Home Adobe Substance

Possible to combine different projection types and mask from alpha?

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Prime8 interpolator
I`m new to Substance Designer and Painter and stumbled upon a few thing I just cannot figure out how to solve efficiently.
Probably you guys can help me easily.

1. I created a simple base material substance and want to feed a combination of other layers as base color.
This layers contain fill, decals (stamps) and some shadings. At the top most I added an anchor and feed it into the substance.
This works except that I want to use tri-planar projection in the substance and UV projection for the base I feed into it. The result now is that the fed base color is changing the projection to tri-planar and ends up all over the place. Can I somehow prevent this or is a better way to blend this layers?
I tried to use the substance as a filter, but eventually this has the same effect, using the anchor is a more elegant solution to my understanding.

2. Is there a function to create a mask from the alpha channel of that layer... or another?

3. Was a bit surprised to see that my carefully setup "visible if" conditions for exposed parameters don't work in painter, is there a plan to implement that?

Replies

• Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    Prime8 said:
    This works except that I want to use tri-planar projection in the substance and UV projection for the base I feed into it. The result now is that the fed base color is changing the projection to tri-planar and ends up all over the place. Can I somehow prevent this or is a better way to blend this layers?

You lost me there. When is the Tri-Planar projection done ? If you do the projection before feeding it to the filter/substance, then you won't be able to tile it. No magic here, we feed flatened texture to the layers that ask them, we can't do otherwise.

Prime8 said:
    2. Is there a function to create a mask from the alpha channel of that layer... or another?

No yet, we have plans to add that to Anchors later. Right now you could workaround that by creating a filter that extract the alpha and then use an anchor to access it in other places.

Prime8 said:
    3. Was a bit surprised to see that my carefully setup "visible if" conditions for exposed parameters don't work in painter, is there a plan to implement that?

It's planned, but we don't have an ETA as for now.
  • Prime8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Prime8 interpolator
    Thank you @Froyok
    1. The substance is set to tri planar projection. The layers fed into it are UV projected.
    My solution now is to use a grey color for the substance and just blend it on the color layers with overlay, works fine too.