Home Marmoset

[SOLVED] Normal map projection like 3DS MAX

Azdimi
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Azdimi polycounter lvl 6
Hello,

In Max I can bake a texture using projection with normal maps applied on the Hgh poly material. When baked the low poly receive the same normal map as the high poly. Is it possible to do the same in marmoset? If my HP mesh have a mateial with Normal map, it doesn't bake on the LP mesh.

Sorry but I'm french and it's not easy to explain my issue ^^

Thank you

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Azdimi said:
    Hello,

In Max I can bake a texture using projection with normal maps applied on the Hgh poly material. When baked the low poly receive the same normal map as the high poly. Is it possible to do the same in marmoset? If my HP mesh have a mateial with Normal map, it doesn't bake on the LP mesh.

Sorry but I'm french and it's not easy to explain my issue ^^

Thank you
    This isn't possible in 3.03, but will be in 3.04. We've got a beta test going, and if you want to try the latest build you can find it in the pinned post in Toolbag user group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ToolbagUserGroup/

The build listed there doesn't have highpoly normal map baking in yet, but it has a bunch of other neat baker stuff. The next build, which we plan to release very soon will have it though.

• Azdimi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Azdimi polycounter lvl 6
    Thank you a lot ! I will try it and waiting for the new build that include this feature ;)