Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My current Portfolio-KyFer

Hey all,

I am currently working on a new portfolio, (getting back to job hunting) here it is at the moment.

www.kylefernando.com

I am eager for feedback positive and negative, lemme here it, it will be for the greater good. I am posting here to get feed back and learn from others, so feel free to tell me your opinions, and post examples if possible.

Much appreciated,

Replies

• Tits
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Hey there, sorry you didn't get any answers so far.
    You got some interesting pieces, really like the robotic woman. Pretty good work on that one. I'm pretty shitty at men anatomy but I would say that there is still job to be done on the male model and that he definitely need a beautyshot from head to toes without wireframe. The only color image you have of him is crop and the full body one is a wireframe image. Rework you render :).
    You got nice asset, environnement looks cool rendered in Marmoset. Maybe just try to have some more stuff and to really show what you are willing to specialize into (i think?) Not sure if you are aiming more for environnement artist, props or character when i'm looking at your website.
    Anyway hope it could help even a bit, just did my own website fews weeks ago, pretty new at this too :).

Anyway, keep up the good work!
  • Orangeknight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Orangeknight polycounter lvl 5
    I like it but I feel like each piece needs to be more profesionally presented. Like each model is nicely presented with a gradient backgroung and your name on the photo with stats about the object like polycount. Here is a good Tutorial that should cover that nicely. Also on my web page alot of the stuff is small thumbnails crushed together and mishmashed, but that could just be my small monitor. I feel like you should not try to fit mutiple thumbnails onto a row instead have a bigger thumbnail and one per row like this portfolio http://torfrick.com/. Also you have some work that is not your best or just is a small piece and you should remove, you only want your best projects. The best way to do that is to show this to someone random and tell them to pick say 4-7 pieces that they like the most. Sorry for all my rambling I hope it Helps.