Home General Discussion

Let us help in saving the world.

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
boyluya polycounter lvl 10
The world is vastly changing. 10 years from now, where in the hell we could be? We might not have the kind of life that we are enjoying right now. All these ps3, xbox, wii, 3d stuffs, game stuffs might be gone. We might not even get into the era of really cool next-gen games. Or instead of making games, we wipe those stinky sh!ts that are spreading all over a wrinkled as$ for a living. Or maybe, it's gonna get worse than we could ever possibly think. Whether we like it or not, people like us who are gaming geeks will get affected. It doesn't matter whether you're one of the top artists in the industry or just a newbie. Global crisis, AH1N1, war in middle east, racism, nuclear weapons by the north koreans and other stuffs like these will cause this kind of future. But hey, we cannot let this happen, right? I mean, we "CAN" not let it happen.

The gaming industry is part of the media, the most powerful thing that man has ever created. We can affect other people's minds, big time. So, we should all be responsible enough in what we are to trying to show or tell to the citizens of the world. The fate of the world is on our hands, literally. We can help in making this world better instead of worse. I am not saying that all the games we make should be themed saving the world or saving mother earth or anything. Even in small things that we do, we can make a big difference. For your environment art, you can put posters or graffitis of "stop cutting trees", "make love, not war" or "be good with your ex-girlfriend that slept with your dad", blah blah blah. Or in the characters we make, we can put these as tattoos or prints on their shirts. Anything you can think that can help. There are lots of other ideas. Just use our creative minds.

Of course, for many this many not be cool. But hey, making this world exist like hell is neither cool. Maybe in a game that would look cool, but in reality it would not. We are privileged by being in this industry. Let's encourage other people, cause we can. Make use of the power we have. The power of changing one's own belief. Let us help in saving the world.

Replies

• ericdigital
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ericdigital polycounter lvl 13
    At first I thought it was a bunch of mumbo jumbo but I liked the fact you didn't jump on we need to make games with X theme and instead suggested more subtle ideas like posters or t shirts, kind of a cool idea I suppose, though rarely do the people play games take the time to enjoy the small details but cool none the less.
  • Daaark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daaark polycounter lvl 17
    You can start with a tin foil hat.
  • shadows
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shadows polycounter lvl 18
    funny_cat_pictures_pc_3.jpg

now be wery quiet, cat will save us from this uncool hell.
  • konstruct
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    konstruct polycounter lvl 18
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    I'm sure our employers will understand us. ...
  • Murdoc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Murdoc polycounter lvl 11
    I argue that I've been hearing the "save the planet" shit for my entire life that it has made me hateful and apathetic towards it. I can only say spreading the message is a problem, we all know whats going on, it was shoved down our throats as kids.

The real problem now is no one is offering any real solutions, or easy ones, haven't decided which one we don't really want to do.
  • Gav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    Hasnt the world been ending for awhile now?

There´s always some shit we have to worry about but just accept your fate. You will die. Only a matter of time. If it´s the world ending or you choking on a donut, Who knows.

Out of most possibilities i choose world destruction as one because hey, that would be pretty cool when you think about it.

GO GO POWER EARTH DESTRUCTION!
  • dehebo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'll help by double tapping some terrorists when Modern Warfare 2 hits the shelves...
  • boyluya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    boyluya polycounter lvl 10
    Murdoc wrote: »
    I argue that I've been hearing the "save the planet" shit for my entire life that it has made me hateful and apathetic towards it. I can only say spreading the message is a problem, we all know whats going on, it was shoved down our throats as kids.

The real problem now is no one is offering any real solutions, or easy ones, haven't decided which one we don't really want to do.

