2D Terrain Platform Toolkit for Unity 5!

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Makkon interpolator
Some friends of mine have been working on a fantastic 2d terrain toolkit for Unity 5. Sam Sawyer and Michael Chugg as lead programmers, and myself as the artist.
[latest]
F5rzWZT.png

In a nutshell, with a specialized 2d tileset, these tools allow you to make complex terrain very similar to Rayman Legends.
Screen%20Shot%202015-06-24%20at%2010.19.27%20PM.png
PlatformMaterialEditor.PNG
grossAnim.gif

The toolkit gives you a lot of control over variables, including per-point thickness control
Platform_PointWarping.png
PlatformToolkit_withGizmos.PNG

There's a lot more features to come, including an entire lighting system what uses this same shape system to allow you to light large sections of scenes, or entire scenes, very quickly. No more tedious per-object lighting only!

For the 2d artists here, making the tilesheet is a little tough at first, but once you have the system down you can start pumping these out like crazy. Start with a 'block,' as everything else on the sheet is derived from it.
blocks.png

This block is already one section of your sheet.
rocks_tiledemo.png

When the tool is released, I will have a video tutorial on how I paint these whole sheets
Expect more updates later! Sam may come in and answer questions, and post updates with new features the tool has. Thanks for looking!

Replies