Home General Discussion

Assasin's Creed 2 black edition, I want you!

ericdigital
polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
ericdigital polycounter lvl 13
The Assassin's creed 2 black edition is dead sexy, which I'm sure everyone has seen. Us state side are limited to a normal version though. Was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to get something like that imported? I know play.com wont ship to U.S but perhaps there are services that might? I just much rather have a black capped Ezio on my desk :)

Never looked into importing anything before so I don't even know if its possible, my google searching didn't dig much up /shrug

Black Edition

10287867l.jpg

US Version

504x_AssassinsCreedIIPS3.jpg

Replies

• Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    What the fuck? Why don't we get this?

God damn it.
  • MALicivs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MALicivs polycounter lvl 15
    because. :poly124:
  • elementrix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    elementrix polycounter lvl 15
    muhahaha this will be mine in 2 months
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    I like the white one better.

Yeah, I said it.

What the fuck is up with only getting two bonus missions, though?
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    does he lose a finger in each new game?
    I'm looking forward to ass creed 10
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    actually, he gained a finger.

so ass creed 10 will still be something to see
  • carlo_c
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks cool, but for me personally I'd just like some sort of bundle which was the game and the art of <insert game here> book. Not those crappy DVD size art books either.

I'd probably buy that bundle every time I bought a game because I only really pick up the larger titles, due to my lack of money and all that lol.
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    What the fuck? Why don't we get this?

God damn it.

You don't deserve it!

Assasin's creed UHC edition. :-D
  • ericdigital
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I hear ya Carlo, much prefer the larger art books, Hell I still picked up WoTLK even though I don't play just for the full sized art book.

Having such separate collectors for different regions is so odd to me though, especially with them each having separate DLC. We get 2 maps while the PAL regions get extra missions, crazy ubisoft.
  • Ark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
    Art needs to be bigger. I was impressed with 'The Witchers' art book, good size and full of good content.

About the importing, maybe a fellow polycounter can send you one?
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    you could just buy the white one and paint it yourself.. from making a few collectors editions i know the final quality of the little man will be total shit anyway as it was painted by 5 year olds in china. i am sure someone with some artistic know how will do a much better job..
  • Seaseme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Seaseme polycounter lvl 8
    It's because Ubisoft has a superiority complex and think they need to do shit like this to make them feel better.
  • ericdigital
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ha arsh, you know you are probably right!
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    Well I guess it's because the UK gamers generally gets shafted, so this is to somehow make up for it.
  • vargatom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carlo_c wrote: »
    Looks cool, but for me personally I'd just like some sort of bundle which was the game and the art of <insert game here> book. Not those crappy DVD size art books either.

There definitely was an art book for the first game, we got it as reference, but I don't know if it was in a bundle or available separately... Decent sized book with lots and lots of stuff.

Edit: it was this one:
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Limited-Art-Book/dp/076155873X"]http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Limited-Art-Book/dp/076155873X[/ame]
  • .Murder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    humm .. i dunno, assassins 1 was like terrible imo dunno if ill bother getting 2
  • carlo_c
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    .Murder wrote: »
    humm .. i dunno, assassins 1 was like terrible imo dunno if ill bother getting 2

I wouldn't call it terrible, just really really really repetitive lol. Like they ran out of ideas after the first city but had to have three.

Cheers for the link too Vargatom!
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    As one of the few who enjoyed the first, I cant wait fo this one. I just hope theres a lot more difference between each mission.
  • mLichy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Damn, that's a cool little statue... I might have to get this.... I got the collectors of the first.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    I think they heard the complaints from AssCreed 1 and hopefully didn't repeat the past. Yeah, the horse riding was pointless, the cities felt the same, and the tasks were very similar, but I loved the game overall. The storyline was pretty good and the graphics were amazing. If you think of the work that had to go into that game too, you can't help but to be amazed.

