Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

iPhone game approved!

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
TWilson polycounter lvl 18
Our game Moto X Mayhem has been approved this morning and is in the store! It took two weeks in review and is finally out! Hope it's cool pimping this here. It's what I've been doing after work for the past 3 months. Our web site with a temp video is at MotoXMayhem.com.

Here are a couple screens we're using:
mxmayhem_screen08.jpg
mxmayhem_screen09.jpg
mxmayhem_screen10.jpg
mxmayhem_screen11.jpg

:D

Replies

• warby
    Offline / Send Message
    warby polycounter lvl 18
    congratulations i think the iphone will lend itself great to a games like these so i hope you will have huge commercial success :) !

but the graphics could have easily been more "feelgoody" with more saturation :D
  • Talbot
    Next time I get an itunes giftcard I'll be sure to get this!

Congrats on the game!
  • Quokimbo
    Nice! I still need a new ipod...
  • killingpeople
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    I hope you aren't offended by this, but the character & motorcycle look like bad 90's vector clip-art. No shading, poor colorization, etc.
    Congratulations on a completed & successfully released product though!
  • MoP
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Aahaha, I used to love Action Supercross (Elasto Mania), maybe I'll pick this up for my Touch! :D
    This is basically just a remake of Action Supercross, yeah? Looks an awful lot like it from the screenshots anyway.
  • TWilson
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys! I definitely wasn't going for realism with the art. It's just made to be fun colorful and feel good :)

MoP it's definitely influenced by the other side scrollers. Mostly the recent flash ones that were popular over the last few years though. We tried to get the same feel as them too.
  • Filbot
    Offline / Send Message
    Filbot polycounter lvl 12
    MoP wrote: »
    Aahaha, I used to love Action Supercross (Elasto Mania), maybe I'll pick this up for my Touch! :D
    This is basically just a remake of Action Supercross, yeah? Looks an awful lot like it from the screenshots anyway.

Elasto Mania! was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the screens. If it is a remake I will have to pick this up for my ipod.
  • mortalhuman
    Congratulations, that's taking control, and taking things into your own hand! THAT's how it is done! Good work! I don't have an iPhone, but my sister does down the shore, maybe I'll get it to support you some.

-achievement unlocked-
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    Awesome!
    I'll be grabbing this tonight!
  • LoTekK
    Offline / Send Message
    LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
    Loved elasto mania. Gonna grab this at lunch :D

"Use your finger to grab the rider and toss him around the map when you're on or off the bike!" <-- lol
  • TWilson
    Offline / Send Message
    I have to brag a little and bump this thread... Moto X Mayhem has been doing quite well :)

We just became the #1 racing game in Canada and #2 in the US, UK, and six other countries!

We're in the top 25 games overall in Canada, UK, Italy, and others.

Here are a couple reviews:
    http://appmodo.com/2300/moto-x-mayhem-review-for-the-iphone-and-ipod-touch/
    http://www.appvee.com/t/moto-x-mayhem
    http://toucharcade.com/2009/07/27/moto-x-mayhem-fun-but-needs-a-lot-more-levels/

They're not all perfect but we don't mind. We're working on more levels and other cool things to come :)

Thanks for all your support Polycount!
  • Ruz
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    well done on that, you must be pretty pleased:)
  • uneditablepoly
    Congrats! I keep seeing people getting these great little projects published on the iPhone. I think it's a great outlet for artists and programmers. Go Apple!
  • LoTekK
    Offline / Send Message
    LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
    I keep playing this while I smoke, been loving it. :p
    If you're taking suggestions, though (aside from more content and tracks, anyway :p)

- Have your personal best time displayed on the upper right corner of the screen, so you have some idea of how you're doing during that run.

- Possibly a small visual indicator (aside from the rider's body position) of the current tilt. I occasionally have trouble getting centered when I play with one hand (while i smoke, eg).
  • TWilson
    Offline / Send Message
    We'll likely add a ghost mode some time which would have you racing against your best time ghost. This would show you how you did it too.

Maybe a slider at the bottom or top could show you the iphones/touch balance. I think people don't realize that you can tilt it in different directions too like when it's flat you need to tilt it down still... not towards and away from you if that makes sense. I'll probably re-do the How To Play for the next update.
  • vladino
    Offline / Send Message
    vladino polycounter lvl 14
    Wow you're doing amazingly well! You're #1 game in UK now. Congratulations!

My Aqua Globs game is not even in top 100 :( I should have done racing game :D Any tips you can share what helped you to get to the top?
  • BradMyers82
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Cool game! Congrats.
  • TWilson
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys.

Vladino: It's not necessary that it be a racing game of course (Flight Control, Doodle Jump, Fieldrunners, etc). There was a series of events that have helped us. The first was choosing a game that I felt was missing from the App store. I looked for it because I wanted to play it and it wasn't there. The second was creating solid gameplay (we are lacking content I'm told). Then we happened to get reviewed by TouchArcade. It wasnt a good review but any publicity is good publicity. We promoted everywhere we could aside from that as well. Apple put us on the "What we're playing" list a week after we came out and before the weekend. Following that we were noticed by a couple bigger review sites, Appmodo and Appvee... And here we are hoping we'll keep doing well.

Aqua Globs looks sweet! Keep promoting and cross your fingers... I dont really understand how it works either :)
  • vladino
    Offline / Send Message
    vladino polycounter lvl 14
    TWilson wrote: »
    Thanks guys.

Vladino: It's not necessary that it be a racing game of course (Flight Control, Doodle Jump, Fieldrunners, etc). There was a series of events that have helped us. The first was choosing a game that I felt was missing from the App store. I looked for it because I wanted to play it and it wasn't there. The second was creating solid gameplay (we are lacking content I'm told). Then we happened to get reviewed by TouchArcade. It wasnt a good review but any publicity is good publicity. We promoted everywhere we could aside from that as well. Apple put us on the "What we're playing" list a week after we came out and before the weekend. Following that we were noticed by a couple bigger review sites, Appmodo and Appvee... And here we are hoping we'll keep doing well.

Aqua Globs looks sweet! Keep promoting and cross your fingers... I dont really understand how it works either :)

Thanks a lot for a valuable information! It helped a lot ;) We have a reviews but not a major site like TA and we haven't been featured by Apple (which I think helps a lot). I'm not gonna spam this thread with off topic talks anymore. Let's see some graphics! ;)
  • TWilson
    Offline / Send Message
    A little bump here... We've submitted our update with new levels a week ago which means it's about a week away from showing up in the app store if Apple approves.

The update includes:
    • A new island with 7 more challenging terrains!
    • New digital and analog control options!
    • Faster and more efficient Highscores!
    • Various fixes and improvements.

mxmayhem_screen01.jpgmxmayhem_screen02.jpg
    mxmayhem_screen03.jpgmxmayhem_screen04.jpg
    mxmayhem_screen05.jpgmxmayhem_screen06.jpg

You can follow us on twitter or facebook where we try to keep everyone interested in the loop.
  • spahr
    Offline / Send Message
    spahr polycounter lvl 8
    you made this game! im soooo addicted to it haha, i should almost get mad at you, because i spend way too much time playing it lol. I turn it on when i open a program cause its awesome 30 seconds of fun, then 15 minutes later i forget what i was doing lol. Cant wait for the new levels.

PS. nice touch on the skeleton biker at the end of the first level ;)

Great i just popped it open to play, and ive spent another 10 minutes playing it, ahhh damn you and your awesome game!