[WIP] Dosso - 3D journey

triangle
Offline / Send Message
Dosso triangle

(top image: lastest iteration of the project)

Hi there, this is my first post here and i'd like to share my progress for this new project :)

[WIP] SECIIIU-IV - Hardsurface project

I started this personal project in order to perfect my hardsurface skills on the low/high poly workflow (Sketch/Blockout/Modeling low & high/UVs/Baking/Texturing/Integration in UE). I'm learnig a lot along the way ! 
My goal is to create one big industrial machinery ensemble, and have multiple assemblies, staying the lowest in poly counting. I started to sketch ideas of structures and combinations. Then i started modeling a base on assets for the blockout part and see various possibilities. In order to achive such combinations i have done the modeling (high/low) and UVs part for almost 45 assets. I'm currently in the texturing part (in Substance Painter). I have created a Smart Material in SP with all my costum materials, few decals and normal details maps to project on my meshes.

I usually use Skechfab and Marmoset (4K maps) to check. All renders except ensembles one are made with IRAY right now.

I will post here all the finished assets as they come and i hope you'll like it ;)

Megastructure : SECIIIU-IV 
Manufacturer : ELDERON DYNAMICS

Modelign/UVs: 3dsMax Texturing/Baking: Substance Painter

All finished assets so far (around 39 to go). Marmoset renders (4k maps).

Here's some of sketches that i use as inspiration and reference for design:

Here are my real life inspirations for industrial machinery designs and materials:

For this project i created one big costum Smart Material with all my materials (painted metal, chromes, ect...). Also some big decals maps :smile:

I quickly did some blockout compositions with few assets (V1) and then did the modeling part (Low/high) and UVs for almost 45 assets:

Hook Base - Low poly textured in SP. Renders in IRAY (1x4k maps):

model

Angle Skin 1 & 2 - Low poly textured in SP. Renders in IRAY (1x4k maps)

Sketchfab model:

model

model

Back Attache - Low poly textured in SP. Renders in IRAY (1x4k maps):

Sketchfab model:

model

Mega Hook - Low poly textured in SP. Renders in IRAY (2x4k maps):

Sketchfab model:

model

Central Axe - Low poly textured in SP. Renders in IRAY (1x4k maps):

Sketchfab model:

model