I'm really looking forward to this one... which has the potential of leading to great disappointment too :/
  • Murdoc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Murdoc polycounter lvl 11
    My whole issue with the game aside from the repetativeness and horse riding was every time I was about to get into it and have fun they stopped me from playing and decided to talk about nothing I care about in the future. Really hope that is a lot less frequent.
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert polycounter lvl 15
    i'm more stoked about uncharted2 and mw2... assassins creed... meh... i just wanna know where the story goes and see the sweet environments, but the replay value is so low, i ain't sweatin' over purchasing this thing...
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    all of your opinions are wrong.

assassins creed is awesome and fun to play and makes food taste better.
  • danshewan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danshewan polycounter lvl 8
    I really enjoyed the first one, with the exception of how easy it is to evade capture during the chase sequences. Seriously, roof gardens? Like they wouldn't look in them. I'd have preferred a little more challenge getting away from the guards.

Other than that, the combat really stood out for me. Really fluid, once you got all your counter moves. I thought it was a pretty good game, all in all. I hope that the DaVinci gadget element doesn't come off as too gimmicky.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    .Murder wrote: »
    Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but I grew really tired of not being able to skip past cut scenes I had already seen. The beginning tutorial levels where brutal, I just wanted to play but it seemed that every 20-30 seconds control was ripped out of my hands. After the oppressive tutorials where over it got a little better but by then it was wash rinse repeat...

Can't they build an option into the game where the player is asked a question like "I bet this was pretty boring for you wasn't it, do you want me to shut up and go away?" and then the tutorials don't lead you around by the nose quite as much.

BUT was a beautiful game and at times a real joy to play.
  • HandSandwich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HandSandwich polycounter lvl 18
    Sectaurs wrote: »
    all of your opinions are wrong.

assassins creed is awesome and fun to play and makes food taste better.

Agreed. I'm completely looking forward to AC2.
  • Krynn72
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The US gets the Master Version, or something like that. Its pretty similar, its just missing a couple in game things I think.

The Assassin’s Creed II: The Master Assassin’s Edition GameStop Exclusive comes with:
    • 8.5 inch Collectible Ezio Statue
    • Artbook: The Art of Assassins Creed
    • Premium Collectible Metal Case
    • Two Exclusive, in-game maps:
      • Palazzo Medici
      • Santa Maria Dei Frari
    • Additional content DVD:
      • Behind the scenes of Assassin's Creed
      • Assassin's Creed II Soundtrack

Assassins-Creed-II-SE.jpg

Doesnt look as cool though.

EDIT: Oh, the images didnt load in the op for me, didnt see that he mentioned this already. I just saw "US just gets the normal version" which i assumed he meant just the game and no collectors stuff. Oh well, my post has the details :D
  • ericdigital
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, I have that photos of the black ed. and master ed. in the OP. It's just linked from EB games not sure why it didn't load for ya.

On another note I enjoyed assassin's creed. Granted I picked it up off steam for 10 bucks so that helped, I really enjoyed the whole fighting the crusaders and what have you towards the end of the game. It felt really cinematic. Can't say the rest of the game wasn't repetitive as hell though.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    UK gets the white edition too, chances are you lot out in the colonies will get the black edition but are waiting for Ubi to decide which retailer will get it
  • danshewan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danshewan polycounter lvl 8
    Can't say the rest of the game wasn't repetitive as hell though.

The one thing I thought that was going to scale as the game progressed was the number of reconnaissance missions required to assign the hit. I figured that if the early missions only needed three, the later missions would require six, but it never scaled and thus never felt that the targets increased in difficulty.

My favorite mission was the assault on the paranoid guy in the harborside castle, only because it offered so many routes to the target. Although I really enjoyed the game, I would have preferred a bit more tactical flexibility in terms of how to execute the missions.
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    I just don't like or care about limited editions. Waste of money, and adds to clutter.

Steam Rules. In fact I'm hoping digital downloads becomes the norm for consoles too.

I wasn't a fan of the first Assassins Creed, but the art is pretty good.
  • Cyrael
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cyrael polycounter lvl 10
    thought you guys might find this interesting

DRM and ubisoft again...
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    I enjoyed the first one, though I played it a few years too late and picked it up on Steam a few months ago. It seemed very achievement orientated and there was no pay off for collecting/finding hidden items.
    Here's hoping AC2 fixes that.
  • LoTekK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
    I like that in addition to the ridiculous DRM scheme, which is a complete no-go for me, considering the few times a day my internet connection drops out for a few minutes at a time, the bloody game is 60usd on steam.