You're right. We all know the solution. The only thing that is hindering us is how are we going to put it into action. But we are in an industry that can spread the message. We should take advantage of it.
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
  • HAL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HAL polycounter lvl 13
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    we're saving ourselves.. the planet is fiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnneee brother.

but you're right. I agree. I meditate every day to clear my own shit up, and one of my largest goals is spreading healthy consciousness.. and greener grass games might be the first step in that. we'll see.

it's easy to talk. are you doing anything?
  • c0ldhands
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    c0ldhands polycounter lvl 15
    \\double face palm

0LOD7ELvfkb7ceppKRSsR1epo1_500.jpg
  • Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yozora polycounter lvl 11
    Save the cheerleader.
  • scourgewarper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fact is, 99 times out of a 100 there is absolutely nothing you can do about the problems facing the world. I really hope you can prove me wrong but the worlds way too complex mate.

I admire your idealism as everyones thought that at some point, then over time you realize the world isn't black and white but grey everywhere and that your essentially powerless. Unless you dump every responsibility and dedicate your life to change you won't make any difference. My advice is simply live as best you can, love your wife n kids, don't fuck anyone over who doesn't deserve it and you would have led a good life mate.

If we all die in an inferno of radiation and fire, deep down I sort of think we deserve it. Let the subsequent scorpion mutants have a go at creating a morally tenable civilization.

Sleep peacefully :)
  • Elhrrah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elhrrah polycounter lvl 8
    ...So I should stop writing for a mod that involves the destruction of all common flora and fauna? Humans get the kick, too.

The main problem that I find in trying to add these messages to games, is the fact that many people turn to games to get away from that stuff. Just like when you go the the theater, you don't want to see a political ad half way through, when you game you don't want a tree-hugger yammering in your ear. By misplacing such things, you do more damage than anything else; people will be too busy insulting you to listen to your message.

Now, organizing tree plantings, public area clean-ups, recycling drives, and so forth, would get you a lot farther.
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    turning your fucking equipment off at night mofos,
  • stimpack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stimpack polycounter lvl 10
    Worlds not dieing off, humans are. Cant say im too upset about it, I cant stand most idiots walking around anywho. Moment we switched from "survival of the fitest" to "survival for all" we started to rot.
  • Rox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rox
    SHEPEIRO wrote: »
    turning your fucking equipment off at night mofos,
    This.

There's a lot of things a lot of people could do to help conserve energy and, maybe not save the world, but destroy it a little bit less. Everyone already KNOWS about all those ways, but no one bothers doing it. Because people are stupid and lazy.

Walk to the store next time instead of taking the car. Take the bus to work rather than driving, yourself. Invest in a bike. Turn your computer off when you go to bed. Recycle whatever junk you can instead of throwing it all in a landfill. It won't help, at all, but if you don't do it no one will, and we'll all have to do something if anything good's gonna come out of it.

I suspect/hope that, soon enough, something will make some crazy powerful people get sick of everything, and make it illegal not to do all these "nice" things, and force us to live much less comfortable lives, for the sake of our own health and the health of everything around us. And a lot of people will complain. But not me, because I've already given a up a lot of these selfish conveniences. I don't have a drivers license and I don't ever want to get one, because as soon as I have the ability to drive a car, I know I'll get lazy as hell and do so even when I shouldn't. So I'm making sure it's impossible for me to make those mistakes. It's a hassle, but I feel good about it.

And that's what needs to be done. Less talk, more do. People don't need to hear about this stuff, they just need to sit down and think about it for a while. And there's nothing anyone else can do to make that happen. The more someone tells you to do something, the more eager you are to resist it because you have a will of your own.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    the energy we save is always wasted by someone else ahaha !
  • t4paN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    t4paN polycounter lvl 10
    Elhrrah wrote: »
    ...So I should stop writing for a mod that involves the destruction of all common flora and fauna? Humans get the kick, too.

The main problem that I find in trying to add these messages to games, is the fact that many people turn to games to get away from that stuff. Just like when you go the the theater, you don't want to see a political ad half way through, when you game you don't want a tree-hugger yammering in your ear. By misplacing such things, you do more damage than anything else; people will be too busy insulting you to listen to your message.

Now, organizing tree plantings, public area clean-ups, recycling drives, and so forth, would get you a lot farther.

Actually, don't games like Fallout make you scared of nuclear war and global warming and the inability to find clean water etc? Therefore, by writing for this mod you are making people see how worse can the world get. So you're actually doing your part whether you like it or not :P
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I could see incandescent bulb bans and mandatory recycling in the future. My new complex doesn't recycle so it looks like I have to drive down to the recycling center.

