Replies

• Noblebatterfly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noblebatterfly polycounter lvl 10
    Bernoully wrote: »
    New Reliquary in! Congrats to those whose items got in:

5Ri66.jpg

Is Xin's Salakot made by Valve staff? I don't recall it seeing anywhere on the Workshop.

YEEEEES
    YEEEEEEEEEEEES
    YEEEAASSASSS
    *A*
  • kendmd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kendmd polycounter lvl 5
    Grats to those who got their items in!

Well done prosto, you've come a long way.
  • Hawt Koffee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hawt Koffee polycounter lvl 13
    congrats everyone, I almost forgot about this weeks patch

OAb3KCj.png
    current state of my ember spirit concept
    going for a more humbled soldier look
  • mshadows
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator wrote: »
    Finished this Lion set with Slime just before the blog post by Valve on the update next month. What nice timing.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=205264924

4ECD59D677F5D34ED5246AC16AAC256FC18831F5

Good set, but i guess its so familiar with other lion's sets. I want to see something more extraordinary..

BTW, im so sad, when thinking about lack WD's sets in Dota 2. Can somebody make a good set? Thx
  • MdK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MdK polycounter lvl 9
    7thBattery: I'm really sorry mate but I think it looks WAY too much like BM. I actually thought it was BM at first with a weird colour scheme.

Congrats to everyone who got something in!
  • Insaneophobia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Insaneophobia polycounter lvl 5
    Yeah I agree with MDK, the first thing I thought was "made a skyrim themed beastmaster set?"
  • vertical
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vertical polycounter lvl 9
    Congrats guys! Quality items right there!
  • Frump
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frump polycounter lvl 12
    Grats folks!

I am not thrilled about this new Spring 2014 thing though. Now I have to force myself to design some things in a theme I don't know much about and rush them out in a few weeks if I want Volvo to love me.

I was just about to start sculpting a Weaver set. Back to the Photoshop drawing board.
  • 7thBattery
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kendmd wrote: »
    I thought it was a Beastmaster set.. o_o

Maybe if you add more reds to parts of the armor it'll read better as a DK set. Have you tried tinting the furs so they're more red? I love the concept and modeling though, very cool.
    foxclover wrote: »
    7thbattery: The promo art for that set makes me think of omniknight first. Kendmd's suggestion would work well, I think. Maybe if the fur's shadows were tinted red instead of blue/purple, it would read more dragon knight? I'm impressed you could get so much detail into the low poly space.
    Thanks Ken and foxclover. The fur is tinted a bit. I typically put blue in my shadows and the fur shadow color is a red/brown, but I probably didn't do it enough. Good idea.

When/if I revist I may add a few more plates and definitely get more red in there.
    MdK wrote: »
    7thBattery: I'm really sorry mate but I think it looks WAY too much like BM. I actually thought it was BM at first with a weird colour scheme.
    I can appreciate that criticism. I went into this one fully anticipating people saying it just didn't look enough like DK. Although, I didn't think he'd be seen as BM or Centaur which a lot of people are saying. I just expected a lot of 'Dovakiin' comments :)

I think maybe losing the beard and possibly the horns on the helmet, along with the changes Ken and Fox mentioned might just differentiate it enough. I may take a breather from it and see if Valve has anything to say about it. It's really hard to just jump right back in and revisit something after putting that much work into it, especially all the presentation work. Oh well.

Thanks guys for your critiques and ideas. :)
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kite212 polycounter lvl 15
    Grats guys! Cant wait to see all the spring 2014 awesome that is incoming, I just want to go home and work on my Gyro dragon set..... Damn yous day job!!!!!
  • foxclover
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mirana_ceremonial.png

Working with Soldeus on this one. Kirin-lion mount for mirana. :>
  • Vayne4800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vayne4800 polycounter lvl 3
    Congrats to those who got their stuff in.

Foxclover, you really cranking out the concepts oO.

As for China stuff, sorry but I am sitting this out. I had enough disappointments thank you.
  • Rubus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rubus polycounter lvl 5
    7thBattery wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Been quiet for a while, but just submitted my Viking-themed Dragon Knight set.

Don't really do this, but could use all the love I can get on this one. It's looking like this one will be a tough road to ho on the workshop.

Fork man, that looks awesome, I really like when people do stuff out of the box like that.

I'll agree with kendmd, maybe changing the fur color would help a bit in the reading - try making it black and the color of his hair and beard to a dark red, almost sure it will look more distinctively DK-ish.

Looking forward to see how it fares, hope it goes well, in any case it has my vote :)

P.S.: It looks a lot like the Nord dude in the TES: Online trailer, the beard color change may help with that too.
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6
    roaMMbQ.png

Not sure how new this is, but I just noticed the banner that automatically filters the China workshop stuff. I thought it was pretty cool, so I'm just gonna drop this here. Cheers!
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Not sure how new this is, but I just noticed the banner that automatically filters the China workshop stuff. I thought it was pretty cool, so I'm just gonna drop this here. Cheers!

