Home Technical Talk

Zbrush crash when using/masking with transpose master

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
warriah polycounter lvl 12
so i was trying to pose a character's arms with transpose master, but the second i mask an area holding down CTRL, zbrush just crashes everytime.

i tried this with the default zbrush soldier model and it works fine, so im assuming something is wrong with the basemesh but i dont know what.
i exported it back to maya to check it out, theres no overlapping polygons or anything like that so im not really sure what the problem is.

anybody have this problem before?

Replies

• warriah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    warriah polycounter lvl 12
    ok so i just fixed this annoying thing thing. i just reimported the basemesh into a new file and it worked. must have been something up with the ztool file
  • scourgewarper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Is your model uvmapped? I had similar problem tried to save mask as alpha and zbrush kept crashing and it was because I didn't have UV's.
  • Omar_Nabiev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Omar_Nabiev polycounter lvl 18
    i'v got the same problem here. First - i thought that this is a Traspose master error or something. My model consists of separate pieces in max (l_arm, u_arm, torso...etc). Every object uv mapped, no overlapping or anything. I export them one by one --> obj. Then i import that meshes to zbrush, append everything as subtools to head, go to Transpose master and hit TPOSEmesh, ok, now it's time to pose, and here is a problem, when i CTRL click on hit ANY object Zbrush crashes to the desktop. Ok, i did research on this, at this time i'v append object by object and CTRL click on them to see will it crash or no. Head+u_arm -ok, head+u_arm+torso - ok, head+u_arm+torso+l_arm - CRASHES, So, i figured out that something wrong in that object l_arm. At this time i just imported it as a simple object (no traspose master or subtools has been used). I go to the EDIT mode, and CTRL click on it - CRASHES. So it's 100% that only this object is wrong, i'v tryed reimport it from Max, converted to edit mesh, resetxform, nothing helps. Just can't understand whats wrong, uvs-ok, no overlapping polys and so on... Anyone had this problem?
  • Omar_Nabiev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Omar_Nabiev polycounter lvl 18
    ok, exported to OBJ from max, reset max, import OBJ, export that obj to zbrush, works!
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    Save constantly and multiple files, I don't like to waste HD space so I save 4-5times a different file for one tool every time then save over those files over the course until completion.

Or you'll end up with a file that can no longer be opened by Zbrush and then your ultimately screwed and have to do everything again. Just a heads up.