Offline / Send Message
    AtticusMars greentooth
    They know how to pick a youtube thumbnail thats for sure
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Classy. 

Still, it is starting to look like this might actually be watchable. Credit to whoever is putting together these trailers - they've progressively made the film look more appealing
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    The last 2 trailers have got me really excited. Though, WB says they went to do some reshoots to make the film more fun like the trailers make them seem. So, we could be falling for the advertising bs. 
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Trailer's looking good ! And what a great choice of tune -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_jdiU47bFA
  • ArtisticTiger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ArtisticTiger polycounter lvl 5
    slipsius said:
    The last 2 trailers have got me really excited. Though, WB says they went to do some reshoots to make the film more fun like the trailers make them seem. So, we could be falling for the advertising bs. 
    Same! Though David Ayer debunked that rumor on twitter saying what he meant by fun was more action.
  • Kend
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    Just saw it, I got to say I loved it!! the story definately needed some work but I had alot of fun watching it! Incredible fan service at the beginning, Probably gonna watch it again. What did you guys think ?
  • Shiniku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    Didn't like it, didn't hate it. Meh. 

The story was very generic superhero movie fare, which was disappointing considering the hype about it being different from other comic book movies, but at least it wasn't infuriating like the garbage heap that was Batman v Superman's plot.

I feel like the reshoots and re edits of the film were really evident given that there's no real payoff to a lot of plot points, and scenes that seem like they should have been big reveals just fall completely flat. The soundtrack was tonally incongruous and pretty distracting.

It seemed like the movie was intended to be dark and gritty and then when everyone complained about how dark and gritty BvS was, the producers got scared for SS and decided to add a dose of Guardians of The Galaxy style fun to it, but in the end it doesn't pan out as either an edgy dark movie or as a fun superhero romp. The truth is, the problem with BvS isn't that it was dark, just that it sucked. I would have much rather seen the original cut of Suicide Squad, at least it might have had some balls. I probably wouldn't have liked it either way though, the whole Hot Topic aesthetic isn't for me, but I'm glad some people really seem to be liking it.

I really liked that one scene where the woman transforms into enchantress. That was visually neat.
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    saw this last night, it's a huge disjointed mess. I liked the first 25 minutes or so, the intros for each character were pretty well done. Then the downward sprial began. Lack of character motivations, clear story and just random gun fights in dark backgrounds with basically the putty patroller generic footsoldiers from power rangers. That and the jam packed soundtrack that was basically bashing you over the head trying to be hip and cool. but it was just over done to death.

As for the new take on the joker.....brutal. Everything about him felt so forced, and try hard. Did not feel menacing or threatening at all, vs whenever heath ledgers joker was on screen you didnt know what the fuck was going to happen. This was just some growly, trying to hard to act crazy performance that was cringe inducing, along with the multiple wardrobe changes over and over looking like a high fasion show. 

About halfway through the movie I was looking at the clock hoping it would just be over. A shame because the trailers sold it as something interesting.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    It's likeable if you overlook the fact that the character motivations MAKE NO SENSE.

Oh hey fellow villain, I've known you for all of 2 hours and now I'm calling you my family/friend/etc and willing to die for you.

If they'd done a montage of going on other missions and assassinating people or something it all would have worked out.  That one change could have made the movie make sense.