Home Technical Talk

3DS Max Hotkeys don't work

I assigned "Quick Planar Map" in the Unwrap UVW category to S but when I press S it just Snaps Toggle in the main bar so I went into the main menu and turned the hotkey off for that button but the QPM button still doesn't work. Apart from assigning the hotkey, what else do I have to do?

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You probably do not have Keyboard Shortcut Override turned on. With it on, the sub-menu shortcuts, override the main shortcuts.

In 2009 and lower the toolbar button looks like this: but_keyboard_shortcut_override_toggle.gif

In 2010 it looks like a key with an arrow on it.

Either turn on KSO or it might possibly work if you unbind the other shortcuts that are set to S. Some shortcuts are hard coded into 3dsmax so you might have to change your shortcut to something else that can be overwritten or possibly isn't chosen yet.
  • crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    I think it might be context sensitive in that you may have to have a UVunwrap modifier up that have verts, edges, or faces selected, so that it's highlighted in yellow. Kinda like control +E only brings up the unwrap box when that modifier is up and ready. If i had max up i'd research this better but i really gotta sleep!
  • prasoc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vig, it worked a treat. Thanks a bunch :D