I fail copying this Tutorial-Material-Network and getting the same results

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
SimonT polycounter lvl 11
Hi Friends!

I'm trying to copy this simple material network but I'm just not able to get the same results as this guy here in this video: 

BEFORE YOU ASK: This guy refuses to help by disabling the comment function below the video and having t his in its about: 

If any of this is useful to you then great however I dont respond to comments or offer help.

Here you can see, that he uses pretty simple cloud textures and by adding them, he get's this pretty strong contrast between black/white in his material (the left connection only direct to texture-panners).

My first problem is, that when I make such a texture like he explains () and add them, it looks like this (texture has SRGB set to true, if it's set to false, it's even brighter):

But it get's more weird. He then previews the 2nd ADD-Node and adds 0.5 which SHOULD make everything brighter (like I would expect it from ADD) but in his case the blacks stay black:

In my case it now looks like that:

The only way I could copy this effect was to extremely increase the contrast of the cloud textures and use MULTIPLY instead of ADD:

But even then: When I lader ADD 0.5 i get brightness everywhere and nothing stays black like in his example:

Does anyone has an Idea?  Do I miss a setting somewhere?

Replies