Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Art Test for IW

Please delete, for some reason I can't delete this post.

Replies

• cptSwing
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing polycounter lvl 11
    just some quick things that spring to mind, please don't take the brevity as me being impolite :)

- how's the shower curtain rail (?) connected to the wall? what about the soap holding thing
    - your tiles don't seem to tile uniformly
    - shower curtain could use some AO and a little more deformation on the vertical
    - the (fairly good looking, if over the top) grime on the tiles doesn't match up in the corners
    - very odd plaster walls :)
    - tiles seem pretty thick in profile
    - is your normal map's green channel flipped by any chance? in the last pic, it looks like the grout is extruding

keep it up!
  • Jason Young
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jason Young polycounter lvl 14
    What type of environment is this supposed to fit into? Meaning, is it a bathroom located in a specific geographical location?

The wall's normals look too intense, and I think having the floor tiles be different from the shower would be more interesting. If it's a residential bathroom, it would be more likely to have wood baseboards than tile. This might depend on location, though.
  • BARDLER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER polycounter lvl 12
    To high poly and way to high res of a texture for an IW game :p I kid lol.

I feel like the shower curtain would not cover half that bath tube, my shower curtain has 12 rings on it and your only has 6. I also feel like your curtain rod does not make much sense with how it is connected to the wall.
  • Snader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snader polycounter lvl 15
    If this is an art test you should probably first figure out if you're under NDA or if you're allowed to share info about it. Secondly it's generally considered best to do these tests on your own because they want to see what YOU can do, not what YOU&POLYCOUNT can do.
  • FullSynch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FullSynch polycounter lvl 11
    Maybe we'll all get internships! :D
  • Shadownami92
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shadownami92 polycounter lvl 7
    What sticks out a lot to me is the lack of AO. I understand your probably using tilable textures. But if these images were shot in a game engine it would probably have AO to make everything look more connected. The tiles should cast some sort of AO onto the wall. Another way you could do that would be using some alpha strips of sorts to get a fake AO around corners.

Same thing for the shower curtain rail. No AO/shading for where it intersects with the wall or tile. And the fact that part of it goes through the tile, and the other part goes through the wall, is pretty weird. I've never seen that honestly on a real shower. Also with this design, the shower curtain could only cover 1 side of the railing. So there is no real purpose to the part can intersects into the stucco wall part.

Also, scale wise, the actual tub part seems really shallow and really small.