almost finished the head
    showhead.jpg
    I'm having some problems to bake, and I'm not sure about that pattern
  • Largs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IMAGE_02.jpg
    IMAGE_01.jpg

I've kept that in mind and have been making tweaks in the animations.

I loved that ward, It would be nice if valve make it look in the direction of the enemy nearby, BTW awesome work
  • Andyk125
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andyk125 polycounter lvl 4
    @Largs: I'm affraid you are really getting to much into detail! From a distance none of the detail will be noticable and it will just make it really noisy. So keep it clean and subtle and test it from a disctance.

Well made another (ugly) ward concept, but it's more about the idea :p
    What do you guys think?

9J0kqFQ.jpg

Also a small update on the ward Helenek is animating..

WLUj5k1.jpg
  • marul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    marul polycounter lvl 7
    Finished sculpting my "hakama" ;)

What do you guys think? Any suggestions for feet or belt color, etc.?

juggernauthighpoly.jpg
  • poodleswithguns
    IMAGE_02.jpg
    IMAGE_01.jpg

I've kept that in mind and have been making tweaks in the animations.

WOW this is coming along Amazing!

my one bit... is that ward right now seems to take up alot of ground space. I get that he's in shrubbery. but is there maybe another way to design the shrubbery so that you maintain a smaller footprint. possibly even making the shrubbery less dense. One of the things about all the current totems is they are all sticks in the ground they take up as little visual space as possible during a match. I'd think that's because they want the hit boxs to be smaller and less likely to be clicked during a fight.if you could maybe make him sprout form a single plant like a stock. i dont know something to consider anyways.
  • Paskie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Look awesome marul! Very stylish!

Just started with the highpoly on a weapon for Lion.
    A demonheart scepter ^^

ZVKjnjY.jpg
  • deadl3ss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andy Helenek

Awesome !!! Love it !!! Will add you on steam ! ty. Glad you liked the designs and updated them.. you got the belt in there in the end !! Nice work on finding the polys - really glad.

And in game Yeah looking amazing very quickly !

Highlights on the bushes - something very similar to the trees ingame :)

When this ward set is finished i recon will be a great success !
  • darkartsofneko
    artquest: I'm fond of #5 version 2

Also, does anyone know of a good skinning tutorial for items? I'm having a lot of issues getting mine to import right because it keeps importing to the wrong spot. I imported the crystal maiden model into max, sculpted my object (currently working on the arms) where I wanted it to be. The location is set at 0, 0, 0. But when I export it, it winds up in some completely random spot, usually twisted the wrong way.
    I've linked it to the bones in the arm, and I've used the xreset that's mentioned in the pudge weapon tutorial. I got it in the right spot once, but it shrank it a lot and the item was completely inside her arm. I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong, I've tried a lot of different things. I don't know if it's my model, my file, my export or something I'm missing entirely. Any help would be wonderful.
  • BrontoThunder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BrontoThunder polycounter lvl 13
    Hey guys,

I've got a question regarding video capture. I'd love to start attaching videos to my Workshop items again but the program I was using before was such a hassle to cut down and edit - in your collective experiences what's the best software for this kind of stuff?
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6
    Andyk125 wrote: »
    @Largs: I'm affraid you are really getting to much into detail! From a distance none of the detail will be noticable and it will just make it really noisy. So keep it clean and subtle and test it from a disctance.

Well made another (ugly) ward concept, but it's more about the idea :p
    What do you guys think?

9J0kqFQ.jpg

Also a small update on the ward Helenek is animating..

WLUj5k1.jpg

I love that ward, really cool looking. If you need someone to rig and animate it I'm always up for it!
    Hey guys,

I've got a question regarding video capture. I'd love to start attaching videos to my Workshop items again but the program I was using before was such a hassle to cut down and edit - in your collective experiences what's the best software for this kind of stuff?

I use FRAPs to get my videos from in game, it's a minor pain in the ass since the files it produces are massive, but I dont mind the time to edit them down into something nice.
    WOW this is coming along Amazing!

my one bit... is that ward right now seems to take up alot of ground space. I get that he's in shrubbery. but is there maybe another way to design the shrubbery so that you maintain a smaller footprint. possibly even making the shrubbery less dense. One of the things about all the current totems is they are all sticks in the ground they take up as little visual space as possible during a match. I'd think that's because they want the hit boxs to be smaller and less likely to be clicked during a fight.if you could maybe make him sprout form a single plant like a stock. i dont know something to consider anyways.

We thought about this and right now the size of the bush fits nicely inside the diameter of the ward placement spots.

wards.png
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And I just saw the particles that come with the chicken, they looks awesome! Poofs of feathers, rocket sparks, and massive explosions! I can't wait to see them working in game!