Dear Ubisoft: blow me.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Whatever happened to the DRM that came with Splinter Cell Pandora Tommorow? I didn't even notice it, and apparently it went uncracked for over 150 days. Or, do what IW did and have it steam enabled. I have next to no internet connection, so this game is out for me.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    I just bought assassins creed1 for the pc today. I am actually really enjoying it so far. The only r4eason i did n't buy it when it came out was that I had heard it had boring gameplay.
    It's cool so far though
  • Snefer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snefer polycounter lvl 16
    LoTekK wrote: »
    I like that in addition to the ridiculous DRM scheme, which is a complete no-go for me, considering the few times a day my internet connection drops out for a few minutes at a time, the bloody game is 60usd on steam.

Dear Ubisoft: blow me.

It's not really ridiculous. 96% PC piracy is ridicolous. PC gaming is screwed because of piracy, and that is a fact no matter how you look at it. Atleast this DRM is non-invasive, lets you reinstall the game as many times you want, on every computer you want, keep your savegames and profiles online, etc.

"Dear Ubisoft: blow me" is that what you say when someone releases a game that have too high requirements for you?
  • Piflik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Piflik polycounter lvl 12
    Seriously...no DRM is unhackable...it is impossible...if you want customers to be able to play the game, you have to make the Data available to them, and then it is hackable. And harder to crack DRM doesn't reduce Piracy, because most pirates don't crack themselves, but get the cracked game from a torrent. Once the game is hacked, it is hacked for good...DRM only hurts the paying customer...

Here's an interesting read...this, too...
  • Snefer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Its not about if it can be cracked or not. If its not cracked within the first few weeks you have secured many sales. DRM is the wrong way to describe it, I think. And harder to crack DOES reduce piracy. World of warcraft, for example? :P I wouldnt say THAT has 90%+ piracy, right?
  • Piflik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There is this slight little difference that WoW is an online game...being online is not DRM, but part of the game...and you don't loose anything if your connection drops...in AC2 you are back to your last checkpoint.

These DRM are the wrong way to fight piracy. You don't treat your customers like criminals and live to tell about it...there are better ways to get people to buy your game...first make a good game without nasty DRM...give away some free DLC for registered games...

I bet AC2 will top Spore in regards of pirated copies...
  • LoTekK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snefer, DRM is one thing. Booting you out of a game because your connection drops for a few minutes is bullshit. Mind, I don't think it's a bad scheme per se, it's just a really bad idea right now. We're in an age where steady internet connections aren't a given. I have a 10Mbit connection at home, but I drop out every so often (some days I drop out every couple hours for a few minutes at a time).

Hell, even Dragon Age's scheme got the better of me every so often, and that only required your connection to be active when you loaded up a game from the main menu (my in-game status would show me as logged in, while the game would tell me I needed to be logged in in order to play).

As for securing sales, I'd argue that in some cases, you lose sales. I ain't buying it, that's for damned sure. That's likely to extend to the PS3 version as well.

Sad thing is, if it doesn't fly off the shelves, Ubi's just going to blame piracy, as they've done before (Assassin's Creed, which was released on PC well late, and with incredibly steep minspecs). If it does fly off the shelves because nobody knows any better, it justifies this ridiculous scheme in their eyes.

So yeah, as far as AC2 (and sadly, Settlers 7) are concerned, I stand by my words: blow me.
  • Snefer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Piflik, please enlighten us? Giving away DLC does not work, no, since they crack that aswell. And excuse me? but since when are you treated like a criminal? Pausing your game/autosaving or restarting at the latest checkpoint is how you treat criminals?

