Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Gnisis Concept

So I doodled this design on an index card yesterday and made a posed 3d mockup of it zbrush today. I'm thinking of doing an under 2k tri model of it and wanted to share this with the polycount community for some feedback and whatnot.

conceptsketch1.jpg

I'm thinking some boney growths around it's claws would look cool. I'm aiming for this thing to give a godzilla like impression of scale so I might model an environment around it to help push the idea.

Anyways, tell me what you guys think.

Replies

• slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    i like the concept. think the forearms could use some work though. make it thinner near the wrists. think popeye. right now they just seem to uniform.

lookin forward to seeing more of this guy
  • crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    I like it, especially the composition of the teeth and eyeballs. Kinda scary but endearing at the same time. Reminds me of chunk from the goonies :D.

Crits: I think the mid section arms can go, seem a little forced. The lower legs Definitely need to be meatier, especially if you're going for a large scale. you might think about enlarging the tail to make it look like it supports his massive weight, much like godzilla's did ;).

I really dig the facial features, i'd try to capture more of those in the rest of the body.
  • GugloPWN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kinda scary but endearing at the same time.

Ha! I can see what you mean. I was too distracted by the arms to notice the face though. Maybe giving him more defined wrists would help the balance.
  • andersh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    andersh polycounter lvl 10
    Not seeing the bone structure around the feet either (ankle and whatnot). Same goes for the knees - need subtler bony landmarks and pay attention to the way the ligaments and muscles wrap around the back of the knee and the patella.

Also it looks like you may have abused some zbrush alpha stencils on the arms. Always a good idea to stay away from those - they are too recognizable.
  • DoomiVox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i actually made those alphas.