Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    That is so cool :D
  • TigerGD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TigerGD polycounter lvl 9
    The first textured render looks amazing, but I think the specular on the skin and the quilted leather got too strong in the subsequent images.
  • greyskill
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I friggen love this guy! He just has so much character! His swords are super cool!

Great work!
  • JoeCyriac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gorgeous work so far man. I think the pedestal could use a bit more wear, but overall it's looking awesome.
  • OriginLinear
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This one is definitely in my top favorites. I think there is a bit to much uniform specular perhaps.
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    Im feeling kinda done now, Might do some tiny texture tweaks, and as people have been pointing out, the spec might need some more work, but Ive kinda grown fond of the plastic "action figure" kinda looking material though. and as texilion pointed out, the swords might be hard to reach, so I pulled down the sword holster some, hope it was enough.
    Gonna do another post soon answering some questions and posting my texture flats as I promised before, but for now a posed version will have to do.

And thanks again for all the nice comments everyone, you guys all rock!

WIP_16.png
  • Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Texelion polycounter lvl 8
    Yeah the action figure look is really cool.

How did you do for the pose ? I'm not sure to have the time to skin my char so if a quicker way exists, I'm intersted ^^.
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    Texelion wrote: »
    Yeah the action figure look is really cool.

How did you do for the pose ? I'm not sure to have the time to skin my char so if a quicker way exists, I'm intersted ^^.

haha, thats exactly what I felt!
    It was a combination of just rotating stuff in 3d max, transpose and some move brush in zbrush.
  • SharDCG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SharDCG polycounter lvl 8
    win! i like it very much, man
    maybe the stand looks like little smooth, need more cracks and hard edges on stones
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    so, someone asked me how I did the alpha on the shoulder and still got an edge, these are some images of it, it IS one sided, but with a small creese on the edges, as you can see it looks weird if you look at it from the inside, but with a two sided material it looks fine.
    alphashoulder.png

and the flats.
    diffuselow.png

and to SharDCG: ye, I agree with you compleatly, but I didnt wanna spend too much time on hat thing cause I dindt know if we were allowed podiums, but it turnes out we are, so some work tweaks will be done.
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    looks badass!...I would add a tiny hint of green to the flesh just to make it pop more form the armor..awesome work

EDIT: d'oh wasnt looking at the latest page..seems like the armor shifted more towards green..anyway looks good
  • Goeddy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Goeddy greentooth
    i think the baked in AO on his torso and arms is way to strong. i first thought it was post process ao.
    but like it currently is, it would look realy weird in different poses or with different lighting.
    i´d recommend you just tone the ao down a bit for the sides of his torso.
    also the texture space for his upper arms is ridiculously small, but i gues you can´t fix that now without having to redo a lot of your work.
    next time just sneak a seam on the arm-edge of the deltoid in there.

anyways its still looking very good :) good luck with the contest
  • bggeneral
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bggeneral polycounter lvl 9
    Wow that's amazing... The high poly sculpt looks great, great work on the overall balance and proportions of the character itself and great work on the details. The handpainted textures look so sweet (they are handpainted aren't they? :)

My only critique would be that (it was probably already mentioned) your uv layout could be managed better and the uv islands could be better organized. There is a lot of free blank space, the uv islands are scaled not optimal and probably there is a little percentage of loss of the details. But on the other side, it seems that it doesn't hurt the final textured model at all..

By the way, I like that soft uniform overall specular on the base\pedestal. It fits the style very well and perhaps there is no need to add hard crispy edges to the specular and make it more realistic.
  • sipher3325
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    "It's only a model"

huh huh...anyone get that? =)
  • Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Texelion polycounter lvl 8
    "Camelot !" ^^

I think you could do another character with the waste of texture space ^^. Maybe a baby one ?

Or a shrubbery ?
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    haha, ye, the unwhrap is rubbish, I know that, frankly, its because I usually never work with 2048 maps, and got so surprised with how much extra resolution I got that I didnt really care, I would have re-unwhraped him if I felt like I didt have the pixels needed to do stuff, but I didt get any problems so I went with "dont fix what aint broken".
  • JR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JR polycounter lvl 15
    I'm looking forward for a progress here. This model is very good.
  • sooshicat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Totally totally awesome O_O
  • sziada
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sziada polycounter lvl 11
    this is so good, have my babies 0__0