Capture.JPG
  • Anuxinamoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anuxinamoon polycounter lvl 14
    Dude those explosions look so cool! Super stoked for you!
    Also that animated ward you are doing of the dude int he bushes is top notch! Love it :D
  • marul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    marul polycounter lvl 7
    Hey guys,

Try Open Broadcaster Software. I learned about it from the guys at dotacinema.com, it can both broadcast and save videos. It also has a built-in game mode, just disable aero while you're capturing.
  • LongThumb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    marul wrote: »
    Finished sculpting my "hakama" ;)

What do you guys think? Any suggestions for feet or belt color, etc.?

juggernauthighpoly.jpg

I'd say have the belt red and maybe add a pattern to the skirt bit, maybe add white to the V shape bit of fabric on the shoe(I've forgotten it's name.)
  • Largs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Paskie wrote: »
    Look awesome marul! Very stylish!

Just started with the highpoly on a weapon for Lion.
    A demonheart scepter ^^

ZVKjnjY.jpg

I was thinking in something very similar to yours,
    I'll try another concept though, BTW great job there
  • artquest
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artquest polycounter lvl 13
    Potential weapon design... I like it but I almost feel like it doesn't fit so well with CM in general or atleast the rest of my set. Thoughts?

iiruDgLvdQ7wQ.jpg
  • Andyk125
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I started blocking out a new ward, not sure where this is going but we will see :) also made some test colours.

lzPBFgJ.jpg
  • 4evra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    4evra polycounter lvl 4
    Andy,that 'main' eye looks overhidden.
    Especially from dota top view?

I'll know better once i see it from test screenshoot.
    But,like mrpresident said,design solutions where most recognisable feature of wards(the eye) is partially hidden should be avoided,for reasons he stated above.

Idea is good,design too,just a bit work on the pose,so u avoid the problem i stated.
    My 2 cents at least :)
  • Andyk125
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    4evra wrote: »
    Andy,that 'main' eye looks overhidden.
    Especially from dota top view?

I'll know better once i see it from test screenshoot.
    But,like mrpresident said,design solutions where most recognisable feature of wards(the eye) is partially hidden should be avoided,for reasons he stated above.

Idea is good,design too,just a bit work on the pose,so u avoid the problem i stated.
    My 2 cents at least :)

Well actually your giving the asnwer yourself, it's a pose. What you see is ment for the base pose, like the bindpose normal models have for skinning.

This isn't the idle pose, the 3 leafs will bend more and can close as well when animated, at least that is the idea.. Also there isn't really a main eye, when animated the idea is every eye will move seperatly.

But your comment is noted :)
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tvidotto polycounter lvl 9
    omg guys

A HUGE COSMETIC UPDATE TODAY

at least they added a huge amount of cosmetics on the dota test

today is a day to get drunk!
  • PoPcorn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tvidotto wrote: »
    omg guys

Where can I see this?
  • Goeddy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Goeddy greentooth
    omg guys

today´s thursday so this would totaly mess up my livers timing.
    better get drunk tomorrow when it will hopefully be life on the mainclient too.
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    omg guys

Four Sets for the following, Anti-mage, Windrunner, Chen, Enchantress. And a new courier have been added to the store today. BAWK BAWK.

The only real new item added to the test client was the warlock ward. Everything else has been hinted at or been in the item schema for a while.
  • Paskie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Largs, cool! Looking forward to see what you conjure up!

Need some advice guys. Should i keep the teeth on the edge of the shoulders or loose them?

VCjfQxl.jpg

Also, finished the demonheart scuplt.

I4tbFV7.jpg
  • Nannou
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nannou polycounter lvl 5
    Nice animations Helenek. Definetly a unique ward, we need more of this kind of stuff!
    Here is a WIP on the BTS courier me and T_vidotto are working on
    Pk4h8cc.png

And grats to all who got items in, in this patch :)
  • BrontoThunder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wait.. I thought the squirrel was the BTS courier?

Does it turn into the owl?
  • Nannou
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nannou polycounter lvl 5
    that is the ground version. The squirrel got a blow horn on his back to call the owl, so in the flying version it will ride the owl.
  • BrontoThunder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah, that's cool!

I like the idea that there's a reason for them to change as opposed to NaVi's courier were it just randomly turns into a crow from a weasel.

I look forward to seeing the finished result :)
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah, that's cool!

I like the idea that there's a reason for them to change as opposed to NaVi's courier were it just randomly turns into a crow from a weasel.

I look forward to seeing the finished result :)

It changing like is based of DOTA 1, they wanted a courier that was nostalgic.
  • BrontoThunder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It changing like is based of DOTA 1, they wanted a courier that was nostalgic.

Oh, I understand the logic and I don't think it's bad - I just would have preferred it if it had a bit more consistency of design. It looks great in game though so that's all that matters.
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My level of disappointment has reached an all time high. I really have no idea what happened.
  • darkartsofneko
    artquest wrote: »
    Potential weapon design... I like it but I almost feel like it doesn't fit so well with CM in general or atleast the rest of my set. Thoughts?

iiruDgLvdQ7wQ.jpg
    I don't really like the weapon, I don't think it fits well with the outfit. The main thing that's bothering me is I think the top is way too large. I understand that it makes sense to have it bigger so that it's more readable, but I think it's a bit excessive and looks silly and overpowering to the outfit. Perhaps if you made it a bit smaller and made the top piece shorter?
  • Hunter-Killer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hunter-Killer polycounter lvl 4
    Some wicked looking sets added to the game files, congrats and good work!

Been working on a Slark set currently called The Bone Bandit.
    More or less done with the skull and fin, just completed modelling the bracer/claws and still need to make the weapon and shoulders.

Any feedback please let me know! :)

bone%20bandit.jpg
  • tanka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tanka polycounter lvl 12
    Congrats to everyone that got their items in today.

I got linked to this site which shows all hidden data within dota2 updates: http://www.cyborgmatt.com/2013/01/dota-2-30th-january/#unreleased-cosmetic-items

An item I've made is in the unreleased cosmetic items section (along with many others I recognize from here) has anybody seen their stuff in here before, and did it eventually end up in game?
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tanka wrote: »
    Congrats to everyone that got their items in today.

I got linked to this site which shows all hidden data within dota2 updates: http://www.cyborgmatt.com/2013/01/dota-2-30th-january/#unreleased-cosmetic-items

An item I've made is in the unreleased cosmetic items section (along with many others I recognize from here) has anybody seen their stuff in here before, and did it eventually end up in game?

Those unreleased cosmetic are just items they are testing out, it doesn't mean they will get in the game, I've had stuff show up and get in, and stuff show up and not go anywhere. I don't use Cyborgmatt's website anyway, but mainly personal reason, and I like to dig my own information.
    Which set was yours?
  • aivanov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aivanov polycounter lvl 5
    Finished up the lowpoly and base bakes:

ibdMNs866AtgpT.jpg
  • PoPcorn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • BrontoThunder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Those unreleased cosmetic are just items they are testing out, it doesn't mean they will get in the game, I've had stuff show up and get in, and stuff show up and not go anywhere. I don't use Cyborgmatt's website anyway, but mainly personal reason, and I like to dig my own information. *cough* he's a douchebag *cough*

Which set was yours?

Why do you consider Cyborgmatt a douchebag?
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Why do you consider Cyborgmatt a douchebag?

I'd rather not get into it, let just say I've known the guy for years. Hopefully things will clear up soon, I'm not one to hold grudges.
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    My set was apparently re-added to the client files, not sure if I should get excited or not, it looks pretty crap in comparison to the rest.

Congrats to those who got theirs in however :)
  • tanka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tanka polycounter lvl 12
    Which set was yours?

Lone Druid's Hood.

I made it in August last year.. It was my first real items and isn't anything mindblowing.. It does suit the character well, and has been one of the highest rated lone druid items for a long time.
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lone Druid's Hood.

I made it in August last year.. It was my first real items and isn't anything mindblowing.. It does suit the character well, and has been one of the highest rated lone druid items for a long time.

Ahh, I've seen that before, I really do like that item. I don't see any reason why shouldn't add it. Maybe you'll get lucky and it put into a crate. :)
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Eleryn wrote: »
    My set was apparently re-added to the client files, not sure if I should get excited or not, it looks pretty crap in comparison to the rest.

Congrats to those who got theirs in however :)

hey guys, just to clarify the items on cyborgmatts site

they are from the dota TEST client, they were added to the game files, that doesnt mean that they will enter the beta client, but the chances are high =]

if they made an effort to add it, they will probably continue

but try to be patience, my first item took like 40 days to get into the game after entering the dota test, some guys get items really quick, we really cant preview what valve is going to do =]
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lone Druid's Hood.

Hey Tanka, hope we get in a lone druids crate one day =]
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    The only thing is, my items were added here, in this patch;

http://www.cyborgmatt.com/2012/10/dota-2-5th-october/#templar-assassin8217s-items

on October 5th, but apparently they were readded yesterday?

http://www.cyborgmatt.com/2013/01/dota-2-30th-january/#templar-assassin8217s-items

4 months, pretty sure valve won't add it :P
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

http://www.cyborgmatt.com/2012/10/dota-2-5th-october/#templar-assassin8217s-items

http://www.cyborgmatt.com/2013/01/dota-2-30th-january/#templar-assassin8217s-items

my drake took 5 months and entered

be patient =]
  • tanka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tanka polycounter lvl 12

My druid hood is in that October 5th batch aswell.. It looks like we're both going through a similar process.

I guess we just have to be patient.. who knows what valve is planning. :P
  • EtotheRic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EtotheRic polycounter lvl 18
    Nannou wrote: »
    Nice animations Helenek. Definetly a unique ward, we need more of this kind of stuff!
    Here is a WIP on the BTS courier me and T_vidotto are working on
    Pk4h8cc.png

And grats to all who got items in, in this patch :)

Nice! The owl rider idea sounds fun.
  • Jalcober
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jalcober polycounter lvl 10
    I'd rather not get into it, let just say I've known the guy for years. Hopefully things will clear up soon, I'm not one to hold grudges.

Don't mention things like that if you don't want to talk about it.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    Anyone have a lot of experience rigging with Maya? I'm having a lot of trouble with rigging things to him. Every time I try to add a smooth skin it tells me the bone needs to be set to Bind Pose, but when I try that, it says Multiple bind poses. so I find them in the outliner, delete all but one, same error. Is there a way around this so I can rig stuff properly?