Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

G-43

Hello Guys!!

I here started on my first ww2 gun.The Awesome G-43 rifle.

High Poly done for now...onto creating lowpoly for this asset.

With High Poly i was aiming to get the feel for wooden part and metallic part just right among rest of things.I look forward for your judgement on that part.

Crit and comments are most welcome.

Replies

• Hang10
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's a good start but here's a few things I picked up looking at references.

1)There's a little dip just behind the magazine, on your model it straight and smooth.
    2)Part of the stock in front of the magazine dips where it should be straight.
    3)The trigger guard seems too large as well as the trigger. Your trigger guard has a sort of pot shape where as the images I've found are more square with rounded corners
    4)The cap on the end of the stock should be beveled in my opinion.
  • ageless
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Hang10 - Hey thanks mate.

i got your points.You are right on 1 and 2 points.Onto correcting them.That was really watchful of you.

I made trigger from reference, i'll check the proportions again, though.

The end caps are beveled my friend or i am not getting you...pl elaborate further if you can.

Thanks a lot for your inputs.
  • Hang10
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gwher43.jpg

Here's an MS paint-over (sorry all I got here)

The top rifle is the butt-stock and trigger guard I was trying to describe.

Compare the butt-stock to the top and bottom one I find the top one more attractive. Though both are correct its just my opinion. but looking at both the trigger and trigger guard I hope the fat lines in the paint over do justice.
  • ageless
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Hang10 - Thanks mate.Did some updates too.

Update: