Home General Discussion

tv obsessions

Ruz
polycount lvl 666
Offline / Send Message
Ruz polycount lvl 666
I am pretty much into columbo episodes right now. don't ask me why. When I was young my parents watched it and I though it was boring, but now I just love it. watching 'Murder by the book' right now. It stars that bloke from the clint eastwood film where clint leaves him to die in the desert

anyone else have this

Replies

• Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    The Wire. The Office (US) too. Trying not to start season 4 of the Wire...will get hooked again :D
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert polycounter lvl 15
    columbo's got one eye... that makes him awesome
    i used to watch some religiously... the oddest one was the original Fugitive series that came on AMC (i think) at 5pm everyday. that was a great show. i was addicted to heroes until last season, so hopefully i'll become an addict again soon.
    oh the office, both versions... wicked great as well as EXTRAS, but he stopped making that one too... it was a hilarious short series
  • skylebones
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skylebones polycounter lvl 10
    The Wire. The Office (US) too. Trying not to start season 4 of the Wire...will get hooked again :D

I totally love the wire. By far my favorite show ever. Though it has ruined crime shows for me. Now the other shows like CSI, bones, etc. seem so cheesy in comparison. I love that the wire tries to stay pretty realistic when it comes to the actual detective work.

Right now I'm hooked on Sons of Anarchy
  • Ark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
    Was into Prison Break, but then it suddenly disappeared off the tele.
  • Delerium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some recent favorite shows:
    Breaking Bad
    The Wire
    The Office
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Mad Men
    King Of The Hill (Cartoon)
    The Goode Family (Cartoon)
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    Ark wrote: »
    Was into Prison Break, but then it suddenly disappeared off the tele.

moved to sky and finished earlier this year
  • Axios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Axios polycounter lvl 10
    Always Sunny in Philadelphia is big for me, new season starts next week
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    true blood.. but its turned pretty pants of late..
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    staying away from "the wire" here to not get hooked again.

also, the spiral series (engrenages) i found cool and something quite different for a crime investigation series - i doubt you can see someone eating his own shit in CSI? ;)
  • glynnsmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glynnsmith polycounter lvl 17
    The Wire
    Deadwood
    Sopranos
    The Shield
    Trailer Park Boys

Don't watch any of the above, because you will be FORCED to watch atleast 4 episodes at a time and your life will disappear.
  • Gav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    Deadwood (best show ever made.)
    Dexter
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Big Love

..always got Seinfeld in rotation, would really like tho check out the Wire.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    call me sad , but me and the wife watch medium every friday
  • Frump
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frump polycounter lvl 12
    I watch so many currently running shows I wouldn't dare to list them... Those are only weekly though, or off-season.

What I'm watching consistently right now is Star Trek TNG.

I like to watch really long series while I work. I watched 9 seasons of the X-files in only a couple months as I would sit and work for hours at a time with it running beside me. I dunno, I feel like I am being more productive watching tv shows and getting work done. I can work for longer stretches doing both at once. Maybe I'm just weird. Buffy got me through a couple of models too. :)
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    I recently watched thru seasons 1 thru 7 (all on Netflix instant play) of Law and Order: SVU. 22 episodes per season.... pretty sad I watched that much, but it was so easy to be like 'oh just one more episode' before goin to sleep.

I love Rescue Me, they just ended the season with a huge cliffhanger, who knows when the new season will be...
  • Murdoc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Murdoc polycounter lvl 11
    skylebones wrote: »
    I totally love the wire. By far my favorite show ever. Though it has ruined crime shows for me. Now the other shows like CSI, bones, etc. seem so cheesy in comparison. I love that the wire tries to stay pretty realistic when it comes to the actual detective work.

Right now I'm hooked on Sons of Anarchy

Lol,

Totally, last boxing day amazon had this amazing deal on the box set of all the wire, I bought like 4 of them to give out to people.

And yeah stuff I could kind of laugh at before like CSI is just cringe worthy now.

Edit: @frump: Have you see those re-edits of TNG on Youtube? It was probably one of the best things I've seen in a long time, they are pretty masterful.
  • mikezoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mikezoo polycounter lvl 14
    glynnsmith wrote: »
    because you will be FORCED to watch atleast 4 episodes at a time and your life will disappear.

arggg! a little over a month ago it happened to me! I started watching Lost and now iam totally sucked in. I just finished season three, and I don't believe that iam going to be starting season 4 anytime soon. theres too much to do!
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    I suppose its the watching back to back episodes that is fun. I just love the way columbo, no matter what the murderer says to him, he always handles it the same way.
    He is the little guy, who makes good. can't get enough of it.

never really got in to lost, they seem to just keep on spinning it out for the sake of it.
    The wire is pretty good though, pretty gritty drama
  • pangarang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pangarang polycounter lvl 11
    mikezoo wrote: »
    arggg! a little over a month ago it happened to me! I started watching Lost and now iam totally sucked in. I just finished season three, and I don't believe that iam going to be starting season 4 anytime soon. theres too much to do!

I just finished season 3 last night. If each story element in Lost was a drug, then the series would be a cocktail. Like while trying to quit heroin, they suddenly introduce crack - while smoking cigarettes the whole time.

However unlike you, I don't have the kind of strength to resist the power of Lost. C'mon after the closing scene of the last episode?? How can you NOT want to find out what happens?!?!
  • danshewan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danshewan polycounter lvl 8
    Me and the wife are counting the days until the final season of Lost is on - after a shaky season 4, I think they got back on track with season 5.

Also, is anyone else pissed that Invasion got canceled? Yeah, it was years ago, but it was a cracking show and deserved at least a second season. They left it on such a cliffhanger, too, which didn't help.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    I watch too much TV. I won't list all the shows I watch, just the ones currently airing new eps

- The Colony
    - Mad Men
    - LA Ink
    - Top Chef
    - Dark Blue
    - Police woman of Broward County
    - True Blood
    - Attack of the Show
  • Peris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Peris polycounter lvl 17
    tv is a waste of time!
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    I disagree with The Wire. I'm halfway through s5, and am just forcing myself to finish it off. It's been a struggle, but I've stuck with it just because of all the hype.

Lately I've been spending all my TV time on the Satellite of Love watching bad old movies.
  • Psyk0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Psyk0 polycounter lvl 18
    Dexter
    Californication
    Curb your enthusiasm
    ...and of course Aqua teen hunger force!
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Peris wrote: »
    tv is a waste of time!

So are games?
    I hope that was sarcasm! :P

It's entertainment, like, you know, our INDUSTRY. ;)
  • NyneDown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NyneDown polycounter lvl 11
    It's not just limited to TV, but I'm obsessed with football. I watch it on the tube all the time, go to games in person, read articles about it online....just the other day when I was doing the dirty dirty with my woman, I was thinking about my fantasy football team...wtF is wrong with me!
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    ...the only new show I've been watching lately is "United States of Tara".
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    It must be nice to live in a country where it's actually worth while having a TV aerial.
  • frostymoose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    frostymoose polycounter lvl 17
    Watching:
    Venture Bros.
    Robot Chicken
    Hung
    Mad Men

Waiting for more:
    Dexter
    Damages