Oh yeah, Recoil is making a FPS called Earth No More
  • Elhrrah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    True, t4paN, games like Fallout can make people reflect on the the disturbing facts of life, and how human actions can result in the destruction of all they know and love. Not so sure about having humanity systematically subverted or destroyed in order to allow the planet to achieve its original design. Them green things just cover the cool looking mountains.

You know what the real answer is? Micro-transactions!

Make it cost twenty cents to throw away a pop-can, and five cents to recycle. Need to get to work? Opening a car door will cost you five dollars, while mass-transportation will cost you two. Turning on a light will cost five cents an hour, but turning it off within a reasonable period of time will give you 50% off. You get a bonus pack of five garbage bags if you go completely solar.

If it works in MMO's...

Edit: Didn't see those other posts.
  • hobodactyl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hobodactyl polycounter lvl 18
    I want to make a longer post later, but since I'm at work I'll just say:

Certainly "the Man" is to blame for much of the problems in the world. There's virtually no regulation on how oil is obtained, how diamonds are obtained, etc. Just yesterday Shell was finally found guilty of human rights violations:
    http://www.shellguilty.com/

What was their settlement? $15.5m. That's literally nothing to that company. So even when good people are heard, almost nothing is done.

To have any real impact, people need to decide what's important in their lives (hopefully friends, family, COMMUNITY) and NOT money, a new car, a new house...

Sounds like hippie mumbo-jumbo, but changing people's minds from "how can I do anything" to "how can I NOT do anything?" is the only way there will be real change. The corporations aren't going to give you change. Obama isn't going to give you change. You create the change you want to become in the world.

I'm a vegan; can I say that I've totally become self-sufficient? No. But I try to conserve energy when I can, I buy used when I can, I walk when I can, etc. It's a drop in the bucket, but everyone is a drop in the bucket.

Some cool stuff has been said by others here already :)

EDIT: I agree humans are fucking it up for humans, and your response is to get back to work? We're the brainwashed ones? Who's benefiting from you working? People have been working their whole existence to live, the difference is we've been brainwashed to think we need to work to buy Xboxes, huge TVs, huge cars, instead of living together with the people around us and loving each other.

We've been brainwashed to hate each other instead of caring and understanding.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    hey everybody, lets all force my beliefs on everyone playing your games. no, you don't have to ask your AD or mention it to everyone, just go ahead and put the art in, it's cool because my opinions is correctzorz.

woooo. fuck pandas!
  • Fliff
  • hobodactyl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    See, the thing is, of course Carlin is right, but he sums it up perfectly: "We're only here for a little while." So then we as individuals don't have to care that others are living in wastelands that we've created.

I'm sure you'd care if your entire neighborhood was destroyed to harvest some ore or oil, but our ability to empathize with other people has been eradicated, it seems.

Obviously I'm totally off-topic, as I don't think putting subtle messages into our games is exactly how to make a difference, but it can't hurt, either.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    it's easy for all the haves here to pooh-pooh it, we don't have food riots over here, how long is that going to last? I want to enjoy my retirement, not spend it waiting on food lines :P

Don't most of the timelines for carbon reduction say if we can reduce our C02 output by a certain percent by 2020-30 we will be OK (not great but ok).
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto polycounter lvl 18
    They're just video games, and nobody is going to care. No media other than news can have the desired effect of saving the world, and the news media can only do it if it puts a healthy amount of bias into its stories to sway public opinion. And that would need to be done years and years before the fact, or else people still won't take it seriously until the shit is already vaporized and flying at us at top speed from the fan blades.

Basically we're human, and our nature is to cover our ears and keep doing what we want until circumstances force a change. There's no way anything short of widespread manipulation or totalitarianism is going to sway us as a group in any meaningful way.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    nah it's cool guys, we only have two and a half years left as it is. get drunk and go party amirite?
  • Elhrrah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The widespread manipulation is already happening; can you feel that? they're strangling you. From a distance.

