Welcome to the Bi-Monthly Character Art Challenge!
UPDATE: Challenge will run until the end of December January
Previous Challenge Thread
How it works
- Each month, 3 Character Concepts will be provided
- You're free to approach any of the concepts however you like, as long as you stay true to the essence of the original concept.
- You have until the end of the deadline to complete any of the given concepts.
at least one critique per post. Being able to effectively receive, and
give constructive criticism is an invaluable skill as any type of
- There are no software restrictions; you're welcome to
use as little, or as many different software packages as you like.
However do try to make the final result game-ready
- Post your work in progress in the thread. You're welcome to cross post on different sites (Artstation, Facebook, etc.)
starting your character, break down the concept and plan your work
accordingly. Being able to effectively estimate how long it will take to
complete a project is an important skill, especially for freelance
- Your final presentation should be posed and rendered in any real time engine. (Marmoset, UE4, Cryengine, Unity, etc.)
be afraid to ask questions, but don't hesitate to find the answer on
your own - chances are, the answer to your problem has already been
answered within these forums
- We're all here to grow as artists. Learn as much as you can, and share what you've learned.
- If you feel anything should be modified or added to these guidelines, please let me know!
Please credit and link to the artists when posting on other sites!