Home General Discussion

Asia/Korea Polycount Meetup?

Replies

• Kwramm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    google for Global Refund.
    Basically you ask at the shop for a Global refund form to be filled out, if the price is over a certain amount (e.g. 75 euros for europe). This form is valid, I think 3 months. Then when you leave you get a customs stamp on the form and you can claim a good part of the sales tax back at a special counter at Incheon. For the customs stamp you need to prove you're not a resident (e.g. foreign passport and no residency visa in it).

Same thing works in the EU - also via Global Refund - if you live outside the EU.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Still hoping for a Korean to jump in here and share the best way/place to get consoles/hardware here ;) Any stores I've seen them in they seem to be way overpriced!
  • tremulant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tremulant polycounter lvl 17
    Andreas - Play-asia.com

Seriously, all you lazy bastards get your asses out to Busan. So is it just AZ and me? That's sad that you are korean and haven't been to Busan lol. It's like 2 hours from Seoul. It's the beach in summer!
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tremulant wrote: »
    Andreas - Play-asia.com

Yeah I was considering that. Would I get slapped with customs though? And do they sell a variety of regions for software/hardware, or just Japanese?
  • Azreality
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yah the play asia web site if the best place to get what you need. Just check it all out for the region codes and limits, etc before you buy anything.

As for our whopping 2 person Polycount meetup... We are gonna rock out with our ...... and do all your Polycounters proud!
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah well next time host it in the capital and more people might come! ;P

Damn, I was hoping there was a cheaper alternative to play asia, even they aren't that cheap. Should have brought a console over from Europe. Do you guys recommed I buy a Korean console, or Japanese console, or try and import from somewhere else? I'm thinking of picking up a PS3, and they aren't region locked, but maybe there are other reasons I should consider?