Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Aqua Globs - my iPhone game

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
vladino polycounter lvl 15
Hi Guys!

Haven't been around for a while as I was busy making my iPhone game :) It's finished now and I would like to share it with you. All the graphics are done by me.

You can see more on the game website http://www.qwiboo.com/aquaglobs/

final01.jpg

final04.jpg

final06.jpg

Replies

• P442
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    P442 polycounter lvl 8
    hey, that actually looks pretty fun
  • vladino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    P442 wrote: »
    hey, that actually looks pretty fun

Thanks mate ;)

The goal was to make simple but addictive game which you can play during your commute home on a train or so.

Would be nice to hear some opinions from people that bought the game, also about the graphics. I'm mainly 3D oriented so there must be loads of things that can be pushed further in my 2D creation :)

What do you think?

If somebody wants to use it as concept to make 3d low-poly model of the globs feel free! :) I'll have a go as well and post here then.
  • LoTekK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
    Sweet, this looks like a doped up twist on Flight Control. :D
  • Pseudo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pseudo polycounter lvl 18
    This looks awesome Vladino!

I think you have a lot of potential with this one as long as you can get some momentum going.
    People LOVE flight control and I think they will be all over this if it's fun. I'll check it out after work.
  • vladino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pseudo wrote: »
    This looks awesome Vladino!

I think you have a lot of potential with this one as long as you can get some momentum going.
    People LOVE flight control and I think they will be all over this if it's fun. I'll check it out after work.

Thanks mate! Hope you will enjoy the game ;)
  • FAT_CAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FAT_CAP polycounter lvl 18
    This looks great!

Did you program the whole thing by yourself? I would love to get into producing the artwork for a small Iphone game in my spare time but definately don't ahve the programming know-how to write the whole thing myself.

Is there some sort of programming community, like Polycount, where programmers are looking for artists to help out on this sort of project (IPhone specifically as anything bigger that I have looked at joining (XBLA, PC based) has never materialised)
  • vladino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FAT_CAP wrote: »
    This looks great!

Did you program the whole thing by yourself? I would love to get into producing the artwork for a small Iphone game in my spare time but definately don't ahve the programming know-how to write the whole thing myself.

Is there some sort of programming community, like Polycount, where programmers are looking for artists to help out on this sort of project (IPhone specifically as anything bigger that I have looked at joining (XBLA, PC based) has never materialised)

Yap, I did all the programming. The iPhone programming comunity is just one year old comapred to ones like 3D so the sites are forums are half empty and hlaf full of kids ;) I think the biggest ones are http://www.idevgames.com/forum/ and http://www.iphonedevsdk.com/. Try looking around there.

I'm already working on another game and will need some good artwork!
  • kwakkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kwakkie polycounter lvl 12
    Wow, congratulations on finishing it, looks like a fun game! Really cool that you got the line drawing stuff working!

Im also working on an iPhone game in my spare time(who isnt these days?), let me know if you need some art in exchange for some sample code :poly128:
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    Looks cute and stylish! :)
    I will check it out.
  • AnimeAngel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks great man! Wish I had an iPhone lol

Wanted to ask though,; I have been toying with a couple ideas for some simple iPhone games. I was wondering how long this took you and what some of your pitfalls were along the way? Was it hard to learn the iPhone programming stuff or did you already have a handle on that before you started?
  • vladino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys! Thanks a lot for your kind words, made my day! ;)

@kwakkie: love the small characters scattered round your website! :) I'll definitely take you up on that offer! Will pm you. If you need some help with programming just ask ;)

@Davision3D: Thanks, glad you enjoying it! Now try beating my score! :D

@AnimeAngel: Sorry to her you don;t have iPhone, I;m sure your friends have on tho, so send them the link please ;) This game took me 5 weeks to do, but I was toying with iPhone programming for one year now so hard to tell how long it would be from scratch. I'm also programming in different languages for last 15 years, so I can pick up new one quite easily. Anyway, if you have great idea just go for it! I was dreaming about making computer games since my childhood and now at age of 28 I finally finished my first one :D

I'll keep you updated on the graphical side of this project. Feel free to ask if you have any questions!
  • Pseudo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pseudo polycounter lvl 18
    Congrats on the front page post at TouchArcade!

Good to see a solid game getting due recognition!
  • vladino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pseudo wrote: »
    Congrats on the front page post at TouchArcade!

Good to see a solid game getting due recognition!

Thanks mate! Things are slowly starting to move.. we had amazing response from the people so it's a huge motivation now to push the game to the top ;)
  • TWilson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TWilson polycounter lvl 18
    Congrats on your feature this week vladino!
  • vladino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TWilson wrote: »
    Congrats on your feature this week vladino!

Thanks a lot Tyler! Looks like the feature is the thing my game was missing. See you in the top charts ;)
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Congrats Man! Looks Like a really cool game.
  • joe gracey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    joe gracey polycounter lvl 11
    Which engine did you use if you don't mind me asking?
  • vladino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Congrats Man! Looks Like a really cool game.

Thanks mate!
    joe gracey wrote: »
    Which engine did you use if you don't mind me asking?

I programed everything from scratch myself. I have university degree in computer science and computer graphics ;)
  • joe gracey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    joe gracey polycounter lvl 11
    Sometimes I wish I was a programmer. :)
  • z3phon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    z3phon polycounter lvl 12
    joe gracey wrote: »
    Sometimes I wish I was a programmer. :)
    Me too.
    Congrats, looks like a really fun game. Keep it up. :thumbup:
  • vladino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    z3phon wrote: »
    Me too.
    Congrats, looks like a really fun game. Keep it up. :thumbup:

Thanks a lot! MAking graphics is much more fun than programing tho :D Haven't had time to touch 3D for few months now and I'm really missing it. Next game will definitely have some 3D elements! :)
  • vladino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just to let you know that update 2.0 is out with new levels, globs and stuff ;) The graphics was completely remade..

You can see more on the blog.. www.qwiboo.com/aquaglobs/blog
    ..some screens, all made by me..
    ag_20_01.png

ag_20_02.png