Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Source] CS:GO map - untitled

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Amatobahn polycounter lvl 7
I have been slowly plugging away at a new project making a complete map in source engine made from 100% custom content.

The idea:

I had initially started off with doing a full sci-fi level, based on some far off distant planet with combat focused in larger areas and narrow close quarters hallways (original, I know :D).

However, as i've been working the idea has mutated into becoming various movie sets within a movie studio lot. That being each combat point will be focused in various themed sets playing off of some very iconic movies, and having movie set assets in place as if a shoot had just finished (ie. hanging light setups, green screen walls, camera rigs/tracks, blurred out backdrops, etc).

Right now, there are a few themes on the table in my head. First off i'm sticking with a generic sci-fi esque theme, keeping the area fairly busy (but not too busy that it interrupts gameplay), then thinking about making a mock up of tatooine complete with mud houses! Maybe moving on to a civil war/fort theme, and lastly another theme that has yet to be played on.

In terms of progress, I have a few assets worked out in game right now, have the main sci-fi area grey blocked out. (screenshots below).

558605_10152741549365444_1645791643_n.jpg

534143_10152741549370444_1852410868_n.jpg

I am open for suggestions and feedback is I progress through this whole deal. I have yet to decide bomb site placement, or maybe find a way to create a custom game mode. Still have to see how that goes.

cheers!

Replies