Where the focus should be, is the schools. If little Jimmy is being taught that he needs to recycle and look towards the future when he is six, instead of sixty with all the trees gone and oceans dry, there might be hope. The same thing goes for those dreaded 'Community Service' hours. The average school requires what, twenty to forty? Eighty to one hundred at most? That's only enough to make people not like it, instead of becoming used to it. People give me funny stares whenever I tell them that I had three hundred hours required of me; once you get going, it gets easy. And when it gets easy, it can become fun.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lulz, funny thing is I forgot the original intent of the thread "put eco messages in video games" that's just silly :P

Elhrrah: good news, the message has already been in schools. I learned Reduce Re-use Recycle in the 80s and I also had a elementery school science teacher tell the class "You will see the worlds oil reserves run out in your lifetime". Unfortunately it's still probably another 20 years before my generation is in charge :P
  • Elhrrah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Really, what they should do is put eco messages on the sides of Semi-Trucks and heavy equipment.

"Are you going to watch me destroy the ecosystem? Get active. Today."
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    were already teaching future generations about what we've done to fuck up their world look at all the distopian futures we proffosisesssss
  • Ben Apuna
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This discussion leads me to think of "serious games".

Strangely enough while eating lunch today I got to thinking about all the meth heads and other drug addicts I see around my neighborhood. It seems as though a lot of these people get addicted at a young age, teens maybe younger and end up ruining their whole lives.

I believe that video games are a powerful medium which shouldn't be overlooked as simply fun and entertainment.

I wonder if anyone ever made a game about the horrors of drug addiction from the viewpoint of an addict. I think the current gen technology is sufficient enough to make it a pretty visceral nasty experience. Drug use is a dangerous lifestyle lots of bad stuff can happen.

Imagine a sandbox type game where your character is constantly motivated to get high. Your character needs to steal stuff or sell his/her body to get money for drugs. Of course all of those actions have inherent risks, not to mention just using some drugs can kill your character though an overdose. Most of the time your character ends up dead or in jail getting gang raped, or maybe you manage to stay alive but live out a horrible existence on the streets. Maybe you slowly lose control of your character as the drug use gets worse and it gets harder to steal. He/she becomes more disgusting over time and can no longer turn tricks. Your character goes into an uncontrollable rage and kills some kids playing in a park. Other drug addicts try to kill you for your drugs. Well you guys get the idea...

I don't really buy the argument that games can brainwash anyone. Playing GTA probably never gave anyone an uncontrollable impulse to go out and kill someone else.

However I do think games are a much more personal experience than say watching a movie. So maybe, just maybe if kids/teens were to play such a game they might think twice about trying out drugs.

Then again if it had to be rated "E" or "T" it probably wouldn't be that convincing, oh well... lol.
  • hobodactyl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hah, the last thing we need is more stuff telling kids that "ALL DRUGS ARE BAAAAAAAAAAAD!"

Of course, meth, heroin, really bad shit fucks people up. I'm speaking from growing up in the U.S., and in the U.S. acid is basically equivalent to cocaine. Pot is demonized. Shrooms will permanently fuck you up.

I'll come right out and say I have been taking salvia, which isn't illegal in many areas, but SURPRISE it's becoming illegal (Ohio just made salvia illegal). And guess what? It's helped me totally open my eyes. Ancient religions used hallucinogens all the time to "open the third eye". Guess what the major world religions are totally against? :D

Again, I imagine most people will be thinking "oh Ian's just using drugs," but that's the whole point. It's so illegal and so "evil" that realistic discussions can't even be held.

Does anyone think it's a coincidence that marijuana has been used for thousands of years for medicinal purposes, but now that companies can patent their drugs, cheap/free home remedies are increasingly "debunked". Pot can never be patented, so there's no way for major drug companies to make money off of it.

Cancer can be cured, but where's the profit? Treatment is where money is, prevention has no purpose in our capitalist society.

I really recommend watching this video:
    http://www.phoenixtearsmovie.com/

Now, you may think I'm just crazy, but at least watch this video, and then afterwards ask yourself "does my government have my best interest in mind?" Or even more realistically "do corporations have my best interest in mind?"