And I think I'm can gladly take that bet. :)

LoTekk: Piracy is bullshit. Not being able to make games for PC exclusively is bullshit. I can take being booted out to last checkpoint or being forced to pause the game for a few seconds, if it means PC gaming would live again :P As for blaming piracy..when you have 95%+ piracy, its kind of hard to overlook...
  • Swizzle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Swizzle polycounter lvl 15
    I have to agree with LoTekK here.

I had played through a good chunk of AC2 on my brother's PS3 and had decided to buy the game when it came out on PC. Now that I've heard about the DRM, I'm not going to be buying it. I have an extremely unreliable connection at home because I live outside of an urban area, so it'd make playing this impossible.

Even if I had a reliable connection at home, though, I still wouldn't buy it simply because that's an absolutely terrible way to do DRM and I don't want to support them.
  • LoTekK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    95%+? Really? Sounds like you're drinking the same kool-aid as upper management there.
  • Piflik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I know piracy is a problem for PC games...but these DRM is still only punishing the paying customer...pirates don't have to activate their game or have a constant internet connection running...I can live with a disc check...but everything else doesn't work for me...having to install invasive software or having a internet connection to play a singleplayer game...these are deal-breakers for me...I don't buy such games. I don't pirate them either, I just don't play them (I don't even have any internet connection on my gaming PC...)...I am glad my PS3 is (as of yet...) free of these shenanigans.

There are Millions of $ poured into DRM development...use these to make better games instead...it won't prevent pirates to pirate the game, but it will prevent paying customers to become pirates...if I wanted to play AC2 on a PC, I would have to get a pirated copy, even if I bought it...I bet 60% of the people who pirated Spore wouldn't have done it, if the DRM wasn't that ugly...true...now this kind of DRM is state of the art, but that still doesn't mean it is good...I bet if Ubisoft took a step back from the current DRM to one time online activation, the people who complained about online activation will take it as a step forward...

I don't want to imagine what DRM will be developed in the future...maybe a software that uses a webcam to determine if you have the original game package on your desk (will be hacked) or even better...send the webcam pictures to a staff member who has to press a button to unlock your game (will be hacked)...or a USB Dongle (will be hacked)...

There is absolutely no way to prevent piracy on PC, short of not developing a game for PC...you can't even reduce the number of pirates...pirates will continue to pirate, no matter the DRM...but you can prevent the number of pirates to rise (or at least slow it down...) by making good games and trusting your customers.
  • Snefer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    "but you can prevent the number of pirates to rise (or at least slow it down...) by making good games and trusting your customers." Uuuhm, yeah, that have worked out just GREAT for those who tried it sofar... anyway, I'm not discussing this anymore here, wrong thread ^^
  • nrek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nrek polycounter lvl 14
    I am surprised by some of the overwhelming negativity in here. I mean sure a DRM may suck, but to completely refuse to support them because of it? That seems ridiculous, especially when you consider most of the people who work on the game (fellow artists) do not control the implementation of DRMs. So really by not supporting them for such a trivial reason you are just potentially hurting a fellow artist, maybe even a fellow polycounter o.O
  • Piflik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What? Artists are paid by the Developer Studio...the Developer is paid by the Publisher and the Publisher gets my money, if I buy a game...I don't think that hurting the Publisher hurts the artist...they have been paid already, when the game hits the market...in fact...if the Publisher would give the money, they would spend on DRM development, to the Developer Studio instead, this would help the artists...
  • Snefer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And if people dont buy the games, the studio wont get the chance to make another game. I agree with nrek. Also, have you any idea what the cost of developing this DRM is? and the cost of developing an AAA-game like Assassins creed 2? The development cost of the DRM is nothing in comparison, so.. no.
  • Piflik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It is not only the cost of developing the DRM...there are also ongoing costs (taken from the Escapist article I linked to)

Think of all the millions of dollars that have been spent developing and licensing increasingly convoluted forms of DRM. Then add the money spent providing support to irate customers when the DRM fails and locks them out of the game they just bought. Also add in the ongoing cost of running activation servers, their hardware, bandwidth, and support staff. Then add the money publishers lost when people decided not to buy the game because of the DRM. That's a pretty big pile of cash and a lot of unhappy gamers. And for what? Games appear on the torrents on day one regardless.