Home General Discussion

happy thread!! :D

fuck, i'm feeling down.

what makes people happy that is NOT game art?

I love to cook.
there's nothing like preparing food and watching your friends and family eat. Instant gratification. Often times I don't even eat what I'm cooking because I let them eat first and would rather give them seconds before I eat. Sadly, I haven't cooked in a good 2 years; Thanksgiving aside.

I love my family.
There's nothing like getting together with my family. We don't see each other very often, but when we do, it's always amazing. Lots of laughs, hugs, jokes, and good times.

I love my cat.
I talk to her so much. She loves to be near me and I wouldn't have it any other way. When I see her I'm reminded of an innocence that I wish I had. A point where you're just content to be a live and nothing else matters.

Replies

• IEatApples
    I like to get a beer from the fridge, with an empty house, and sit and watch Roadwars (British cop program) for hours lol. Nothing puts a smile to your face like watching neds get beaten on.

Enjoy just sitting chattin to my flatmates when all of us are bored at uni.
  • bounchfx
    hanging out with friends that aren't fucking debby downers

and music music music music music almost always cheers me the hell up fast
  • Canden Picard
    Talking to God, thinking about good times. Hydrocodone.
  • brandoom
    Offline / Send Message
    brandoom polycounter lvl 13
    Getting away from the computer and hanging out with friends is always fun. Any kind of sport or physical activity. Sleeping***
  • Ferg
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
  • Luxury
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    falling asleep.
    sex.
    falling asleep after sex.
  • fmnoor
    Offline / Send Message
    fmnoor polycounter lvl 17
    Redbull

and food num num num.

I'm also starting to enjoy the gym now
  • Kevin Albers
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Albers polycounter lvl 18
    Making music. Enjoying some of the beauty in the world, such as watching a lovely sunset or hanging out in a cool park or some such.
  • Paul Pepera
    Offline / Send Message
    Paul Pepera polycounter lvl 9
    Finding a box from Amazon.com in your mail box coming home from work, knowing there is a bad ass art book inside.
  • crazyfingers
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    Beating the every living f*ck out of the kids. JK (figured i'd get the obligatory asshole comment out of the way for this kind of thread)

Seriously though, excersize. The more life's down the less you want to do it, but you never, ever regret it. Do some pushups, situps, curls that kind of stuff. Then buy a back of smokes and some beer to even things out. Going to the beach really late at night or some other desolate natural place is really nice on occasion too, and then setting something on fire of course.
  • Thegodzero
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    skankerzero, what you just said! Well other than my cat is a he not a she. and i cook all the time, just not epic style like i think you were talking about.

Spending time with my wife.

Reading/collecting comics.
  • achmedthesnake
    Offline / Send Message
    achmedthesnake polycounter lvl 17
    a good cup of english brekkie tea, some la Roux blasting over radio, reading the latest Mignola comics, community sports w/randoms every lunchtime and hanging with friends and family...........

and gettn drunk.
  • Swizzle
    Offline / Send Message
    Swizzle polycounter lvl 15
    Looking at cleavage.
  • Jesse Moody
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    My family, playing video games, sculpting, painting, getting a new collectible i have been waiting for from Sideshow or Gentle Giant. So many things.
  • rolfness
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    Swizzle wrote: »
    Looking at cleavage.

+1

Feeling Cleavage..
  • skylebones
    Offline / Send Message
    skylebones polycounter lvl 10
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    Finding a box from Amazon.com in your mail box coming home from work, knowing there is a bad ass art book inside.

This one is great! I've got a couple of art books on their way right now and it always makes me happy to find them on the door step.

Another one would be seeing my son. He was born 2 months ago and I still can't believe he's mine.

oh, and cleavage.
  • ZacD
    Online / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    9 hours of art classes in a row at my community college... wait... just kidding, 9 hours of art is like 9 days of stabbing your self in the eyes with dull pencils while listening to Bono being his douchey self.
  • rolfness
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    heh just wait till you get a job and you do really shitty work for 9 hours.. art class.. haha
  • JacqueChoi
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    Love to Cook, Workout, and play guitar.

Aside from that stuff, I really enjoy the definative Montreal lifestyle:

Beer on a terrace in the summer with a few friends (Any night of the week).

There's a few really cool clubs near my place. Usually Lots of fun (but a lotta the girls are drrrty). I'm kitty corner to the McGill newrez so it's sometimes tricky to avoid the "WOO" girls at these places.

Tam Tams: Every sunday at the park next to my apartment, about 10,000 percussionists come out to just play their drums all day. Lots of hippies come out and do their hippy dance, lots of wacky tabbaccy is smoked, and for some reason there's jugglers, cirque du soleil try-out artists practicing, and some kind of midevial re-enactment battle.