Awww snap, who's gonna be first?
  • Konras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Konras polycounter lvl 12
    I am, sorry I know it was mentioned here before, however someone could suggest me a good software for creating those fancy gif images that can be seen in latest submissions on workshop? :) I tried to use search but I have failed badly :/
  • A1mb0t
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A1mb0t polycounter lvl 9
    Shameless cross post from my thread, finished a new omni hammer together with Rob!

@Konras Try searching for gif cam! it's what i'm using anyway

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=205492478
    Zf9DPsR.jpg
  • R4z
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    R4z
    "As for China stuff, sorry but I am sitting this out. I had enough disappointments thank you."

I know how you feel bro.
  • MagnoHusein
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys, did some lunchtime quickies today!

nrLhKFX.png
    Chinese lion guard courier

oYyEZAt.png
    And Missile for gyro, I'm still trying to figure out if this kind of design works better in his back slot.

I will go further with details! These two are up for collab.
  • Vextrakt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vextrakt polycounter lvl 6
    A1mb0t wrote: »
    Shameless cross post from my thread, finished a new omni hammer together with Rob!

@Konras Try searching for gif cam! it's what i'm using anyway

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=205492478
    Zf9DPsR.jpg

Hammer looks really good, but that Omni in the background looks a little funny :P
  • Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    @Konras, Gifcam is what I use. I can't get a link right now on this airplane but its free and a quick google search should bring it up.

Also check your thread Mango. I'm interested in the missile.
  • Konras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @A1mb0t, @Zipfinator Thank guys!! Searched for it and it looks perfect, I will give it a go :)
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys, did some lunchtime quickies today!

nrLhKFX.png
    Chinese lion guard courier

oYyEZAt.png
    And Missile for gyro, I'm still trying to figure out if this kind of design works better in his back slot.

I will go further with details! These two are up for collab.

Well i was going to make a Chinese dragon gyro set with missle pods like this:
    missile2a.jpg

If you would be interested I would not mind doing a Gyro colab seeing as how we are on a similar page already :poly121:
  • MagnoHusein
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kite212 wrote: »
    Well i was going to make a Chinese dragon gyro set with missle pods like this:
    missile2a.jpg

If you would be interested I would not mind doing a Gyro colab seeing as how we are on a similar page already :poly121:

It was just a matter of time to figure out about the chinese fireworks! Our ideas are similar and compliment each other. It would be nice if we mix then togheter in one! Hit me on steam and so we can talk better! :)
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It was just a matter of time to figure out about the chinese fireworks! Our ideas are similar and compliment each other. It would be nice if we mix then togheter in one! Hit me on steam and so we can talk better! :)

Awesome I will add you as soon as I get home from work!
  • Insaneophobia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hipolydone_zps25366d41.jpg
    Finished the hipoly for the set I'm creating with Foxclover. I'd love to hear some feedback on it though! If anyone can tell me something I should improve before moving on to retopo and baking. Enjoy!
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finished the hipoly for the set I'm creating with Foxclover. I'd love to hear some feedback on it though! If anyone can tell me something I should improve before moving on to retopo and baking. Enjoy!

This is looking really good so far! The only thing I would have to say about it would be the lower teeth. I fell they are pointing forward too much, and should be angled up slightly.
  • Konras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Insaneophobia Looks really fantastic. I have checked Foxclover concept for comparison. You did really good job. One thing that I liked on concept better is that blue material on bracers was wider in radius, thus it would read better from distance, maybe its something that you could look into. Other thing is mounts neck, it looks a bit to fat in side view, maybe you could slim the Adam's apple area. Of course mount shape is limited by bones location, however his body could be more S shaped. Right now head with neck feels to short compared to his long tale.
    To be honest sculpt looks fantastic, and this critics is a little forced :D Can't wait to see more progress :)
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    that disruptor mount looks killer!!
  • Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
    More stuff got in! A mix of older sets and the new-ish Invoker set! Congrats to all! Seems like a lot of the recent patches have a lot of stuff for female heroes, seems like Drow and Windranger have gotten a bunch of new items lately
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Grats on the items just ninja'd in! Can't get enough of that Anuxi Luna set!
  • MagnoHusein
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    T8c8tTY.png

Congrats for those who get in!

Still no accepted itens for me ;_; valvus hates me
  • Fewes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fewes polycounter lvl 8
    They actually finally added that Warlock staff? That thing is old as balls by now.
  • Vayne4800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vayne4800 polycounter lvl 3
    GZ to all who got stuff in.

Good luck to those who didn't. >.>
  • OniLolz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OniLolz polycounter lvl 13
    We've been kinda slow on workshop, but we're back with a new slark weapon!

