Home General Discussion

Laptop size

Replies

• Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Is that the latest Asus line? Does it have the Ivy Bridge processors? Did you get it with the 3D?
  • RexM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yep, it's from the latest line. Has Ivy Bridge as well, but I got the version that doesn't have the 3D screen.

i7 with HT, 8 GB RAM, 2 GB dedicated video memory for the 660m. VGA out, HDMI out, and Display port. Apparently the card can support 4 monitors (SLI not required), including the laptop's screen. Some models have a Thunderbolt port in place of the display port.

1920x1080 17.3" screen. Screen quality is pretty good. Matte, not glossy.

Extremely happy with it. It comes with a 1 TB 5400 RPM drive (which isn't nearly as slow as you'd think), and it has a second, empty HDD bay as well. Going to put my SSD from my desktop into there.

Game art on the go. Heck yes. :)

I also thought I would mention that you cannot hear the fans even during gaming, unless you put your ear to the machine. Very quiet.

Oh, and the GPU, RAM, HDD's, disk drive, and CPU are all upgradeable. The main cover on the back immediately exposes the RAM, GPU and fan, and the two hard disk bays. There is a smaller cover that reveals the other fan.

16 GB of RAM max, though.
  • gray
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @playdo

sager are essentially custom built clevo laptops. last time i looked some of the European boutique oems sold rebranded clevo laptops also. i don't think you will have a problem getting a clevo laptop anywhere in the EU. but you will have to take the time to look throung the EU oems and what systems they offer. you might even find segar being sold from some of the oems. sager probably has the best rep overall. i would do a price compare with what you can get in the US tho to make sure your not paying to much. and just make sure that whoever you buy from will sell you parts direct. so your not stuck mailing your laptop to who knows where to have it fixed.

i would not worry about fans and all that. generally you get good fans etc. the main thing is to keep it away from dust.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    RexM wrote: »
    empty HDD bay as well

Really?? I wonder if that's new in all of their performance laptops. Would love to get one of their 3D ones with an extra bay for SSD. Does yours still look like this batmobile_Tumbler.jpg
    or did they change up the design? :P Pesronally I love the look of them, and the material they're made of, but a lot of people rag on them. I wonder if the 3D screen is matte too.