There's some cool Shisha places we hit up every once in a while.
  • Noia
    Offline / Send Message
    Noia polycounter lvl 13
    Cupcakes. Any yummy food really.
    My pug being stupidly entertaining.
    Video games and seeing awesome movies when I can.
  • ZacD
    Online / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    We'll 3 hours of sculpting, 3 hours of painting, 3 hours of drawing, +1 hour lunch.
    sculpting would be okay if it was demos for half the class (like it is now). Painting is basically speed painting, we got 2 days to do most paintings, and drawing is more like composition and art styles.
  • D4V1DC
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    Exercising/Working out does wonders, Getting out of the house, Sex, go out to Movies, Dinner, Sex, Sleep, Morning sex, yea I am a machine! lol.

Laughing at yourself sometimes and not taking yourself too seriously... babies if your family has any new borns and you can make them smile or they just smile to see you should fix you right up, does for me.

Occupying your brain from thinking or slumping into a depressive state and if you feel like that's starting up, watch a stand up comedian or funny as movie.

http://www.funnyordie.com/
    I recommend the Landlord if you haven't already seen this site.

Spending some money, if you can spare it, doing something nice for someone else, like giving money or a job position at your company :).
    *cough* I am taking all donations by e-mail :) for those interested, I also wouldn't mind a job .hint.hint.
  • Jasp
    Offline / Send Message
    Jasp polycounter lvl 12
    right now ?
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX7E7mWermE]whiskey + This[/ame]

but generally it's nothin special i guess:
    Getting together with the family, especially on christmas, food, wine, stupid presents, woodfire...

Cuddling (yeah, i know it's not manly to say "cuddling", well, fuck you!)

recently i found wandering in the streets with my camera being the most peaceful, gratifying thing to do, the streets of montreal seem so exotic to me (i'm french i might say) that it's always a pleasure to just walk and shoot at random.

cooking too! i'm not a cook, not at all, but i actually understand what skankerzero said about the gratification of seeing people eat shamelessly what took you hours to prepare :)
  • Marine
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    other peoples misery
  • neolith
    Offline / Send Message
    neolith polycounter lvl 18
    what makes people happy that is NOT game art?
    The smell of pancakes.
  • poopinmymouth
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Like you skank, I love to cook, especially for friends. Here is some of my latest pastries:

3811631593_94198842c5.jpg

3826403994_784b87f4d9.jpg

*shhh* these have balls of raw cookie dough inside

3742871882_902064c872.jpg

I like to bicycle outside, taking photographs, and going out dancing, all make me happy. Vacation as well! So glad the EU labor laws dictate 25 vacation days a year, instead of the 10 of the US.
  • Japhir
    Offline / Send Message
    Japhir polycounter lvl 16
    walking to rome.
  • Steviant
    Music. Making it or listening to it. When you hear something that sends shivers down your spine, thats an amazing feeling. It's even better when it's something that you wrote.

My girlfriend, and everything about her.

A cold beer outside on a hot day, next to a river, with friends.

Birthdays. A good book.
  • Ged
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    haha nice thread happy things for me = friends, playing guitar, making art makes me happy - just getting lost in fun ideas and being happy that youve done something productive afterwards. nature too, I love just getting outside and especially being in the mountains hiking or something.

poop nice pastry ha, you could rename that top pastry a "curly poop"? :D is it some kind of cinnamon danish?
  • Rens
    whisky and beers,
    tv shows and movies, might be some ive seen before but i know will make me smile for a while
    good music, might be extreemly heavy where i can scream and shout to get some out and move over to 70s and get me groove on

i like to take a walk or ride my bicycle for a bit
  • Wendy de Boer
    Offline / Send Message
    Wendy de Boer interpolator
    I love to do crochet! Makes me go squee. :)

Happy overdose in blinding colors ahead! :poly142:

Wayuki_linguine_dollydolls.jpg
    Wayuki_cheeky_chickies.jpg
    Wayuki_kitten.jpg
  • Mark Dygert
    Going for a walk/run.

Gathering up the family, watching a movie or some TV.

Just losing myself in my daughters world. There is so much you can do with a blanket.

Going for a walk around the block is amazing, even better when we hit up some of her favorite spots. The long to-do list and clock evaporate, best feeling in the world.

Uncluttered Saturdays where the only thing on the schedule is, enjoy the sun and maybe take a nap and possibly get some coffee or Jamba Juice. When they ask "whatca doing today?" if I can say "this is it" its a awesome day.
  • Elhrrah
    Offline / Send Message
    Elhrrah polycounter lvl 8
    Getting lost on a bicycle. There is something thoroughly enjoyable about getting twenty miles or so out on some dirt road, and then realizing that you have no bloody clue where you are.