85073A4165259A7C73C96C39A8506F8201A12DA8
  • hopgood
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hopgood polycounter lvl 12
    If anyone has worked with Lich before I would love some guidance here. I have created a neck item and I am basically just copying the existing skin weights to mine for testing. However, while the left side is fine, barring a few stretching problems, the right side seems to flip in on itself right at the beginning. Aside from this it rigs normally but with what should be the inside of the ice and scroll showing on the outside. Here is a picture to explain;

IkKAqxp.jpg

Anyone had this before and know if there is something blatant I am doing wrong?
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OniLolz wrote: »
    We've been kinda slow on workshop, but we're back with a new slark weapon!

Looking great, I really like this :thumbup:
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GzVxnDj.png

Ok, these are awesome, I'm glad to see multiple item packages like this. Hopefully it means we can see even more cosmetics get accepted each patch! More chances to get your items in. At at that price point, how can you say no. Hopefully this becomes more prevalent in the future, because I think there is lots of potential here.
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GzVxnDj.png

Ok, these are awesome, I'm glad to see multiple item packages like this. Hopefully it means we can see even more cosmetics get accepted each patch! More chances to get your items in. At at that price point, how can you say no. Hopefully this becomes more prevalent in the future, because I think there is lots of potential here.

That was my exact thinking, this needs to be a new thing going forward for sure. and if you want to see something funny preview the weapon pack:

Previewlolz.jpg
  • Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
    Yeah I like that idea too Andrew, gives me hope that the No Shave November beards have a better chance at getting in
  • belkun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    belkun polycounter lvl 7
    I agree! It completely fixes the problem that I mentioned on the Monthly Competition thread, which is that single items are really hard to get in-game. They add lots of sets every week, but single items only get added once a month on chests if we're lucky. Having more bundles like that would be pretty great to the Workshop! It makes people actually have a better reason to submit single items instead of the focus on sets that we are seeing right now. Also, the chests and stuff from the event really help to solve the same problem, but sadly those events only happen a couple of times a year. Hopefully we get more on 2014 :D
  • Mr.Paradoxic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Any critics guys ? This item will be a hammer ... for ... omniknight ! D:
    If you think that i wont burn in hell for such an idea, then i better get 'em ninja retopo skills out of the box.

2iiefia.png
  • Insaneophobia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks a lot for the crits guys! I'll see what I can do to improve it! :D
  • Konras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hopgood wrote: »
    If anyone has worked with Lich before I would love some guidance here. I have created a neck item and I am basically just copying the existing skin weights to mine for testing. However, while the left side is fine, barring a few stretching problems, the right side seems to flip in on itself right at the beginning. Aside from this it rigs normally but with what should be the inside of the ice and scroll showing on the outside. Here is a picture to explain;

IkKAqxp.jpg

Anyone had this before and know if there is something blatant I am doing wrong?

Yeah, that was really pissing me off :D Your rig is fine, the problem is in animation of Lich. One bone is there actually twisted by 180 degree. It look fine with default chain, however every continuous material will look weird while twisted. I tried to bypass it by twisting the mesh itself along the bones, however it didn't look as good as it should, so in the end I have just rigged those parts to his upper body bones :)
  • mihalceanu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mihalceanu polycounter lvl 6
    AndrewHelenek: yeah man , for a dude who like making single items I felt that I had to do some set allso if I want to get some stuffs in betweem the 15\th of every month.
    I was quite surprized to get my item accepted knowing that the chest allready dropped:).

They could had hold off a little on the particle side. Now ,my hellthorn for doom look like a big ass torch:D.
  • motenai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motenai polycounter lvl 18
    GzVxnDj.png

It feels something like a Mini-Chest, and in general is a pretty good idea...on the other side though i have a feeling that on the economic side this is gonna lower the returns somehow...but maybe i'm wrong.

Edit: By the way, is it the 15th of each month the deadline for the next chest? i had no idea...can you confirm?
  • Zalakzik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Guys, i just finished my set for Earth Spirit, he is my favorite hero and i would appreciate your Thumb Up! :D
    ttYyaHw.jpg
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motenai wrote: »
    Edit: By the way, is it the 15th of each month the deadline for the next chest? i had no idea...can you confirm?

I know the spring 2014 deadline is the 15th, as the event will most likely begin the 31st. Not sure if there is an unwritten deadline for normal monthly submissions. Also seems like they are reaching back to some older submissions recently :shifty:
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kite212 wrote: »
    I know the spring 2014 deadline is the 15th, as the event will most likely begin the 31st. Not sure if there is an unwritten deadline for normal monthly submissions. Also seems like they are reaching back to some older submissions recently :shifty:

I keep joking about this, but isn't a bit odd that we have to submit them under the tag "Spring 2014" in January? :poly124:
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I keep joking about this, but isn't a bit odd that we have to submit them under the tag "Spring 2014" in January? :poly124:

Yeah that struck me as odd as well, seeing as how they said the event is in the end of Jan, and a 3-5 month Dota event seems unlikely :poly142: