Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] 3dcaspar / critique needed

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
3dcaspar polycounter lvl 10
Hi everyone.
Finally my Bachelor Degree arrived and now i'm finished with school.
So in the last few weeks i set up a new portfolio page and invested some money into an own domain. I also remade every scene and now i could need some advice from you guys :)

Here's the page: http://3dcaspar.com

Critique on anything you want!

Do you think i'm ready for an internship within the games industry?
Or should i add more work to it?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Replies

• SimonT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SimonT interpolator
    Cool work! The only thing i can say is, that it seems the text is more important the pictures because you placed it above them :D So the first thing i see after a blick on the big banner-buttons: text. But besides that: cool!
  • 3dcaspar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, thanks very much for the kind words :)
    So do you mean i should change the layout so the text is beneath the pictures?
  • fabio brasilien
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fabio brasilien polycounter lvl 11
    I would say that your name in the title and the environment artist has to much color and effects. Portfolio, Resume and Contact looks good. This is a tottaly personal opinion, but it got my attention and I didn´t like.
    I don´t realy care for big text over your images, but "Postapocalyptiv MetroStation" looked some kind of weird language before I read.
    The high poly Pickup has a nice image on that, but the two evironments are just a blurry image, I suggest get a nice shot from your scene and use as background. At the first moment I didn´t get any interest on click on them, but once I oppened I saw some great stuff.
    I miss some wireframe and maybe some props breackdown, something like this:mushroom_props_breakdown_by_dandoombuggy-d4sm9gq.png

You have great stuff there, your environment looks great and the textures are realy well done. I am not a environment guy, but I believe you are good for a internship.
    The things I pointed maybe will help your stuff stand out a bit more.
    I hope it helps.
  • nightfrontier
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nightfrontier polycounter lvl 8
    I think your images are too big. I have a large screen and run it at 1920x1080 resolution but your images are WAY bigger than my screen. It makes it really hard to take them in once you actually enlarge them. I would say resize them to something more manageable. Good stuff! :)
  • 3dcaspar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ fabio brasilien:
    Thanks for your feedback! I've changed the background images of the thumbnails to something more clear now.

@ nightfrontier:
    Yeah you're right ^^ i just changed the size to sth more suitable.
    Thanks alot for the feedback!

Do you guys think the background images/ size of the images are better now?

http://3dcaspar.com
  • 3dcaspar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So I did a new, less distracting logo and some minor changes.
    Sorry for double posting but i'd like to bump this a bit.

http://3dcaspar.com

Please tell me what you think ;)
  • alexes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice work. Car and environment. Would be nice to see it the vechicle textured. :)
  • richwderby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    richwderby polycounter lvl 6
    Some nice work but you really need to get rid the text blocking your images.

Just use your other images as seen below and simply put the name of the scene in the corner

1-1024x417.png
  • Seaseme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Seaseme polycounter lvl 8
    Hi Caspar,

I dig your work. It's all looking very strong, that being said, your webpage took a REALLY long time to load all of the images. I mean like 2-3 minutes - It might just be my internet, but if other people say the same thing you might look at some different hosting.
  • 3dcaspar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @alexes: Thanks a lot! Well, I think I'll keep it highpoly only.

@richwderby: Thank you also! What exactly do you mean? The "branding"-line at the bottom of each picture? Or do you mean the basic information on each scene which stand on top of each project page? Thanks again for the nice feedback!

@Saeseme: First of all thanks for the kind words! So I've got 1,6k and it loads instantly :S
    Anyone else having a loaging issue? I for myself never had one (also no problems with mobile devices).
  • Seaseme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Seaseme polycounter lvl 8
    I'm not sure - you might just have them all cached which is making it appear to load instantly - but it may just be my connection. Definitely get some others to test.
  • 3dcaspar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yep i will. Definitely thanks for the hint! ;D