Home Unreal Engine

Bloom problems

zombie420
polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
zombie420 polycounter lvl 10
I'm trying to use bloom to push my emissives values but so far no changes seem to affect my scene.

CmA2O.jpg

These are the settings for my bloom, all very default right now and I'm adjust the values (bloom scale, bloom threshold and color) of the post-processing brush. Should I be altering the values somewhere else?

Replies

• Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    Take a look inside the node "UberPostProcess" inside the post-process chain.
    There is some settings for the bloom.

You can create a new post-process chain and use it inside your map (there is an option inside the worldproperties to specify your chain).
  • zombie420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cool ya, I found the bloom options for the uberPostProcess node but these settings aren't changing the scene either.

eKKR4.jpg

Originally, I was trying to adjust the settings with the PostProcess volume, but neither the volume nor the node's settings seem to be affecting my scene. Do I need to assign the chain to anything, like I did with the world settings?
  • sybrix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sybrix polycounter lvl 13
    Under the Post Processing Effect tab in the PP chain options make sure you have Show in Editor and Show in Game checked in order for your post process chain effects to show up in your scene. I think Show in Editor is unchecked by default.

Also make sure under world properties under Rendering tab you have the World Post Process Chain attribute pointing to your PP chain in the material editor.
  • SirCalalot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SirCalalot polycounter lvl 10
    If you want to really enhance the bloom effect in certain places, you can adjust the intensity in an object's actual material.

Try multiplying the Emmissive node chain of a material by a constant of 2 to 10 and see if that's what you're looking for?
  • zombie420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh my goodness, what a rookie mistake. I had the post settings set to "use world settings" as well as "show in editor" and "show in game". Essentially, they were canceling each other out. Fixed it up now and we're good to go. Thanks for the patience everybody!