Home General Discussion

Joe Biden meets with game industry representatives. Your thoughts?

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
alexk polycounter lvl 12
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/11/biden-talks-video-game-violence-with-industry-representatives-to/

Thought I'd open up a discussion on this and rant a little bit. Personally, I think it's pretty dumb. I have this really cynical feeling that Joe Biden is not really there to listen to anyone. He's just there to look like he's making an effort to hear this side before he goes on and makes his own decision with whatever bills he's going to introduce.

I guess maybe I'm taking it a little personal because it's my industry and my entertainment that he's messing with. And I have no doubt that decisions made in America will have an impact me as a Canadian. I can remember as a kid, when Mortal Kombat first came out in the arcades, and the talk about video game violence came up then too. How they want to ban this and that, and even getting the Nintendo version to replace the blood with spit. Can it actually go as far as make studios replace blood in the same manner? My last 2 games was literally shooting guns and killing enemies.

What do you think will happen with this meeting? What positives do you think may come from this?

Replies