Bashing around in Apophysis while listening to some Groove Salad is another one; cerebral release.
  • Blaizer
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    Demon Princess, love that "work" of yours ^^

Check this out: http://www.nendoroid.jp/products/nendo.html

3_2009Aug25105708_2635.jpg

2009Jun24153016_2509.jpg

I love to have toys around my work space like bionicles, figures and those small toys.

in my case, i read manga, i watch anime, and of course, i play games (mmos) or i draw, pencil + paper is the thing i like the most haha.

I also ride my mountain bike and i spent hours riding around paths in the mountains with my bro or some friends, etc. Playing football with friends is something very common here and there isn't anything better than to burn calories and energy ^^. All the day sitted in front of a computer is very bad.
  • Swizzle
    Offline / Send Message
    You know, when I posted about looking at cleavage, I'd completely forgotten what my avatar was. I guess I like it even more than I thought.
  • moose
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    snowboarding, & or being outside on the mountains
    skating the ramp, or longboarding around town
    music
    my woman
  • MattQ86
  • Mezz
    Offline / Send Message
    Mezz polycounter lvl 8
    MattQ86 wrote: »

I actually read through this whole article, very interesting, and maybe a little depressing, but mostly awesome :P

And Demon Princess, those are too awesome for words, and indeed, make me happy to even just look at :D

As for me, baking. I love baking--not so much cooking, not sure why they seem so different--but something about mixing the ingredients, getting it all ready while listening to may favourite music, licking the batter, and then serving it to people who are excited and happy to eat freshly-baked goods, which they compliment you on greatly--something about that really makes me happy :D

And stupidly cute animal videos on YouTube. But let's not go there :P
  • Swizzle
    Offline / Send Message
    You know what I realized I fucking love today? Cute artist chicks. They're all so nerdy and weird and shit. Awesome.
  • Vrav
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav polycounter lvl 11
    I don't know if it makes me happy so much as it clears my head, but meditation. I like to go sit in the woods, especially: regarding things without judgment, a quieting of thought. My favourite is to lie on my back (on the ground) and look up at the trees and sky.

Who doesn't love cute artist chicks, swizzle. I love you, swizzle, you're so awesome.
  • Swizzle
    Offline / Send Message
    Aw, shucks.

I suppose if I were a cute artist chick I might be slightly more flattered. Unfortunately, I'm a slightly pudgy... er, I mean, I'm a chiseled, rock-hard Adonis artistic genius.

Yeah.

Yeah...
  • Wendy de Boer
    Offline / Send Message
    Wendy de Boer interpolator
    @ Blaizer & Mezz: Glad you like! That makes me happy, lol. :)
  • ashleyjukes
    Aww, DemonPrincess those are soo cute! I want one! I crochet too, but I can't do it very well.
  • Wendy de Boer
  • John Warner
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    a while ago, i got the best feeling that i could possibly think of -- achieving enlightenment -- associated with diging up negative things about myself. In other words, the thing that i want in my life, more than anything else, is linked to each time i find something negative about myself.. because each negative thing means that i'm changing and growing, and am that closer towards enlightenment.

with each shitty feeling, the better i feel. In fact, the worse the thing is about myself that i find, the more motivated i am to explore it, and the better i feel.

This thing about wanting to avoid pain and be happy all the time...

it's bullshit.
  • ashleyjukes
    Thanks DemonPrincess! I will try those out!
  • TheMadArtist
    Offline / Send Message
    TheMadArtist polycounter lvl 12
    Playing pool. I play on two different BCA leagues here in town, and the pool hall I frequent is 2 minutes away. Its a great release after a long day. I know pretty much everyone thats up there, as we're all poolhall junkies, so there's always good times to be had. Pretty much all of my friends outside of work I've met from league. And there's nothing better than when you're totally in stroke and the cue ball does everything you want it to. That makes me happy.
  • Gav
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    Being with my wife/girlfriend/life partner - She's amazing.

Hanging out with my fat cat - also, amazing...as far as cat's go.

Smoking and Drinking - Seriously, I really enjoy the act of smoking, mostly my hookah down at the beach or out on my balcony or having a cigar with a friend. I also enjoy alcohol, not necessarily getting drunk but making drinks for friends (sort of like the cooking comments above), trying new things and generally just hanging out over a pint. I guess both of these things play a big role in my social life and are usually associated with hanging around friends and having a good time.

Playing with my drums! Nothing helps you unwind more than letting out your frustrations on a drum kit..am I good? Not at all...but it's super fun.
  • aesir
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    I just got back from my lunch break a bit ago. Went for a walk on the beach. I dunno if it was topless sunbathing day or what, but the bewbs made me joyous. BEWBS DUUDES. THE MAKE ME HAPPY.
  • TWilson
    Offline / Send Message
    TWilson polycounter lvl 18
    learning
    leaving work
    sleeping
    boobs
    achieving a goal