be creating concept art of units, buildings, terrain, or other things that they would like to work on.
3D modelers would have their choice of creating, rigging, animating, or texturing models.

Payment
There is a possibility of payment in the future, but if you want to join this project, we'd like it to be because you're interested in advancing your skills and creating an entertaining game :)
We will need you to sign a document saying that you are an employee of awkward-games and any media you create for WaW is the property of awkward-games LLC (although you can still use it in your portfolio, of course); if this is a problem, please let us know and we'll try and work something out.

Progress so Far
So far we have lots of information about how the game is going to work (literally pages of it), as well as unit lists and backstories for the races. We do have a simple demo where you can control your FPS character and build buildings in RTS mode, but development has been severely hampered by the lack of 3D models.

Currently we have three designers, one programmer (that's me! :)), and a dedicated concept artist working on WaW.

Below are some examples of the concept art we have so far for the game.

herascithColor.jpg

alphaHeavyCounter.jpg

scarab.jpg

We also have several completed 3D models that need to be exported to a format that we can use in-game.

If you're interested in applying, please send us an email at worldsatwar@gmail.com, PM an owner (such as myself) on the awkward-games forums, or reply here.

-wyrmmage

Replies