Home Artists Looking For Work

[Paid] Looking for a Maya Character Artist / Rigger / Animator for Maia

Hi

I'm making a game called Maia, a 1970s sci-fi inspired god game. The title has already gone viral and this is a great chance to be part of something really big.
Screen1_thumb.jpg

More info on the game here: http://www.MaiaGame.com

I'm looking for an experienced Maya character artist who can work from concepts to model, texture, rig and animate characters for the game. If you cant rig and animate that's not a problem, although I am not looking for modellers who won't do texture work.

Its fully paid (although my budget is currently modest so I need to keep things tightly costed). I'm looking to build a long term team of freelancers as after funding has started there will be a good years worth of work on assets creation.
Decompression_thumb.jpg

Good English skills are a must. People with a shipped title or two will be looked on favourably, but if you are amazing I also want to hear from you. :)

Drop me your portfolio to Simon(at)MaiaGame.com

Cheers!

-Si

Replies

• jeffreak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jeffreak polycounter lvl 6
    Cool! I'll send an email in a moment. What are the requirements for the character? Polygon count, Map resolution, does it require normal maps, is the face going to be animated as well? etc.
  • Nester818
  • simonroth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jeffreak wrote: »
    Cool! I'll send an email in a moment. What are the requirements for the character? Polygon count, Map resolution, does it require normal maps, is the face going to be animated as well? etc.

The game is top down but you can get quite close, so I'm looking at a few thousand polys. Heads will be split from torsos and will need to be modeled with good edge loops to allow for facial animation, but that wont be part of the briefs yet.

Normal, spec, and diffuse maps will be used. For textures we are looking at 512 maps for the body and a 256 for the head. Although I'm happy for the artists to work at double that if they really feel it needs it.

-Si
  • simonroth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jeffreak wrote: »
    Cool! I'll send an email in a moment.

Never received it I'm afraid. Noticed you worked on Orion. One of my concept guys worked on that too!