Home Technical Talk

mesh turns green in legacy default viewport

dlz
dlz
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
dlz polycounter lvl 4
Hi, 
I have a problem when i duplicate a mesh but only in the legacy default viewport. 
The mesh duplicated turns light green in subdivision 1 (like the green of a selection).

When i change to viewport 2.0 it looks normal 
Anyone knows what's happening? theres a problem with my mesh? its a bug ? 
i know i could simply work with the default renderer but i like the legacy because it shows better the shading 

Replies

• oglu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu polycount lvl 666
    use the new one... the lagacy isnt under development and will die soon...
  • sprunghunt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sprunghunt polycounter
    Your mesh has lost it's material assignment when it does this. It's a common maya problem. You can reapply the material but it looks like you haven't done any texturing so that might not matter.
  • dlz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dlz polycounter lvl 4
    Your mesh has lost it's material assignment when it does this. It's a common maya problem. You can reapply the material but it looks like you haven't done any texturing so that might not matter.
    No it's not that, thank you all ways. I think this is a problem with the "legacy viewport".
    I was thinking what you said but reaplied the material and nothing happens.
    Also notice the green tone, its not the same green that appears when you dont have a shader in a mesh, its the green of the edges when they are selected.
  • throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You're probably right about the color, are you using smooth preview? Again, it's the legacy viewport in the final stages of life.

If you're only using it for the shading, why not use a custom blinn or lambert in VP2.0 with a darker diffuse, or turn off color management and use the default?
  • dlz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dlz polycounter lvl 4
    You're probably right about the color, are you using smooth preview? Again, it's the legacy viewport in the final stages of life.

If you're only using it for the shading, why not use a custom blinn or lambert in VP2.0 with a darker diffuse, or turn off color management and use the default?
    This renderer is very strange :/ i wont use it anymore. In smooth preview it shows the poligons nice but when i change to normal mode it turns the mesh green like it has a million poligons i dont know but it seems that it wasn't a problem with the mesh or shaders.
    Anyways like you said i can use a blinn with a darker diffuse in vp2.0 and its very similar to what i see in legacy.
    Thanks for the answers!