Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] Alexandre LUTZ Environment artist

hi to the polycount community !
it's my first entry on the forum and i'll be soon working on a personal project so i thought it can be good to introduce myself before just to be polite :)

So yeah i'm an env artist, working for a know company (who make games about assassins).
... hum maybe you dont care about my life so here 's my folio !

There some old stuff in it and some are more recent. but it's what i have (for now) :)

www.alexlutz.carbonmade.com

To give some details on my next project, it will be a 3D reconstitution of the "Quartier Latin" in the latest Ghibli movie "From up on the poppy hill"
The goal is to practice with fully hand painted textures .

So that's all for now :) seeya on the (to be created) thread !

Replies

• ivanzu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ivanzu polycounter lvl 10
    Nice stuff but you should really switch to a better folio site because on carbonmade you cant zoom-in the images.I would rather use a blog or even a wix would be better.
  • gsokol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Going along with invanzu, your website doesn't let you right click and download images. Thats something you would want people to be able to do.

As far as the layout goes, itd be nice to see an image of some of your actual work on the thumbnail for the different categories...you want to throw your art at peoples faces right off the first page.

The gears of war thing...origins is spelled wrong, and also..the it may be a little misleading...I'm guessing its a fan based thing, but I wouldn't slap such a well known name onto personal work if its not actually affiliated.

Also, you need to have your resume available on your site.
  • Visceral
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Id like to see a bit moore breakdowns of your scenes. Maybe just a shot of the wireframe and some texture flats. I also think its important that you state that the scene was rendered in UDK or whatever programm you use.
  • Skillmister
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skillmister polycounter lvl 11
    Use the list mode on carbonmade for images so they can be downloaded.
  • Elunil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank for the good tip !

For now i dont feel like moving to another website for my portfolio, because it presens well and also i dont have time to take care of it for now :p
    But i will eventually :)

Anyway thanks a lot for the advices guys :)
    it's the only place where to get some constructive comments on something :)

Long live polycount