Home Technical Talk

Aligning imported meshes with tools in ZBrush for reprojection

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Cortes polycounter lvl 6
I've been working on a sculpt and found I needed more topology in the eyes, nose, mouth etc. I exported the mesh into modo, added the geo, and brought it back into zbrush in order to reproject what I've sculpted onto this resurfaced mesh.

When I try importing the edited mesh .obj (I click 'Import') the pivot is off... see pic. I've tried setting the pivot in the Zbrush settings but the meshes aren't aligning. My aim here is to reproject my details onto the new topology so the two subtools need to be aligned. Is there any way I can align the mesh properly? Is it something in Modo?

Or am I not importing the mesh correctly?

Replies

• Cortes
    Offline / Send Message
    Cortes polycounter lvl 6
    Hmm, I appear to have solved by reprojection problem by adjusting the "Dist" slider next to "ProjectAll", even though my two meshes were not perfectly aligned. I just eyeballed it and aligned them best as I could, adjusted the Distance value and got a very nice reprojection, though there were lots of weird jagged/jutting polys but I could smooth them out anyway.

Still would like to know how to align both of the meshes though as I think it would save me time.