Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[STAGE] Mortal Kombat, Bell Tower, Gannon

Replies

• Hellstern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hellstern polycounter lvl 11
    Thank you for useful tips)
    Your design holds the mood perfectly - nice to see sunlight in there)
  • Chandler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The stage is definitely looking good! Thanks for sharing that tutorial too, I'm new to UDK and want to do a vertex blend material, and it was really helpful! :)
  • Mert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cool looking stage dude! my only real thought is on where the fighters would be standing?
  • CHON
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks a lot for the tips ! And this looks awesome !
  • Dan!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dan! polycounter lvl 6
    hey man I painted over your future update..from the future!!!!
    po[1].jpg
  • Gannon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gannon interpolator
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Looking nice, where's the color at?
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    ah lame you beat me to making sand first! This scene overall is coming along nicely the floor could use a nice blend of sand in the rocks crevices

and that open area can stand to have some bricks in the sand since that part broke over time.

overall looking good though!

The paint over above hits a few points I already mentioned! Keep it up!
  • ParoXum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ParoXum polycounter lvl 9
    Hey Gannon, I'ma let you finish, but where do the fighters fight?

Seriously, like Jeffro seem to say, it's really missing colors, the bigger arches are a bit wierd, you'd settle for the small or big ones everywhere.

No broken tiles on the edge (wood neither)? Seems like the scene has been pillaged instead.

That's the things that bug me when I look at it, looking forward to your future updates :)
  • Gannon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gannon interpolator
    Good feedback, I'll work on the color with the next couple of assets and finishing the textures.

I've done more stuff but mostly working on getting the technical stuff working. Cloth, ropes and the charms to become dynamic. It was working but now I broke it and I can't figure out why/how.

ParoXum - The shots more of an overall shot of the arena, Kind of like some of the first 3D mortal kombat games. You see the whole stage then you zoom in closer when the fight initiates. I'll setup some camera kismets for show once I'm finished with the all of the other stuff.

More updates soon.
  • Gannon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gannon interpolator
    The banners will have torn alphas hopefully based on world position probably a little darker with the mortal kombat logos and dynamic.

My scene was corrupted so I was doing a lot of catch up and breaking things trying to get my master materials to work again the right way with some new features.

Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to really sit down and begin polishing everything finally. Times running out and there are some fantastic looking entries =D.

wheresitat4.jpg
  • Mert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    looking good! its starting to get there, keep up the good work and keep going!

I think the big vertical cable in the middlee of the screen needs to go though, it's almost disecting the image.
  • Gannon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gannon interpolator
    kk, I had the same feeling, I'll chop it and fray the end.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lookin awesome!
  • d1ver
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    d1ver polycounter lvl 14
    Nice progress man, but I suggest you firmly establish your presentation shots now, to concentrate your time on what will definitely be seen.
    If you tear up those flags it would also look really cool, maybe even one fallen on the ground?
    Looking forward too seeing this finished. Good stuff. Keep it up!
  • Gannon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gannon interpolator
    Thanks guys,

D1ver, I already worked in the torn cloth and its looking pretty cool. As for the presentation shots I'll worry about those later, we've still got a lot of time even though it seems like we don't. I'm pretty close to calling it finished at this point.

Probably not going to update again until it's completely finished So I'm hoping everyone will like the final results :)
  • Dan!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dan! polycounter lvl 6
    son, i am disappoint- guess I'll have to shoulder surf your updates.
  • Gannon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gannon interpolator
    I am excite. I really think the final product turned out rather nice. Of course there's things I'd change and do differently but that's kind the nature of the game wouldn't you agree?

Sorry they took out the April UDK build from the labs Dan!

As soon as my build finishes I'll post the finally shot and I'll work on presentation later.
  • Gannon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gannon interpolator
    beauty1.png
    beauty2.png
    By rdmlegend at 2011-05-05
    construction.png
    textureimage.png

Not sure why the rules only asking for 512^2 for the texture sheet but what ever :p

I'm happy with how it turned out. There are a lot of great pieces in this comp, I can't wait to see how I fair against them all.

Good luck and congrats to everyone ahead of time.
    -Gannon
  • felipefrango
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    felipefrango polycounter lvl 9
    Turned out great man, good luck on the contest!
  • Mr_Mout
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mr_Mout null
    Nice stage ! Well done ;)
  • Gannon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gannon interpolator
    Since one of the categories for judging I figured It'd be a good idea to toss in a quick shot of one of the two Master materials I created.

This one is my LERP material that was used for the walls, floors and pretty much any material that had texture blends of some sorts going on. Other functions included:

• Scale U and V coordinates independently for all maps ie DIF, SPEC, NRM.
    • Include bump offsets
    • Detail Normals
    • Rim lights
    • Hue/Sat adjustments to the Dif Maps on the fly for color pallet tweaking.

lerpmaterialnode.jpg

The other Master Master materials shared similar functions minus the LERP functions. The others used things like the UpVector setup and other material effects.
  • Dan!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dan! polycounter lvl 6
    you're crazy in the coconut!