Home General Discussion

the Warcraft movie trailer

Replies

• valuemeal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    valuemeal polycounter lvl 6
    RAVENSLAYER
    Question, isn't this frozen movie supposed to be animated?
    If they weren't in the know, the majority of the  game movies that were live action turned  out terribly 
    while animated game movies always seemed to yield better results.

I fear that this one will be no good. 
    Like the Mario movie, that wasn't Mario at all. 

Also aren't the human fellows supposed to have massive hands and armor?
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    @valuemeal
    I am curious worthfood, dont you ever get frustrated when people dont understand you because you have your own words for everything? 
    to answer your question though, didnt you watch the trailer? or where you afraid of the meat overload?  the movie is 50% cg and 50% live action, so sadly no huge shoulder pads for the human fellows  :neutral: 

and yeah, I dont think its gonna be amazing or anything either, but comparing it to super mario is a bit unfair lol.
  • valuemeal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    valuemeal polycounter lvl 6
    LOTET
    It happened when I used overtly verbose language as well, 
    thus I am seeking a middle ground here. 
    I watched several  trailers, it just seems as though the humans aren't Warcraft like; just generic fantasy and that won't do. 

It won't capture the true essence of the Warcraft, that's what I meant by it being like Super Mario the Movie.
  • AtticusMars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AtticusMars greentooth
    Probably a stupid question but: Is Blizzard doing (or assisting in the creation of) the VFX?
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    @lotet Man.... I thought they did an AMAZING job on the human armour...
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    And no, @AtticusMars ILM is doing the CG, I believe.
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    @slipsius really? I think it looks wrong on many levels. but im curious what you like about it? what I dont like is the material definition, it dosnt look like steel, and also the shoulders are connected really weird to the body.

@valuemeal
    I agree with you on the human fellows, I still think its gonna match better then the mario movie, that shit was a train whreck, this looks more of a "meh" to me. the orcs still look spot on to me, so thats at least half a movie =P
  • artquest
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artquest polycounter lvl 13
    Has anyone who spent countless hours in WoW realized how insanely detailed this movie is? Almost every scene has a very iconic location that I have spent countless hours questing in. It's super faithful to the game world. I saw westfall, Menethil harbor. Arathi highlands and the dark portal under construction in the swamp of sorrows (soon to become the blasted lands!) I'm also pretty sure I saw the tower of karazahn and dalaran. And of course stormwind... but man stormwind is so faithful I think I could walk it's streets just based on how much I have in the game.
  • linkov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    linkov polycounter lvl 10
    the only thing that upsets me a little bit, is how their armor looks like. I think some cosplayers do better stuff these days. 
  • Deathstick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deathstick polycounter lvl 7
    -but comparing it to super mario is a bit unfair lol.

Is it wrong that I actually really like the super mario brothers movie? I mean, "Trust in the Fungus," you can't go wrong! ;)

GOOOOOMMBAAA