There is growing medical evidence (not to mention thousands of years of experiential evidence) that marijuana is a very healthy, beneficial drug.

Anyway this is a huge rant, go smoke, or try some shrooms, or smoke salvia. Salvia is perfectly legal in many states. Approach it from the angle of "what can I learn from this" rather than just recreational drug use. There's a reason for shamans and other spiritual leaders; they help guide you on your trips so that you learn something meaningful, rather than trying to just "go somewhere else" for a while.

I sound crazy because self thought and learning has been totally annihilated in our culture. We're told that this is bad, this works, this doesn't work, but we don't try anything ourselves.

If you're really stuck on illegality, etc., try out salvia a couple of times, and read about it before you do so that you experience some truth for yourself!
  • Vrav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav polycounter lvl 11
    Gamasutra - Soapbox - "World of Warcraft Teaches the Wrong Things"

Thread reminds me of this old article I am still fond of. Games are a great place to teach and learn, often touching more subtle things than what a Jack Thompson might vilify them for... but positive benefit from a game relies on the player's own introspection. If a kid is ignorant and mindless then it's ignorant and mindless.
  • Rai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rai polycounter lvl 15
    hobodactyl wrote: »
    Does anyone think it's a coincidence that marijuana has been used for thousands of years for medicinal purposes, but now that companies can patent their drugs, cheap/free home remedies are increasingly "debunked". Pot can never be patented, so there's no way for major drug companies to make money off of it.

Demon Marijuana

Grown worldwide for millenia as a source of food, medicine, fiber and paper, hemp was banned for the first time in human history in 1938 by the United States.

The original impetus for outlawing the hemp plant came from the DuPont and Mellon families with an important assist from William Randolf Hearst.

Hearst owned timber rights for millions of acres of forest land, the raw material for newsprint. DuPont had patents for numerous synthetic products that hemp is competitive with.

Harry Anslinger, the virulent racist who headed the Bureau of Narcotics and spear-headed the campaign against "demon marijuana" was married to the niece of Richard Mellon of the Mellon banking family.

For those who believe that the world is run by and for the benefit of a few interlocking families, this episode provides evidence for that position.

Enforcing marijuana laws and jailing offenders is a multi-billion dollar a year business that employs tens of thousands of people.
    The Marihuana Tax Act of 1937

Marijuana was outlawed at the national level in the US by the Marihuana Tax Act of 1937. (Note that the US Government has traditionally used the spelling "marihuana".) There were a number of reasons given for its passage in the congressional testimony. The quotes included:
    • Two weeks ago a sex-mad degenerate, named Lee Fernandez, brutally attacked a young Alamosa girl. He was convicted of assault with intent to rape and sentenced to 10 to 14 years in the state penitentiary. Police officers here know definitely that Fernandez was under the influence of marihuana. But this case is one in hundreds of murders, rapes, petty crimes, insanity that has occurred in southern Colorado in recent years.
    • I wish I could show you what a small marihuana cigaret can do to one of our degenerate Spanish-speaking residents. That's why our problem is so great; the greatest percentage of our population is composed of Spanish-speaking persons, most of who are low mentally, because of social and racial conditions.
    • Did you read of the Drain murder case in Pueblo recently? Marihuana is believed to have been used by one of the bloody murderers.
    • . . .a boy and a girl . . . lost their senses so completely after smoking marihuana that they eloped and were married.
    • It is commonly used as an aphrodisiac, and its continued use leads to impotency.
    • Practically every article written on the effects of the marihuana weed will tell of deeds committed without the knowledge of the culprit, while he was under the influence of this drug. . . . "A man under the influence of marihuana actually decapitated his best friend; and then, coming out of the effects of the drug, was as horrified as anyone over what he had done" (9). Then we have the case of a young boy in Florida. The story runs as follows: "A young boy who had become addicted to smoking marihuana cigarettes, in a fit of frenzy because, as he stated while still under the marihuana influence, a number of people were trying to cut off his arms and legs, seized an axe and killed his father, mother, two brothers and a sister, wiping out the entire family except himself." (10)
    I can't rightly say these are at all 100% true, but I thought I'd post them anyhow.
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PUUUUSSSIIIEESSSSS

so someone snaps one day and gets up on a soap box to do something positive, and he gets "facepalm" bullshit? i mean the guy sounds a little naive, but common.

I always hear a lot of bullshit about how we can't do something, or how it won't work, etc.. which is basically self hypnosis.

this "we're helpless" rhetoric has spread through our culture with NOOOO problem what so ever, so don't anyone spew bullshit about how we can't effect change. the proof is in the pudding.

at it's base, most problems are consciousness related. people refuse to get resourceful. if you can spread a negative psychology that fits with lazy fucks, then you can spread a healthy one that fits with people who give a shit, or at least tells the lazy fucks to..

shut the fuck up, perhaps? -- because you're just re-enforcing the negative social conditioning.

There's a lot of lip service about how people are "sheep" but nobody will actually take responsibility to change what they believe, or to even begin to become aware of their own rhetoric. could it be that the sleepwalker is you? hows about we take responsibility for our lives?
  • hobodactyl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's more hippie talk ;)

http://www.alternet.org/blogs/water/140525/kudos_to_gq_for_revealing_the_coal_industry's_dirty_secrets_/

The clean coal conspiracy website!

I care about everyone on these boards, that's why I'm wasting my time trying to have a discussion :D
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    discussions are meaningless, acting is 1000 times better :)
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    perna wrote: »
    Bottom line is anyone who takes the time to post in this thread is never going to be a person to make fuck-all difference in the world, so stop deluding yourselves. Sitting on the internet telling people about your grand plans... go get off welfare instead you hippie communist. Stop visiting the conspiracy websites and stop downloading those self-help audiobooks. You're hopped up on that stuff to the point where it keeps you from going out to get a good job and get laid.

Yes, please reply with an eight-thousand word rant where you among other things whine like a little girl about how mean I am.

sure, will do.

dude, that is the other EXTREME. lets not pretend that the world is black and white, yes?

I *apparently* wasted an hour talking on these forums. i now have about 12 more to get some work done.. which I'm startinnggg now.

don't make massive distortions to justify decisions that you've already made on an irrational basis, because it's transparent.
  • Rai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rai polycounter lvl 15
    Bottom line is anyone who takes the time to post in this thread is never going to be a person to make fuck-all difference in the world, so stop deluding yourselves. Sitting on the internet telling people about your grand plans... go get off welfare instead you hippie communist. Stop visiting the conspiracy websites and stop downloading those self-help audiobooks. You're hopped up on that stuff to the point where it keeps you from going out to get a good job and get laid.

That's not completely true, haha.. I try to do my part at least, keep energy consumption low, I usually turn all of the lights off and just open blinds for some natural brightness, turn the PC off at night, etc. (Mainly because I'm a cheap bastard)

We'd all like to do something to help someone, naturally.. That includes helping yourself, all you really have to do is keep some space in your plan to make sure whatever the shit it is you're doing doesn't completely fuck everyone else over.

I always thought self-help books were a bit ironic too, buying a book to help you help yourself. :poly142:
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stop visiting the conspiracy websites and stop downloading those self-help audiobooks. You're hopped up on that stuff to the point where it keeps you from going out to get a good job and get laid.

lol can't believe i missed this. I must be going blind. hahaha are you being sarcastic?

edit: uggh.. must .. not .. respond.. will.. start a fight....

"the unexamined life is not worth living." -- what do you suppose this means? anything at all?
  • Gav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    Per, I think I love you.
  • Daaark
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] polycounter lvl 18
    I am not saying that all the games we make should be themed saving the world

Most of them are about that though anyway, aren't they?
  • arrangemonk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arrangemonk polycounter lvl 15
    simply lol
    that reminds me of a joke
    2 planets meet
    the one asks the other how hes feeling
    the other anserews hes in bad condition, he has homo sapiens
    the on says this too will pass
  • Rai